Greetings traveler, have a seat. In this land there are many perils, this you know. What you may not know however, is that there is a new power waiting to be harnessed by a resourceful lad such as yourself. The power I speak of? Power Ore of course!
DartCraft adds one, and only one new ore to Minecraft: Power Ore. When you mine this ore you receive 2-4 “Force Gems” (fortune affects this) which can be used to create Force Ingots from which specialty tools are crafted, or even squeezed into Liquid Force which can be used in several DartCraft machines. Uses for Liquid Force range from using it to imbue your Force Tools with special upgrades and enhancements (such as vanilla Fortune or custom upgrades like Heat or Grinding), or even powering a Force Engine to generate BuildCraft energy.
Before you even find your first Power Ore, you’ll want to make yourself a Clipboard, which is DartCraft’s take on mobile crafting. The clipboard is relatively cheap to make, and you have but to select it and right-click to open up a portable crafting table of sorts.
The clipboard is unique in that it is the first portable crafting table to both keep the contents of its inventory and have useful convenience buttons that serve to decrease crafting time by leaps and bounds. If that weren't enough, if NEI is installed the player may look up crafting recipes and overlay them onto the clipboard temporarily.
Whether you’re crafting quickly and conveniently on the go, mining those precious diamonds with your newfound Fortune IV pickaxe or just enjoying a new way of making BuildCraft energy you’ll feel right at home here. Welcome to DartCraft, where convenience is king.
This is a complex mod, but the rewards are great and if you read everything here carefully, watch the videos and experiment with DartCraft for yourself you should pick it up in no time. The Book of Mudora which NEI can show you how to make is an in-game option for learning DartCraft as well. (Added in version 0.2.06)
- Portable crafting table.
- Easily craftable.
- Keeps inventory.
- Balance button.
- To inventory button.
- Smart Assist button.
- NEI's Recipe Inquiry Button support.
- Can be opened with the 'C' key while present on the player's hotbar and no gui is open.
- A bit more common than gold, found below y-value 48.
- Drops 2-4 Force Gems (Fortune effective)
- Nether variant that is quite common, but dangerous to retrieve.
- Magical glow, easy to spot in the dark.
- Config setting to allow re-generation of Power Ore (useful for worlds started before DartCraft was installed.)
- Can be converted into a bucket of Liquid Force in various DartCraft machines to fuel them, although inefficiently.
- Can be squeezed (Forestry) into more Liquid Force, and stored in tanks, forestry cans/capsules or even a bucket.
- Can be created from Force Gems and Iron, Gold, Bronze, Steel, Mob Ingots, Refined Iron or Silver Ingots.
- More efficient carpenter recipes to use Liquid Force instead of Force Gems.
- Can be used to make tools of varying types that are all upgradable using the Force Infuser (discussed below.)
- Convertible into and from Force Nuggets much like Gold Ingots.
- Used also to make Force Packs and the instantly necessary Force Rod.
Book of Mudora
- Right clicking this guy will open a gui that contains the sum of all DartCraft knowledge.
- In this gui simply drag the window around as you would with an achievement gui, and when you click on an item it will bring up a page of information on said item. Switch pages by clicking on the left and right arrows at the bottom of the popup page, if extra pages are available.
- To close the book and exit the gui use either your inventory key or the main menu key. (Default E and Escape respectively.)
- There is no need to unlock anything in the Book of Mudora, simply craft one and all DartCraft information is now at your fingertips. Enjoy!
- Information on Infuser Upgrades and their materials is still only available inside the Force Infuser, so please remember to avail yourself of it.
- Between this and DartCraft's NEI plugins, extraneous questions about DartCraft should no longer be necessary. If you do manage to come up with a mechanic question please check the entirety of this post first including the IAQ before posting.
- Storage Units are owned by the player whom places them and can be set to disallow pipe interaction or even prevent other players from accessing them.
- Storage Units can be recolored with shapeless vanilla dye recipes or by right clicking them with an IC2 painter.
- Storage units can be upgraded to have larger internal storage using the Storage upgrade in the Force Infuser. The infuser must be at least Tier 4 to accomplish this and only one upgrade is allowed per Tier.
- Each upgrade will increase the Storage Unit's internal storage capacity by one additional storage unit (27) slots, to a maximum of 4 Storage Units in one (108 slots).
- Storage Units can interact with stored Item Cards to do things like automatically craft, Force Transmute, Forge Transmute or even destroy configured items.
- Created with Force Ingots, leather and a chest.
- Holds up to 8 items initially, can be upgraded to 40 eventually.
- Shift Right-Click to rename and recolor your Force Pack on the fly.
- Will hold anything but other Force Packs and a few blacklisted tools that hold other items, such as Forestry Backpacks.
- Cannot be placed inside Clipboards.
- Highly dynamic config file settings.
- Upgradable to the Ender Pack, which opens your vanilla ender chest and has no holding restrictions. (Packception)
- If an Ender Pack is present on the player's hotbar, or inside a Force Belt on the player's hotbar they may press the 'X' key to open the Ender Pack, as long as no other gui is open.
- Force Packs are now interactable with inventories like chests by right-clicking on the chest with the Force Pack. Item Cards inside the Pack will determine which items are placed where. Items that normally get sucked into the pack are placed into the inventory, whereas items that are normally restocked are sucked into the pack.
- Crafted From a Force Ingot, Force Nugget and either a stick or the more potent Force Stick, the Force Rod is required to start advancing in DartCraft.
- Can alter various items, entities and blocks to bring new and useful content into Minecraft.
- Has a growing list of Force Transmutations that allow vanilla and mod tools/armor to be transmuted back into the ingots that made them by simply dropping the item and right-clicking it with the Force Rod. Examples are bronze tools from IC2, steel tools from Railcraft and even thaumium tools from thaumcraft.
- Used to make Force Tomes, Force Armor, the Force Infuser and a few more useful things.
- Upgradable in the Force Infuser to one of various types of rods.
- Can not be used for Force Transmutations in an upgraded state.
- Can be used to buff a player with various potion-effects with the proper upgrade.
- Using the Speed upgrade gives a Rod of Speed, which gives the vanilla Speed potion effect, as well as Mining Speed and a short jump boost.
- DartCraft enhances players under the effects of the vanilla speed potion, allowing them to automatically walk up one-block inclines and also giving them the ability to quickly dart across water complete with sound and visual effects.
- Upgrading a Force Rod with the Camo upgrade will give the Rod of Invisibility. Each use of this rod will imbue invisibility on its user for 30 seconds. This effect should not be visually detectable.
