• Please log in to reply
1765 replies to this topic

NTaylor
    NTaylor

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Brilliant mod been enjoying it a lot, especially using a force drill with (at the minute upgrading as I can) speed 4 and fortune 4 which seems to plough through the landscape with incredible speeds. One little complaint in that regard however is that I do personally see the upgrades you can put on as a little bit too cheap for what you get.

A bug I have encountered however is that whenever I make a mystcraft age (standard terrain and void age) with mushroom islands in it (not tested in a vanilla overworld mushroom island as they are pretty hard to find) I seem to get ender tots spawning in it, which should not happen as only mooshrooms, are supposed to spawn there and that has led me to having to disable ender tot spawn as I am getting hundreds of them in dark spaces and they are the only thing spawning.

Not a major bug but would be nice if it could be fixed.

Register or log in to remove.

Yuukiko
    Yuukiko

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

Really good mod but too much overpowered in no time i can have fortune 4 pickaxe etc make it cost more maybe a diamond for the enchanter make it cost more liquid force and far more MJ for each upgrade and add really more time for enchant item like 5/10/15/etc min

+ edit the base spawnrate of the ore it's  too common (yeah i know it's editable but exemple my first try with this mod feel bad because map already generated)

NTaylor
    NTaylor

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostNTaylor, on 09 June 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Brilliant mod been enjoying it a lot, especially using a force drill with (at the minute upgrading as I can) speed 4 and fortune 4 which seems to plough through the landscape with incredible speeds. One little complaint in that regard however is that I do personally see the upgrades you can put on as a little bit too cheap for what you get.

A bug I have encountered however is that whenever I make a mystcraft age (standard terrain and void age) with mushroom islands in it (not tested in a vanilla overworld mushroom island as they are pretty hard to find) I seem to get ender tots spawning in it, which should not happen as only mooshrooms, are supposed to spawn there and that has led me to having to disable ender tot spawn as I am getting hundreds of them in dark spaces and they are the only thing spawning.

Not a major bug but would be nice if it could be fixed.

Follow up to that bug report it seems now that whenever I have Ender Tot spawn set to 0 I get this crash.

Spoiler:

Was not getting it at first with the spawns set to 0 but it started after a while and now it seems the only way to get rid of it is either increase the spawn rate to at least 1 or delete dartcraft. :/ Any help getting rid of the crash would be appreciated.

Revemohl

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostNTaylor, on 09 June 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

They do actually spawn in vanilla shroom islands, for whatever reason.

And wow, all these complaints about balance are kinda... funny, I guess. I just hope you don't listen to them too much and Greg your mod out, for me it feels just well balanced enough that I can have fun playing Minecraft again as it is.

Vaygrim
    Vaygrim

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

The entire point of the mod is fun and convenience, which I for one LOVE. I really hope he keeps the balance and growth rate at the range it is right now.

tenchinoryu

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostVaygrim, on 10 June 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

The entire point of the mod is fun and convenience, which I for one LOVE. I really hope he keeps the balance and growth rate at the range it is right now.
Completely agree!

EDIT:
As a side note we will be editing our first episodes of our Let's Play with my "DartPack" soon so I'll let you know when it's up.

Gamabunta00
  • Minecraft: Gamabunta00
  • Xbox:Gamabunta00

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostGamabunta00, on 05 June 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Hey i have been getting this weird error report for a while now, i thought it was an LWJGL bug at first but upon further inspection i saw your name in it so i assume it is related to your mod, if im wrong then im sorry for the confusion.  Here is the crash log
Spoiler:
If this isnt your mods problem then please point me in the right direction if you can. Thank you
So I assume it was just missed but is this a bug with Dartcraft? I dont really notice a pattern with it, the only pattern i Have noticed is that i am always in my GUI when this happens.
Without minecraft id have to go outside....its bright out there...does anyone have the dimmer switch for the sun?

XVPlaer
    XVPlaer

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Can you make Dartcraft compatible with MineFactory Reloaded ? Please :)

moop2000
    moop2000

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

So been playing this mod with the Feed the Beast 1.5 beta, and I've yet to find any Force Trees. Any suggestions on where to look, or what I might be doing wrong?

tenchinoryu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

View Postmoop2000, on 11 June 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

So been playing this mod with the Feed the Beast 1.5 beta, and I've yet to find any Force Trees. Any suggestions on where to look, or what I might be doing wrong?
use force rod on a planted ungrow standard sapling. suggest you watch Direwolf20's modspot on dartcraft^^

FSMAcolyte

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Why am I getting fish out of some cobblestone, but not all cobblstone when hit by the force rod?!

Wut?!

Theflogat
  • Minecraft: theflogat

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

New bug: Ender Tots spawns in mushroom island shore

Tahg
    Tahg

Ex-Mojang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Force engines do not update properly in MystCraft ages (and possibly any age other than the overworld).  It requires opening the interface for their visual state to update.  They update just fine in the overworld.
Bukkit cofounder

bogatyr_n
    bogatyr_n

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Is there a way we can turn the lambchops off? I have another mod that adds mutton and now I'm getting two meat drops per sheep.

heffroncm
    heffroncm

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 195 posts
  • Minecraft: HeffronCM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Really enjoying this mod. I've love to see Force Trees made compatible with Steve's Carts 2, Forestry, or Minefactory Reloaded for utterly hilarious automagic resource production. I'd also love to see my MFR core mining laser generate Force Ore.

Enosphorous

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Bravo. A very thorough, full-compatable mod. Very advanced machines, which reflects an obviously vast knowledge of java. Excellent work, keep it up!

Posted Image

Blue_Sky
    Blue_Sky

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Any force bow I make won't fire, even though I have arrows in the inventory.

Marc12868
  • Minecraft: marc12868
  • Xbox:marc12868

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Postheffroncm, on 14 June 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Really enjoying this mod. I've love to see Force Trees made compatible with Steve's Carts 2, Forestry, or Minefactory Reloaded for utterly hilarious automagic resource production. I'd also love to see my MFR core mining laser generate Force Ore.

Force trees are compatible with steve cart's 2... use the tree: exoctic addon with the rest of your tree farm cart and boom you can use force saplings :P

heffroncm
    heffroncm

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 195 posts
  • Minecraft: HeffronCM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostMarc12868, on 15 June 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Force trees are compatible with steve cart's 2... use the tree: exoctic addon with the rest of your tree farm cart and boom you can use force saplings Posted Image

Thank you!

ikkonoishi

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

I just finished setting up a tree farm with mining drills and turtles. I wonder in the end which one is more reliable.