1758 replies to this topic

Kazekai
    Kazekai

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostDarkblock306, on 16 May 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Very cool mod! Haven't seen a mod this good in a while! I love your integration with the other major forge mods.

PS: Did you base the force gems off the ones in Zelda?
Spoiler:

Most likely yes, seeing as his spoils bag looks exactly like the one in Wind Waker, the mitts look like the gloves in Minish Cap (I think?), and the sword need no introduction.

Thanks for the update, especially glad about the vanilla dye feature now. Will test on SSP and hopefully be able to upgrade my server.
Posted Image
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "Please," I'll say "No" because it's shorter than "Yes."

Register or log in to remove.

bluedart

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

I'll need a full verbose error log (pastebin please) for the NEI error as I have tested DartCraft without CodeChickenCore and NEI and was unable to get it to crash.  Something I've noticed however, is that my custom tooltips inside the Force Infuser and Force Engine do not appear if NEI is not installed.  Until further notice it is my official position that CodeChickenCore and NEI are required to play DartCraft, although that may not actually be the case.

As for the Force Gems - absolutely they are based off of the Legend of Zelda.  They were taken verbatim from the Legend of Zelda, as were several other items from DartCraft.  When I went to make a mod I decided to cram in as many Legend of Zelda references as I could.  Can you find them all?

jakj
    jakj

Carpenter

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postbluedart, on 17 May 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Until further notice it is my official position that CodeChickenCore and NEI are required to play DartCraft, although that may not actually be the case.

I'm fairly certain your mod is dependent upon NEI, because when I deobfuscated/reobfuscated the previous release to get it working on 1.5.2, I had to include two files from NEI, namely IConfigureNEI.class and IStackPositioner.class. I reobfuscated with those two classes from NEI present, then deleted them afterward, and your mod's .12 release worked fine (with NEI installed).

modpir8king

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

There is some sort of conflict between this mod and traincraft I am unable to work out which side its on.  

http://pastebin.com/dzisM7Th

Lfty
    Lfty

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Minecraft: Lefty

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

@modpir8king: the first error is between Invteaks and traincraft but it should nothing to do with dartcraft but I get the 2 "crash" error when Dartcraft is installed on 1.5.2:

http://pastebin.com/v07E30ih

Beeeeeeeeeeep :P

Fogger
    Fogger

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 46 posts
  • Minecraft: UltimateGerbil

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

The latest Dartcraft (0.1.13) is incompatible with the latest Traincraft (4.0.0_032)
Spoiler:
Running on a fresh instance with just these 2 mods.

If relevant:
  MC 1.5.2
  LWJGL 2.9.0
  Forge #703
Posted Image

Vaygrim
    Vaygrim

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

FABULOUS MOD. Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love everything about it. I also think your sense of humor really comes through in the mod.

UPGRADE SUGGESTION: Wool. (Force Boots Only). Applies the Feather Fall enchant to the boots so you don't have to feather the space bar on flight landings so much!

Epidemia78

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

How stable is the 1.4.7 version anyway?
Posted Image

Foohey
    Foohey

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

is there any way to reduce the amount the endertot spawns? i walk outside my base and theres 10-20 at my door, every time.

EDIT: this mod has been removed from my game as it makes far too much lag, i go out and there are hundreds of endertots :(

Vaygrim
    Vaygrim

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

MINOR BUG: When I have the Wing Effect going on, I seem to have a VERY hard time going through doorways and going up steps. I especially notice this when trying to going up the front steps of my house, which are sitting on grass blocks. I hit the bottom of the stairs and just stop.

Rossmallo

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Deeply, deeply impressive. Well done.
Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:

Posted Image

Alexiy
    Alexiy

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Will you add clock decrafting?

cardmans
    cardmans

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

nice mod :)

Revemohl

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I think there's a world gen problem here if Biomes O'Plenty is installed. I was annoyed that I couldn't find a single Power Ore after spending quite a bit of time, so I checked MCEdit if it could find any blocks with the ID 1900 (which is the one I got for it) and... none. Quite a few explored chunks, and absolutely no mention of that ID in MCEdits's analyze funciton. No instances of that ore seemed to show up on this test instance with only BoP and DartCraft as well.

Vaygrim
    Vaygrim

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostRevemohl, on 18 May 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

I think there's a world gen problem here if Biomes O'Plenty is installed. I was annoyed that I couldn't find a single Power Ore after spending quite a bit of time, so I checked MCEdit if it could find any blocks with the ID 1900 (which is the one I got for it) and... none. Quite a few explored chunks, and absolutely no mention of that ID in MCEdits's analyze funciton. No instances of that ore seemed to show up on this test instance with only BoP and DartCraft as well.

I actually have DartCraft installed on 1.5.1 using MultiMC and ID Resolver. Works 100% fine, and I've got PLENTY of ore generation in my world gen, no config files altered at all. (shrug)

Revemohl

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostVaygrim, on 19 May 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

I actually have DartCraft installed on 1.5.1 using MultiMC and ID Resolver. Works 100% fine, and I've got PLENTY of ore generation in my world gen, no config files altered at all. (shrug)
After some testing, it looks like the B:"Auto regen ore." option, if set to true, stops Power Ore from spawning if you create a new world with it turned on, and this has been happening ever since 0.1.11. Oh well... It also doesn't attempt to regen the ore in those maps if you leave it on, apparently. Turning it on after creating a world is perfectly safe.
Now let's see if I don't destroy my whole current world by setting everything to repopulate with MCEdit.

edoreld
    edoreld

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hey there,

I'm compiling a private modpack for a whitelist type server (http://www.prometheaf-tb.com) and I was wondering if I could get your permission to pack DartCraft along with the other mods (for which I also have permission).
Mod Spotlights & My Custom Modded Let's Play Series: http://www.youtube.com/user/EdoreldO

redstone_bender

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!! just wondering, are you planning on more ores for more powerful things? cause if you do i think that would be awesome!

bluedart

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Updated to Beta 0.1.14.  Traincraft should no longer crash when DartCraft entities are created.  Ender Tot spawn rates have been cranked down by default and may be controlled in the config.  Added a way to get a certain Thaumcraft enchant and Soul Stealing from Soul Shards on Force Tools.  Check the changelog for full details.

supernicktendo64

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Superb! You're clopping along at a Fantastic rate! I've been super impressed with the amount of work you've put into this mod. And it's quickly becoming one of my favorite "must have" mods now. I've even traded in my Ars Magica / Industrial Craft / Modular Power Suits armor in favorite of Force armor. The benefits are just too good to discount. At a decent cost too.

I was super excited to read that you put in Vision as an enchantment, especially since that was the only thing I was missing from the other armors. But I see you didn't add it as an armor enchantment. I suppose that's because there is no way to toggle it on and off?