- Can be upgraded with Ender to give the Rod of Return, which may be named and bound to their current location and later used to return its user to that same location and dimension, using a single durability, from any dimension.
- The Rod of Return must be set before it can be used. To set the rod to your current location shift-right click it to open the gui pictured below, click set to display your current coordinates in the gui, optionally name the location and press 'save' to save the location and name currently displayed.
- Force Rods may have a short cooldown imposed onto them by changing a config setting, or even have their ability to be upgraded and used disabled on a per-upgrade basis (with some restrictions). Ender Rods may also be configured to not work while in combat (meaning if you have been attacked by an entity in the last 5 seconds you cannot use one.)
- By default, all Force Rods except the Rod of Speed use and require magic to function. If the player has no magic remaining they will be unable to use a Force Rod. Ender and Healing Rods use a significant amount of magic.
- The Force Belt can hold Force Rods, Force Packs, Ender Packs and Baconators inside it for easy storage.
- If one and only one Force Belt is present on your hotbar you may press 1-8 on the Numpad (by default) to use the Force Rod stored in that slot. (Make sure Num Lock is on.) Teleport belt, anyone?
- If one and only one Force Belt is present on your hotbar you may press Z at any time to open the inventory of that Force Belt. You may also press X to open your Ender Pack if one is present inside the Force Belt in question.
- Baconators may function from inside a Force Belt.
- Force Belts are recolorable and renamable just like Force Packs.
The Magic Meter
- The health portion of the Magic HUD displays the player's health in a slightly more accurate manner than vanilla minecraft, in addition to this full hearts will be colorized based on certain potion effects that are affecting the player.
- Actions in DartCraft will use and sometimes require magic to be used as well. Some of these actions include:
- Wing-enabled flight.
- Using a Force Sword with certain upgrades against an entity.
- Shooting a Fire/Ice Arrow from a Force Bow.
- Using a Force Rod of any type.
- Using a Force Tool with certain upgrades to break a block. (At the moment magic can be configured to be expended in this manner, but the use of these tools under these conditions in regards to magic restrictions has yet to be enforced.)
- The Magic Meter will (quite slowly) recharge itself over time, as long as the player is not in the air, provided they are not under a penalty recharge time.
- If a player's magic is completely exhausted they will be unable to regenerate magic naturally for approximately 10 seconds. While a player's magic is depleted no magical actions may be performed.
- Hostile mobs will occasionally drop magic jars, which upon contact with a player will be consumed and restore a portion of their magic meter. Hostiles will also occasionally, but not often, drop Recovery Hearts in this fashion which will restore one heart to any player that picks it up.
- Magic can also be restored with one of a few Force Potions, explained in a separate section.
Chu Chus and Force Potions
- These creatures, while not entirely foreboding, tend to spawn in groups and will home in on any nearby player and attempt to jump into them and cause damage.
- Chu Chus come in a variety of colors, with certain colors being more common than others. The colors are, in order from common to rare, purple, green, red, blue and gold.
- Chu Chus will sometimes drop some Chu Jelly of their respective color, excepting the purple ones which have no jelly to give.
- Chu Jelly can be used along with some other ingredients to make Red, Green and Blue Potions which have specific restorative properties.
- More information on how to create and use these potions can be found in-game using the Book of Mudora.
- Chu Chu spawning and specific potion usage and properties can be modified in the config file.
- Right-click to open the interface where there are 16 item slots to place phantom item copies inside. Right-click these phantoms to change the mode of that particular slot.
- Item Cards, when placed inside a Force Pack, will allow the automatic insertion of items that are picked up into that pack instead of the player's inventory.
- The yellow upward-facing arrow indicates the current item is in suck mode. In this mode when the player picks up an item of this type it will immediately go into the Force Pack if possible.
- The blue downward-facing arrow indicates the current item is in restock mode. In this mode when the player breaks a tool sharing this item's ID it will be immediately replaced by another from inside the pack if possible.
- Restock mode will also function for non-tool items, in which case it will attempt to keep every matching item at max stack size. The checking happens once every 5 seconds for efficiency purposes, but is more than adequate to keep building supplies full on your hotbar.
- They may also be configured to keep a full stack of a given item in the player's inventory for convenience.
- Restock mode and suck mode may be used for the same item, restocking only as many stacks as the user chooses to keep in their inventory.
- Item Cards are renamable in the same way as Force Packs and Force Belts.
- Force Packs are now interactable with inventories like chests by right-clicking on the chest with the Force Pack. Item Cards inside the Pack will determine which items are placed where. Items that normally get sucked into the pack are placed into the inventory, whereas items that are normally restocked are sucked into the pack.
- Upgrade an Item Card with a Crafting Table in the Force Infuser to get a Crafting Card. This specialty Item Card will allow you to set a crafting recipe that will automatically craft with ingredients inside the pack when supplied with the appropriate items.
- Crafting Cards may also restock and suck in items, just as regular Item Cards.
- Item Cards may be crafted back into default versions of themselves to strip them of all data and upgrades.
- Upgrading an Item Card with the Force Upgrade will allow for any item specified by the Item Card to be automatically Force Transmuted if a valid transmutation is found. The resultant of a valid Force Transmutation will be shown on the right-hand side in the gui of the Item Card.
- Upgrading an Item Card with the Heat upgrade will allow them to incinerate items to destroy them. Be careful!
- If BuildCraft is installed Item Cards can be placed inside DartCraft's Force Transport Pipes to accomplish their various tasks in an automated fashion.
- Change a regular sapling into a Force Sapling with the Force Rod and either wait for it to grow or bonemeal it up to full size.
- Yields Force Logs, which are usable as replacement Logs thanks to the Forge Ore Dictionary.
- Convertible into Force Planks which is a replacement for normal planks in most recipes.
- Force Planks are the one and only source of Force Sticks, required for many DartCraft tools.
- Force Logs are squeezable into a small amount of liquid force using Forestry’s Squeezer.
- Leaves drop Force Saplings to replant and occasionally Force Nuggets.
- Force Saplings may be Fermented into Biomass using Forestry’s Fermenter.
- Force Trees may be grown automatically in Forestry Multifarms.
- All Force Transmutations, with a few exceptions, can also be shapelessly crafted with a Force Rod and the input material. These shapeless recipes are visible in NEI. The transmutation will not work in this fashion if the rod is on its last durability.
- In general, Force Transmutations transmute a single item into a single item of a different type.
- Enchanted books may be Force Transmuted into a meager number of Bottle o' Enchanting. At a certain point these are required to advance in DartCraft. This will never yield more experience than you put into them.
- Experience Tomes may be Force Transmuted into Upgrade Cores. This transmutation and the Enchanted Book transmutation are not visible in NEI and must be done in the world.
