1760 replies to this topic

Mortvana
    Mortvana

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

Idea: RailCraft Coke Oven Recipe
Force Logs in a Coke oven gets you 1 Golden Power Source + 50 millibuckets of liquid force
Author of the new mod, MortTech
And yes, Mortvana_v2 is me, this account is borked in Reika's forum thread...
This is a signature...

Register or log in to remove.

aranna00
    aranna00

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: aranna00

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

would I be allowed to put this mod in a private FTB modpack, me and my friends will use it on a server with +/- 6 people

CCBCCBB
    CCBCCBB

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Force Wrench is awesome and a bit OP. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

anti344
    anti344

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

You are very cool modder, but how did you do Forse Wand? How much I tried I could not get track, right click on the subject, I even created my EntityItem and used the method interact (), but I could not.

As always, I use Google Translator, sorry for the mistakes.

InsaneJ
    InsaneJ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm not completely sure this is a Dartcraft issue, but sometimes the client crashes upon loggin on to the server with the following error:
Spoiler:

ForgeModLoader-client-0.log: http://paste2.org/eMfvL0h5

I noticed Ender Tots are spawning in Aroma1997's Dimensional World. Is there a way to prevent this? None of the vanilla Minecraft mobs spawn in that dimension since it's basically meant for automated mining without any mobs in it.
Posted Image
HappyDiggers
is a small Minecraft community with several different servers: Adventure, Arena PvE, Feed The Beast, Skyblock, Small World, Towny, Prison, Vanilla and Snapshot.

darkmega
    darkmega

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hey bluedart, I'd like to point out that for reasons unforseen in my modpack of exactly 100 mods (which is more like 65 mod folder wise, since 30 or so of them are just compatibility side bits and pieces of other mods) whenever I update my version 14 to version 16 I get weird gradual memory problems when fighting mobs in large amounts and sometimes microfreezes when opening loot bags. atleast thats what I've hit when testing my pack to make sure it works, since to test I just run around fighting mobs for half an hour to see if memory guzzling problems with the world gen or just in general occur since they're the problems I hate the most.

But I also hit strangeness with atomicstrkyers battletowers, which is whenever i approach the golem on top it freezes up completely and doesn't say anything in the console or a crash report until I force close minecraft and reload in which case it usually freezes again or takes a few tries to reload and work properly... and then when I switch back to 14 again none of the things happen... so I dunno whats going on but maybe you might know or have heard of some stuff so I'll leave you with that bit of info of occurrences happening to me so you can keep an eye out for them. Posted Image

Sivid
    Sivid

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

I recently tried your mod ^^ It's awesome how everything can interact with other mods^^
Could you try to add some nice interaction with Ars Magica also? ... and one more thing, Like froce bricks, maybe force armor could also be colored ?

happybudgie
  • Minecraft: happybudgie

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hi Bluedart! Can you please add a Spawn Egg for the Ender Tot! I think in past Versions there was an Spawn Egg
but I cannot find it. So I thought you have removed it.Posted Image Can you please add it again?

Iaintsayin

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

What do I do with force shards?! Man, the OP is a mess...
"I ain't do nothin', I ain't know nothin', I ain't sayin' nothin'!" - Iaintsayin

Deadly_Notch_The_Miner

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Boss mod I'm gonna try it

Tyrellan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostCCBCCBB, on 16 June 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Force Wrench is awesome and a bit OP. [img]
Yeah, I was going to just come and complain about this mod. It has potential but holy crap; everything about it is SO OP there's no reason to play.  These loot bags are beyond insane; I looted portal guns from zombies!

I'm removing the mod until it's dimmed down and realistic.  I play in survival, not creative...  :/

tenchinoryu

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

so I love the mod the way it is... so if you are going to listen to these people, please make it an option in the config and not just an over arching change!

InsaneJ
    InsaneJ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

What I really like about this mod is that it gives people an easy way to power buildcraft machines early in the game. Just collect a couple of force gems, make an engine, put a force gem in the engine and let it run for a really long time. Basically it makes it easier for novice (and lazy) players to get into the game and advance to more complex and expensive machines.

I do agree that it might be a bit too much since you can build a ton of force engines, use a power convertor and get crazy amounts of energy that way. So having a config option that let's you nerf the engine output and fuel consumption of the engines would be welcome :)
Posted Image
HappyDiggers
is a small Minecraft community with several different servers: Adventure, Arena PvE, Feed The Beast, Skyblock, Small World, Towny, Prison, Vanilla and Snapshot.

Iaintsayin

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Apparently people can't read for shizzle.

This mod is all about CONVENIENCE. Get it? It's about making the game so easy, you might as well play creative. I know, reading comprehension is a skill hard to acquire, but do try next time.

I was testing the mod for some time, and it's not for me, too much convenience. About the only thing I like for survival is the XP book, because there's no mod out there that stores the actuall XP not the levels. Dartcraft is the only one.
"I ain't do nothin', I ain't know nothin', I ain't sayin' nothin'!" - Iaintsayin

Vurp
    Vurp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Does force shards have a use? NEI or OP doesn't say anything about it.

DarkLightz

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

The only use for force shards i can think of is for putting them in the force infuser to get a bit of liquid force.

InsaneJ
    InsaneJ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

You use Force Shards as building material for the Force Engine and as fuel. You can put Force Shards straight into the Force Engine and it'll turn into liquid. It's really convenient :)

To get the Dart Craft recipes to show up in NEI I think you have to install NEI plugins. And while you're at it, you may also want to install NEI addons.
Posted Image
HappyDiggers

Axofpik
    Axofpik

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Minecraft: Axofpik

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

is there a Wiki for this mod yet?

Sirithil

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hey hey, I love this mod, and I hope you don't listen to these fools crying because you aren't Greg.

Only problem I have is endertots: they spawn everywhere. Even in biomes where hostile mobs shouldn't, like mushroom islands, where they spawn in stupidly large numbers. They also spawn in the nether and in every single mod dimension.

In addition to fixing their biome spawning, would it be possible to have a blacklist in the config for dimensions where they shouldn't spawn? Thanks in advance.

Also: stupid question, how do I rotate force engines? This is my setup currently, and I had to offset the center one because it was insisting on pointing towards one of the other engines and not towards the conduit, and wouldn't respond to right-clicks with either the force wrench or the prototype omniwrench (from OmniTools).

Posted Image

Wyld
    Wyld

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: wyld

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yeah, ender-tots are an issue. They spawn in the Promised Lands in Biomes of Plenty as well, which is meant to be mob free.

Bluedart, could I request the ability to turn off items via config? Keep them all active as per default, but some servers may wish to not allow 'Repair' on the armour, or being able to wrench mob spawners, etc etc.

Modpack Maker for the FTB Team. Catch me on Twitter/FTB Forums as Wyld or via my twitch/youtube as Wyldstein