- Force Transmutations can be used to make unique DartCraft items, as well as reclaim some materials used to craft certain items.
- Each Force Transmutation will use a single durability of the Force Rod per item transmuted.
- Most Force Transmutations are meant to make dungeon loot more useful, and to prevent the supersaturation of extraneous armor and tools.
- Iron, Gold and Chain armor, as well as Iron and Gold tools can be Force Transmuted back into a varying amount of the ingots used to craft them.
- Several mod tool and armor sets are Force Transmutable back into the base ingots used to craft them. Notable instances of this are Railcraft's Steel and Thaumcraft's Thaumium tool and armor sets.
- Certain items like pickaxes give less materials than were required to craft them.
- Minecarts, Iron Doors, Cauldrons and Empty Buckets may be Force Transmuted back into the Iron used to craft them.
- Vanilla bows of any durability may be transmuted back into a single piece of string.
- Old stone and wooden tools may be Force Transmuted back into a single stick.
- Red and Brown mushrooms may be transmuted back and forth between each other. A similar force transmutation also exists for Flowers and Roses.
- Unwanted Force Tools may be immediately transmuted into a Force Shard.
- Clocks may be Force Transmuted to retrive the gold with which they were made. The redstone is lost.
- Left-clicking a non-hostile entity with a Force Flask will imprison it inside the Flask, while right-clicking the Flask will set it free slightly in front of the player.
- Force Flasks will render their victims in 3D space.
- Hostile entities that are not laughably weak must be weakened to below 10% of their maximum health before they can be captured inside a Force Flask. (The False upgrade is recommended.)
- Bottled Entities will slowly regenerate their health inside the bottle.
- Dropping a Force Flask will not spawn a standard EntityItem, instead an EntityBottle with the stored entity rendered inside it will spawn, and remain there indefinitely until someone pushes it or left-clicks it to pick it back up.
- Decorate your home with bottled entities!
- These Mob Chunks can be smelted into a Mob Ingot of their respective color, which can be used to make Force Ingots or various other DartCraft items.
- Mob Chunks can be crafted into Mob Cores, which can eventually be crafted into vanilla spawners for that particular entity.
- Mob Cores require Experience Cores, not just Upgrade Cores, so you'll have to upgrade them with a Bottle 'o Enchanting first.
- Mob Chunks viewed in NEI will tell you which mobs drop a specific color of chunk with an additional tooltip.
- The chance to get a mob chunk from a mob when grinding it is 10%; looting will increase the chance to get a mob chunk by 10% per level.
Liquid Force and Consumers
- Liquid Force can be stored in any Item that uses the IForceConsumer interface. Uses range from using Liquid Force as a fuel to using Liquid Force to repair durability damage.
- ForceConsumers that DartCraft adds are:
- All iterations of Force Tools.
- The Force Wrench
- The Magnet Glove
- Force Armor
- To manually store Liquid Force inside a Force Consumer, hold the item in question in your hands and press the "Force Key" (default: F). This will open the Force Consumer gui.
- Inside the Force Consumer gui you may insert valid Fluid Containers of Liquid Force to fill the internal tank. Generally speaking Force Consumers may store up to 10 buckets of Liquid Force internally.
- Although Force Consumers can use Force Gems directly, Force Gems will only add 1/4 of a bucket of Liquid Force to a Consumer, and are not recommended to be used in this fashion.
- Force Tools, Force Armor and Force Rods may be repaired with Liquid Force and will attempt to use Liquid Force to function, if they have sufficient Force stored.
- Force Rods will repair themselves with stored Liquid Force, even inside a Force Belt.
- Force Wrenches and Magnet Gloves require Liquid Force to use their extra function.
- ForceConsumers may be infused in the Force Infuser using Liquid Force stored in the Infuser. This will attempt to fill the Force Consumer's internal tank to the brim, if it can as well as using as much Liquid Force as it can to repair the tool, should such repair be applicable.
- When right-clicked the Baconator will attempt to take Bacon from the user's inventory and store it in its internal storage. Shift-right-clicking will do just the opposite: give Bacon back to the player.
- When the Baconator has Bacon stored and is on the player's hotbar, it will automatically feed the player Bacon when they become hungry enough to eat a piece of Bacon. This expends Bacon from the Baconator's internal storage.
- The Baconator can also function from inside a Force Belt on the player's hotbar.
- Crafted from Iron Ingots and a Nether Star, the Magnet Glove may be shift-right clicked to change its polarity.
- When the Magnet Glove is on a player's hotbar and its polarity is positive, items and experience will be drawn toward the player for easy collection. This effect has a 10 block radius.
- Be careful shooting arrows when in possession of a Magnet Glove.
- The Magnet Glove may also attract a few other things...
- The Magnet Glove is a ForceConsumer, but does not require Liquid Force to draw in items.
- The Magnet Glove, when in active mode, can be right-clicked on an exposed surface of a block to help the player find ore. The Magnet Glove will look 10 blocks deep in a straight line and pull any ore marked by DartCraft as an IMagneticBlock toward the player for easy access. This feature comes with custom particle effects and sound and requires Liquid Force present in the Magnet Glove to function.
- Also capable of clearing grass and leaves in a wide area, much like a sickle.
- Not upgradable in the Force Infuser, nor are they enchantable.
- Half the durability of standard Force Tools.
- Force Mitts may be used to break a few things that stone picks can, but they are not a legitimate pickaxe.
- Force Mitts can be found in dungeon chests with relative frequency.
- Force Mitts have a greater chance of retrieving Silverwood Saplings from Silverwood Leaves. (It's only a 1% chance, but it more than triples sapling output.)
- DartCraft’s version of the Enchanting Table.
- Created by Force Transmuting a Block of obsidian using the Force Rod's shapeless crafting recipes.
- Highly blast-resistant, and drops obsidian when broken.
- Enables players to upgrade their Force Tools (and only their Force Tools) with vanilla enchants and even custom DartCraft upgrades.
- Clicking on the "Info" button will open a user-friendly sub gui that explains many items and tools from DartCraft, as well as lists various upgrade materials and upgrades the Upgrade Tome has seen, and gives hints about the upgrade materials it has not yet used.
- Capable of imbuing Looting or Fortune with 100% accuracy and easy repetition, as well as a few other well-known enchants.
- Custom upgrades include auto-smelting, auto maceration/pulverization and others.
- Upgrades are not instant, and sometimes require a while to complete.
- Requires both Liquid Force and BuildCraft energy to run.
- Upgrades require Experience to use, unless configured otherwise. The general rule is one level per upgrade material, but this may be configured to be based upon material tier instead. The amount of experience required will be shown in the top-left of the gui if a player does not have enough.
- Force Infusers will only allow their owner to use them or remove their Upgrade Tome. Other players must make their own, or mooch if possible.
- Force Infusers will show an error tab with a brief error description when an upgrade cannot be applied for whatever reason.
- In creative mode, Minecraft Joules, Liquid Force and Experience are not used or required, and upgrades will occur instantaneously.
- User must supply an Upgrade Tome which will gain experience as the infuser is used and allow for greater and more complex upgrades.
- Used to upgrade Force Packs.
- At max tier the Force Infuser functions at double speed.
- Upgrade Tomes advance in tier as they are used for upgrades. Certain upgrades are not available until a higher tier is reached.
- Experience Tomes may be created by upgrading a vanilla book in the Force Infuser with the Experience upgrade. Experience Tomes may be shift-right clicked and held to store experience, and right-clicked and held to withdraw experience.
- Experience Tomes can be converted into Upgrade Cores using the Force Rod, destroying the tome in the process, yielding 1 core per 100 experience stored.
- This armor has about the durability and damage reduction of Iron Armor.
- Force Armor, while not enchantable, is upgradable in the Force Infuser with many unique upgrades.
- Force Armor inherently has the ability to increase efficiency and allow punching of blocks normally requiring tools to break, in exchange for doing damage to the armor itself. This speed can be enhanced by upgrading the Force Armor with one level of speed per gear. Damage will not be taken if the block could already be punched.
- Force Armor will enhance the efficiency of equipped tools by up to 50% of Force Punching's speed coefficient, and will also completely negate flight's efficiency penalty with four pieces equipped.
- Blocks of Obsidian, Forge's oreCobalt and oreArdite as well as most IC2 machines cannot be Force Punched.
- Force Armor can be upgraded to allow your punches to do more damage or fire damage and even upgraded to allow flight, increase jump height and walking speed.
- Force Armor with the Camo upgrade will render invisibly, allowing for the appearance of no armor while being decked out in powerful Force Armor.
- If IC2 is installed the Force Armor can be upgraded with IC2 Batteries; each Battery gives 10,000 EU charge, while each Advanced Battery or Crystal (depending upon version) gives 100,000 EU charge.
- Charged Force Armor will not break when it runs out of EU, but will instead go dormant until it is charged, providing no armor rating or bonus effects.
- For details on upgrade materials that imbue certain upgrades, refer to the 'Upgrading the Tome' section for a full list. Or better yet just check an infuser in-game.
Power Drill / Power Saw
- The Power Tools have three sockets that will accept any of several Upgrade Cores to enhance its abilities.
- Socketing Luck will give Fortune on the Drill, also available are Silk Touch, Grinding, Heat and Speed.
- Socketing Luck will give Looting on the Saw, also available are Lumberjack, Damage, Grinding, Heat, Bane, Bleed and Speed.
- Adding sockets to Power Tools will dramatically increase their EU consumption.
- The Power Tools, being instances of IElectricItem, can and will draw from batpacks, lappacks and of course the Charge-upgraded Force Tunic.
- The Force Engine is DartCraft’s own unique BuildCraft engine. It is crafted from Force Gears and Force Ingots using BuildCraft’s standard engine recipe template.
- The Force Engine has two liquid tanks, one for Fuel and one for a Throttle.
- The most efficient Fuel for Force Engines is Liquid Force, but Force Engines may also run on BuildCraft Fuel, Oil and even Forestry Ethanol.
- Although the Force Engine can run on Force Gems, it is inadvisable to do this as the Force Engine is only capable of extracting 1/4 of a bucket of Liquid Force From them.
- The Force Engine does not require a throttle to run and will never explode no matter how long it is left unattended.
- Default values for combustible liquids are half that of the Combustion engine, but with a constant input of water as a throttle, the Force Engine will output the same amount of energy as a Combustion engine.
- Water is the weakest Force Engine Throttle available, but it is also very easy to automate.
- The Force Wrench has the unique ability to serialize several tile entities into an easily-mobile carryable TileBox by shift-right clicking on the tile entity. When this item is placed back into the world it will be restored to its original state, all items, energy and settings in tact.
- The Force Wrench works particularly well on IndustrialCraft machines, allowing for players to carry around pocket-MFSUs for on-the-go charging, or bring along Iron Chests to briefly place wherever they go for fun and profit.
- The Force Wrench's serialization ability does not work on immutable objects such as Thaumcraft's Warded blocks and many other discretionary objects.
- These yellowish-gold bricks are highly blast resistant (seriously) and are also spawn-resistant.
- Force Bricks may be recolored using any color dye with 8 Force Bricks around them in a crafting matrix.
- In addition to these features, Force Bricks may also be recolored using an IC2 painter to any of 16 colors. Each variation retains its natural blast and spawn resistance.
- Force Bricks and Force Wood can be crafted into Slabs and Stairs using the standard recipes, and they can even be reverse-crafted back into the materials that made them.
- Force Torches are like normal torches, but they give off a light level of 15 instead of 14.
- Force Torches can be recolored any of the 16 minecraft colors with shapeless dye recipes, or IC2 painters.
- Force Torches can be upgraded in the Force Infuser with one of a few upgrades, which grants the them special abilities.
- Camo will make a Force Torch invisible when placed, and also prevent it from spawning particle effects. The torch will still have a hitbox and can be broken normally.
- Healing will make a Force Torch into a Healing Torch, which will attempt to heal nearby entities occasionally if they need healing. Of course it will have the opposite effect on undead entities.
- Heat will make a Heat Torch, which will occasionally attempt to set fire to nearby entities that are not immune to fire damage.
- Bane will make a Bane Torch, which will occasionally attempt to destroy nearby monsters instantly, with a few exceptions. No more spiders walking on the roof!
- Forceaflouge Blocks are owned by the player whom places them and cannot be configured or removed by other players.
- These blocks can be configured to look like any solid, normal-rendering block and can even be set to allow certain players to pass through them.
- To open a Forceaflouge Block's gui, simply right-click it with a Force Wrench or other BuildCraft ItemWrench. To remove a Forceaflouge Block, simply break it with a pickaxe.
- Forceaflouge Blocks must actually hold onto a block to take its appearance, and can only take one block at a time. These blocks are very finicky about which blocks they take and will also refuse to take an ItemStack with a stackSize greater than one.
- While under the effects of the Night Vision PotionEffect, Forceaflouge Blocks that players may pass through will render with transparency while others will remain solid.
- Forceaflouge Blocks are ideal for securing ones base or making a quaint secret area, either shared or private.
- All of the Force Tools are not enchantable in a vanilla Enchanting Table and will also not be able to hold vanilla enchants added by means other than a Force Infuser should they somehow acquire them.
- All Force Tools are upgradable in the Force Infuser, with varying upgrades accepted for each tool.
- Each Force Tool can only be upgraded once, so choose your upgrades wisely.
- All Force Tools can be repaired with and/or run on Liquid Force using the new ForceConsumer system.
- Block-breaking Force Tools have a toggleable mode called "Area Mode" that can be toggled by right-clicking the tool, or in the case of the Force Shears by shift-right clicking the tool. In area mode the Force Tool functions at a significantly decreased speed, but in exchange it breaks all applicable blocks within a 3 block diameter. This function expends durability as if each block had been individually broken, and is simply meant as a time-saver.
- Functions as regular shears on IShearable entities such as Sheep and Twilight Forest Rams.
- These shears have the innate ability to shear Chickens, yielding feathers, and Cows, yielding Leather.
- Pigs may also be sheared with Force Shears, which will give Raw Bacon. Cook Raw Bacon before you eat it or you will be poisoned.
- A sheared animal will eventually eat grass and grow back their feathers or skin. I don’t know how.
- Upgradable in the Force Infuser. For example Luck will make more materials drop, while grinding will macerate wool into string.
- The Rainbow upgrade will drop random colors of wool, regardless of the sheep’s color.
- The Heat upgrade will… nevermind.
- Unlike normal Arrows, Force Arrows cannot be reclaimed once shot.
- The Force Bow has several modes depending upon what upgrades are present on it. Shift-right-clicking the Force Bow will change its active mode.
- In normal mode the Force Bow will shoot normally, applying any upgrades it has at all once if applicable.
- In Torch mode, which is avaliable even without the need to upgrade, the Force Bow will expend both a Force Arrow and a Torch from the user's inventory in order to shoot a special Torch Arrow. A torch will be placed where this arrow lands, or dropped at the arrow's location if a torch cannot be placed at that location.
- Fire mode is available if the Heat upgrade is present on the Force Bow, and in this mode Heat-imbued Force Arrows will be shot. As with standard fire arrows entities struck with these pointed projectiles will be set ablaze, however unlike standard fire arrows Heat arrows will set blocks on fire in a 3x3 area and even smelt certain blocks.
- Ice mode is available if the Freezing upgrade is present on the Force Bow. In Ice mode Force Arrows are imbued with magical ice which are capable of freezing both entities and blocks. Entities struck with an Ice Arrow are frozen in place for about 5 seconds until the ice melts. When an Ice Arrow hits a block in the world, it will attempt to freeze all blocks in a 3 block diameter, if possible.
- Healing mode is available if the Healing upgrade is present on the Force Bow. Healing Arrows will not do damage and instead heal the entity they hit, unless of course that entity is undead in which case they will take serious damage.
- Ender mode is available if the Ender upgrade is present on the Force Bow. Ender Arrows will randomly teleport their victim, perhaps to little effect, but possibly to their doom - who knows?
- All Force Arrows now have specific particle effects based on their attributes. Shoot the rainbow!
- Craft Fortune Cookies from Cookies and Paper.
- Restores one Hunger Bar, low saturation.
- Adds a Fortune to the player’s inventory with a random nugget of wisdom inside.
- These nuggets of wisdom were studiously cobbled by Eastern Unorthodox monks to be insightful and enlightening, as such any congruence with humor is strictly coincidental.
- The Soul Wafer is edible, will restore one bar of hunger and bestows its devourer with one random positive potion effect for a short period of time.
- The Soul Wafer has high saturation and cannot be eaten when not hungry. Devour your enemies and become stronger!
- The Soul Wafer imbues the Soul upgrade in the Force Infuser, and they are an excellent source of Thaumcraft's Animus aspect to boot!
- Right-click a Spoils Bag to open its inventory and remove the contents. Items may not be placed inside them, but only removed.
- When all items have been removed from a spoils bag, the bag will magically vanish from the player's inventory.
- Spoils Bags may be crafted from Treasure Cards, which can occasionally be extracted from enemies slain with a Treasure-imbued weapon.
- Spoils bags can be right-clicked onto an IInventory such as a chest to store the bag's contents into that IInventory, if there is sufficient space.
- Good luck looting!
- First one must create something called an Inert Core. The recipe requires some Black and Light Gray Mob Ingots, gathered from Wither Skeletons and Ghasts respectively, as well as an Upgrade Core.
- After crafting an Inert Core, drop it on the ground, set it on fire with a flint and steel or other implement (it will not burn) then Force Transmute it into a Bottled Wither.
- Be careful where you release this entity, as it will have no charge time and will immediately begin destroying the area.
- If you defeat the Wither you will receive a Nether Star, as per the rules of vanilla Minecraft.
- Upgrade Cores can be used to make Mob Cores, which can be used to craft Mob Spawners. Check the "Mob Chunks" section for details.
- Upgrade Cores themselves must be infused with one, and only one upgrade in the Force Infuser, however the single upgrade may be stacked to its maximum level.
- Once upgraded the Upgrade Core is finalized and cannot be changed.
- Socket this into a DartCraft socketable item such as a Power Saw or Power Drill to imbue that item with the depicted upgrade.
- Once an Upgrade Core is socketed it cannot be retrieved, although the core can be deleted permanently by shift-right-clicking the socketed core, thus enabling another core to take its place.
- When provoked by attack or impromptu staring contest the Ender Tot will proceed to attack you like a standard enderman.
- Ender Tots are not as strong as enderman, nor can they teleport as far, however their childlike minds are too simple to comprehend dangers like water, nor are they calmed by the light of day.
- Ender Tots drop ender pearls, just like their bigger counterparts, but when you kill one... Well, I'll let you figure that one out for yourself.
- Ender Tots are only allowed to spawn in specific vanilla biomes.
- Ender Tots spawn rate can be configured via the config file.
- Will attempt to smelt any drops if a smelting recipe for the dropped item is found.
- When upgraded onto Force Armor, Force Punching will do an additional half heart of fire damage and set an entity on fire for one second, for each piece of Force Armor socketed with Heat. Also, with at least 3 pieces of Heat upgraded Force Armor players will be immune to fire damage.
- Ice Arrows will also attempt to freeze blocks in the world if they can. Try them out!
- Grinding and heat can and will be applied together if applicable. Be aware that both these upgrades use additional durability of the tool, which would cause a Force Pick to break alarmingly fast if used to mine every block of stone the player finds.
- Grinding can be configured, per player, to prevent cobblestone from being ground into sand. This setting is set per client in the config and is sent to the server, so each player may choose their own setting.
- Manually grinding diamond ore into Diamond Dust is the only source of Diamond Dust, which is required for the Sturdy upgrade.
- Lumberjack is an axe-unique upgrade that will break every block made out of wood in a vertical pillar instantly, using twice the durability as normal per block broken.
- Each level of damage on a Force Sword will do one extra heart of damage to entities when struck, if the player has sufficient magic.
- On a Force Bow, damage will give one level of punch apiece.
- Damage socketed into the Power Saw will deal one extra heart of damage per level.
- For each piece of Force Armor upgraded with Damage, the player's Force Punch will do a half heart more damage.
- Healing on a Force Rod will heal a small amount of health instantly as well as add a few seconds of regeneration to the user. The rod will refuse to function if the user already has close to the rod's max duration of regeneration.
- Healing on a Force Sword or bow will heal any entity it hits for about a heart per level instead of doing damage. If the entity is undead, however, then they will end up taking additional damage.
- The Force upgrade can be used to imbue Knockback on a Force Sword on a 1:1 ratio. The max level is 2.
- The Force upgrade is also used to turn Mining Drills into Power Drills and Chainsaws into Power Saws.
- When applied to a Force Rod, the Sight upgrade will give a full minute of Night Vision to the player, stacking up to three minutes.
- When applied to a Force Rod, the Camo upgrade will give a short burst of invisibility.
- Force Armor upgraded with the Camo upgrade will appear to be invisible.
- The Repair upgrade is available using Thaumcraft Crystal Clusters if Thaumcraft is installed. Repair is a Tier 7 upgrade and does not stack.
- Repair will imbue the Repair enchantment from Thaumcraft on Force Tools, allowing for DartCraft tools to recharge using Thaumcraft's aura.
- The Soul upgrade will give the Soul Stealer enchant from Soul Shards on a Force Sword, if Soul Shards is installed. This may be stacked up to 5 times.
- Bane is available on the Force Sword and Force Bow.
- Bane will permanently remove certain monsters inherent abilities, leaving them quite harmless or even quite cute.
- Creepers hit with the bane effect will forever lose their ability to explode. They will however, still follow you around. Creepy.
- Enderman and Ender Tots hit with the bane effect permanently lose their ability to teleport. Not so tough without your space-bending theatrics, are you?
- Available on the Force Sword and Force Bow, bleed will cause the victim to take damage after they are hit for one second per level.
- Bleed does one half heart of damage twice per second to any entity hit.
- Luck becomes Fortune on the Force Pickaxe, Shovel and Axe, which is a vanilla enchant.
- Luck becomes Looting on the Force Sword, which is a vanilla enchant.
- A Force Sword with Wing is transformed into a “Wing Sword”, and while held it will allow the user to slow their fall for a short time while holding their configured jump key.
- While using a Wing implement the user's magic will drain at a constant rate. When their magic is depleted you will fall and be unable to slow your fall until it replenishes.
- If the user Holds space and right-clicks with a Wing Sword, they will fling themselves forward a short distance, expending a small amount of magic. This action damages the tool.
- The player may initiate flight with the Wing Sword by holding Shift and Space at the same time and then right-clicking.
- The entire Wing experience is completely client-side as to avoid death by lag.
- If even one piece of upgraded Force Armor is worn, the user may fly at any time using their remaining Wing Power by holding Shift + Space and then Right-Clicking to initiate flight. In addition, if the player has initiated Wing flight while wearing at least one piece of Wing upgraded Force Armor the player may switch held items without falling.
- Flying with Wing Armor damages the armor at a constant rate.
- Wing on Force Armor allows players to jump higher the longer they hold the jump key and also gives players a double-jump.
- Wing Armor will completely negate all fall damage, even with only one piece equipped.
- The “Sturdy” upgrade on Force Tools will imbue the vanilla enchant Unbreaking on a 1-to-1 ratio.
- Unbreaking also affects tools that use extra durability to smelt/grind etc.
- If sturdy is socketed into Force Armor, damage from all sources is reduced by a certain amount.
- The maximum level of Sturdy on Force Armor will result in a 40% damage reduction from all sources, rounded up to the nearest half-heart. This can be increased to 75% in the config.
- Sturdy can be used to upgrade a Force Pack or Force Belt to become indestructible and prevent despawning.
- This is the name of the upgrade given by a Force Flask. You may find yourself needing a lot of these.
- Upgrade a Force Pack with this upgrade (one at a time) to increase its size by 8 additional slots. May be done consecutively, but the Force Tome must be appropriate Tier.
- The Speed upgrade on Force Tools will increase the effectiveness of a tool only on blocks that tool is normally effective against.
- Speed on the Force Bow will make arrows fly faster and farther.
- Each piece of Force Armor upgraded with Speed will increase the base movement speed of the player as well as increasing the control of movement they have in the air.
- More than one level on each piece of Force Armor or the Force Bow does nothing.
- Speed socketed into a Power Tool will increase the EU consumption exponentially per level. Socketing a Speed Core greater than level 2 into a Power Tool is not recommended.
- The player will be able to automatically walk up 1-block inclines with at least one piece of Speed-upgraded gear. Players with Speed gear will also be able to skate across water using power from their magic as if they were under the effects of a speed potion.
- Only valid on the Force Axe, Grafting will allow the Force Axe to act as a Forestry grafter at the cost of significant durability.
- This upgrade will allow entities slain with their implements to drop Treasure Cards which may be crafted into Spoils Bags of various tiers.
- Looting affects the drop rate of Treasure Cards.
- This upgrade is only present and active if it is specifically enabled in the config file because of its immense power.
- Force Tools imbued with the Impervious upgrade cannot take damage and will never break.
- Bats now drop Claws when you kill them. Claws are used to imbue “Damage” in the Force Infuser. (Sharpness, Power)
- Sheep now drop Raw Lambchops when killed. These can be eaten or cooked into Cooked Lambchops, which restore 3.5 hunger and have high saturation.
- Pistons can now be crafted using Force Ingots in place of Iron.
- The Speed potion effect now allows players to walk up 1 block inclines and quickly dart across water.
- Disney-style flight particles spawn under flying players while not in creative mode.
- To receive an Experience Tome with a specified amount of experience in it type "/freexp4uandme [num]" where "[num]" is the desired amount of experience.
- To receive a free, mastered Upgrade Tome type "/dartcraftishard".
- To receive a free Spoils Bag with random dungeon loot inside type "/lootthebagandgetsomeswag [tier]" where "[tier]" is the tier of dungeon loot contained within from 1-3. Generally speaking a higher tier contains better loot.
- For a nasty surprise, type the "/dontdismayjustlookaway" cheat command. This command needs a player and a number after it, and it will spawn the specified amount of Ender Tots around the given player.
- Typing the command "/ineedatrunkfullofdartcraftjunk", spawns a DartCraft care package in the form of a serialized chest the user may place down. This command is meant to be a simple means of demonstrating how DartCraft works and allowing easy testing of various aspects of DartCraft. Chest contents are:
- Tier 7 Upgrade Tome.
- Force Infuser
- Force Engine
- bluedart's "Utility Belt"
- Clipboard set up to make Force Rods.
- Force Gems
- Force Pack named "Liquid Pack" that contains an Item Card in it set to place Force Buckets and Water Buckets into inventories and take out Empty Buckets. Hold right-click on a Force Engine with this pack and it will soon be full of both liquid force and water. This is specifically for demonstration purposes, so give it a try in a test world.
- Force Packs containing materials to make force tools and a pack with already crafted Force Tools.
- Force Pack containing an upgrade material for every type of Force Upgrade. Experiment and learn!
- Force Packs containing premade Force Armor and Upgrade Cores of every type and level.
- Pair of Force Mitts
- Force Wrench.
- Deactivated Magnet Glove.
- Unnamed Force Pack with one of each type of Item Card inside it.
- DartCraft crafting recipes are named "DartCrafting" to indicate they are from DartCraft.
- Force Transmutations are visible in NEI and show that they are "Force Transmutations."
- NEI plugins for Force Grinding and Force Freezing recipes have been added.
- An NEI plugin to show Force Engine Liquid tooltips to applicable ItemStacks has been added.
- BuildCraft Fuel and Oil may be burned in the Force Engine.
- (Pre 1.5.1 Only) The Force Infuser has custom BuildCraft Triggers: Has Tome and Can Upgrade.
- Facades can be made from Force Bricks and Force Logs/Planks.
- Force Gears can be used as a substitute for Gold Gears to make Diamond Gears, Fillers and Quarries.
- Emerald Transport Pipes can be made from Forge “gemGreenSapphire”s, as Emeralds are quite rare.
- Force Transport Pipes can be crafted from Force Ingots and glass. These pipes have the functionality of Obsidian pipes and Golden Pipes, but are 3 times faster than Golden Transport Pipes. Force Pipes are also capable of interacting with Item Cards in useful ways.
- If Forestry is installed Milk becomes a valid Force Engine Throttle, providing 25% more output than water.
- A very rare, obscure bee-related liquid is the most powerful throttle for Force Engines, doubling their output compared to water.
- Force Gems are cratable.
- Enabled oddly-broken crating recipes for Crated Nikolite and Crated Brass, thanks to the ore dictionary.
- Forestry Backpacks, by default, are not allowed inside Force Packs.
- Force Gems can be squeezed into 1.5 buckets of Liquid Force in the Squeezer.
- Force Ingots can also be made using the Carpenter, requiring Liquid Force. This process is more efficient than crafting Force Ingots by hand.
- Proven Frames may be crafted by surrounding an Impregnated Frame with Force Sticks.
- Liquid Force can be stored in Forestry Cans and Capsules.
- Milk can be stored in Forestry Cans and Capsules; DartCraft also adds the ability to right-click a Cow or Cold Cow with an empty Forestry Can or Capsule and fill it with Milk.
- Force Trees may be grown in Forestry Multifarms.
- Force Logs can be squeezed for Liquid Force. 1 Log = 1/10 bucket.
- Force Saplings can be Fermented into Biomass.
- Grafters may be used to upgrade Force Axes in the Force Infuser to function as a grafter.
- Diamond Drills are upgradable to Power Drills as well, but they will return the diamonds used by flinging them out into the world.
- Chainsaws are upgradable to Power Saws, which are socketable.
- Added Force Machines that run on IC2 EU and are essentially DartCraft's unique take on advanced IC2 machines.
- Added the Force Hammer, a Forge Hammer that is also a Force Consumer.
- Added electronic circuit recipe using Force Plates.
- Added macerator recipe for forge “oreTungsten” into two diamonds.
- Added Force Transmutations for bronze tools and armor.
- Energy Crystals can be crafted from forge “gemRuby” to conserve diamonds.
- Added Eggs, forestry Cans/Capsules, force Gems, Power Ore and Force Shards to the IC2 scrapbox.
- Added recipe for Mixed Metal Ingots using Force Plates in place of Bronze which yields 4 instead of 2.
- Force Gems can be created from UU-Matter.
- Filled in macerator recipes for missing colors of wool into string.
- Liquid Force may be stored in Empty Cells.
- Iron Chests may be Force Wrenched and their TileBoxes may be directly crafted into an upgraded chest. This will preserve the contents and they will be restored when they are placed back down.
- TileBoxed Crystal and Obsidian Chests may be shapelessly downgraded back into Diamond Chest TileBoxes.
- The Repair upgrade is avaliable for Force Tools using Elemental Crystal Clusters if you have mastered your Upgrade Tome.
- The Magic Meter will move slightly aside if the player is holding a Thaumcraft wand.
- Most DartCraft items have relatively appropriate ThaumCraft aspects added to them. Most notably Force Nuggets are a cheap, pure source of Magic.
- Claws and Tears are great sources of rarer aspects as well.
- Mob Chunk support for many Thaumcraft entities has been added. Have fun with your Angry Zombie spawners!
- Thaumium tools and armor may be Force Transmuted back into the amount of thaumium ingots required to craft them. This is entirely due to the prolifery of Thaumium Hoes and Axes in dungeon chests.
- The Force Mitts inherently have a greater chance of dropping Silverwood Saplings. This chance is quite significant and can be disabled in the config.
- The Lich, Hydra and Naga cannot be bottled with a Force Flask, even when low on health.
- Wing implements may be disabled in the Twilight Forest, to preserve some modicum of challenge.
- The Magic Meter will move itself down slightly if the player is holding a Spell Book from Ars Magica so that both may be seen at the same time.
- Added a Force Grinding recipe and Macerator recipe for Vinteum Ore into 2 Vinteum Dust.
Soul Shards (1 Only)
- Monsters spawned from Soul Shard spawners cannot drop Spoils Bags.
- Xychoridite of any color may also be used to create Force Ingots.
Part 4 - Force Furnaces and Torches
DartCraft 1.6 Beta Test Play by bluedart:
If you make a video playing DartCraft send me a personal message with a link to the video. I'll watch them and add any appropriate content to the list.
Instructions and Download
DartCraft Beta 0.2.12 for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4 and IC2 Experimental*
DartCraft Beta 0.2.11 for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4 and IC2 Experimental* (Note: delete DartCraft's config file when upgrading to this version.)
DartCraft Beta 0.2.10 for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4 and IC2 Experimental*
DartCraft Beta 0.2.09 for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4 and IC2 Experimental*
DartCraft Beta 0.2.08 for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4 and IC2 Experimental*
DartCraft Beta 0.2.07 for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4 and IC2 Experimental*
DartCraft Beta 0.2.06 for Minecraft 1.6.2 and IC2 Experimental*
DartCraft Beta 0.2.05 for Minecraft 1.6.2 and IC2 Experimental 2_2.0.130
DartCraft Beta 0.2.04 for Minecraft 1.6.2 and IC2 Experimental 2_2.0.124
DartCraft Beta 0.2.03 for Minecraft 1.6.2 and IC2 Experimental 2_2.0.75
Requires Minecraft Forge. Built on version 884. Versions 0.2.06 and below built on version 819. Uses IC2 Experimental. Versions 0.2.04 and above should run with a different version of IC2 installed, but some features may be disabled. If you still manage to drum-up an IC2 related crash make sure to adhere to the rules listed in the "Technical Support" section or you will receive no response.
* Will run with previous versions of IC2, but features like Force Generators, Force Machines and Force Panels are disabled.
DartCraft Beta 0.1.19 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.18 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.17 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.16 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.15 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.14 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.13 for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
DartCraft Beta 0.1.12 for Minecraft 1.5.1
DartCraft Beta 0.1.11* for Minecraft 1.5.1
Requires Minecraft Forge. Built on version 737. Versions 0.1.17 and under built on version 712; versions 0.1.13 and under built on Forge 676.
* There is a bug in Beta 0.1.11 that requires IndustrialCraft2 to be installed or Minecraft will crash.
DartCraft Beta 0.1.10* for Minecraft 1.4.7
DartCraft Beta 0.1.09 for Minecraft 1.4.7
DartCraft Beta 0.1.08 for Minecraft 1.4.7
DartCraft Beta 0.1.07 for Minecraft 1.4.7
DartCraft Beta 0.1.06 for Minecraft 1.4.7
DartCraft Beta 0.1.05 for Minecraft 1.4.7
* There is a bug in Beta 0.1.10 that requires IndustrialCraft2 to be installed or Minecraft will crash.
Requires Minecraft Forge. Built on version 497.
DartCraft goes into the /mods folder with no other special steps. DartCraft is not guaranteed to to work properly without both CodeChickenCore and NEI.
Consider installing BuildCraft, Forestry, IndustrialCraft, Thermal Expansion and ThaumCraft as DartCraft enhances the experiences of these mods. Of course Forge and NEI are the only other mods that are required.
- Bugfix: Fixed a possible nullpointer with Thaumcraft installed when a golem tried to fire a PlayerDestroyItemEvent without actually passing in a player.
- Bugfix: Item Card crafting should now allow ItemStacks that are instances of Items with getContainerItemStack() methods to leave their intended container ItemStacks instead of simply removing them. Item Cards should also be able to recognize and craft with damaged versions of these items as well. Additional support was manually added for the IC2 Forge Hammer and Cutter as neither of these items possessed these methods.
- Bugfix: Storage Units with Force upgraded Item Cards should now be able to Force Transmute configured damaged tools such as Bows into string, and other simliar recipes that did not work before.
- DartCraft Force Slabs that are made from Force Planks are now registered as "slabWood" on the Ore Dictionary. Force Stairs that are made from Force Planks are now also registered as "stairWood", just in case this is somehow useful.
- Added a completely instantly recognizable hint to the "Forge" upgrade in the infuser that basically tells players to put it on an Item Card for players that could not decipher the Item Card entry in the Book of Mudora.
- Storage Units should now check for Item Card interaction when items are inserted or removed via automation. They may now also only check up to twice a second no matter the situation. (They are still event-driven, just more efficient and effective.)
- Thaumcraft Research Notes can be Force Transmuted using a shapeless recipe to re-randomize their grid, which is useful should you come across an unsolvable research.
- Added Thaumcraft Aspects to many DartCraft items and entities that did not previously have aspects.
- Added the Force Machine blockID to the Portable Hole Blacklist as they contain Forceaflouge Blocks.
- Emergency Patch: Force Grinders will now use up input materials for DartCraft Grinding recipes instead of running endlessly on them.
- Updated to IC2 Experimental API v117. Also refactored IC2 integration to use a serious amount of reflection to possibly avoid future crashing when IC2's API updates.
- Changed Advanced Alloy recipe using Force Plates to use Iron Plates instead of the now unobtainable Refined Iron Plates.
- Power Drills and Saws now have 30,000 EU storage. (up from 15,000)
- Bugfix: Fixed an unnecessary but harmless packet handling exception when players login.
- Porkchops can now be Force Grinded into Bacon when killing Pigs with a Grinding-imbued weapon.
Beta 0.2.03 Changelog
Q: Why can't I use a feature listed in your forum post? Has the world gone mad? Am I going crazy?
A: First, that's three questions: calm down - I'll try to answer them in order. You're using a version prior to the latest release, update or pester your server admin to update. I doubt the world has gone mad, but a good way to be sure is to look out your window and count the number of Starbucks on your street corner; if it's gone up in the last 30 minutes there's a good chance the world has gone mad. That or the hipsters are moving in, in which case the world has DEFINITELY gone mad. I can't answer that last question for you, but if that last sentence made sense to you then the safe bet is yes.
Q: Why isn't your ThaumCraft support updated yet?
A: Because you haven't updated to a version where it has been added. Download the newest version of DartCraft, it has supported ThaumCraft 4 for a while now.
Q: Good sir, I seem to be unable to craft Force Sticks; what might I do to rectify this situation? (Heavily paraphrased)
A: Please update to one of the many versions where I overcame Tinker's Construct's unexpected and unannounced recipe shanghai. To be safe do not use a version for 1.5.2 previous to Beta 0.1.20.
Upgrading the Tome
- Each unique upgrade (that the Upgrade Tome has seen in its lifetime) will earn you a bonus of 25 points. This is why the first upgrade you did gave so many points and the others did not.
- By default each upgrade material must be used before a tome will upgrade to the next tier, however this mechanic can be disabled in the config.
- To start make yourself as many different Force Tools as you can (of differing types, mind you) and throw as many unique upgrades on them as the Infuser will allow.
- Duplicate upgrades on any one Tool in the Force Infuser will not stack their upgrade points upon successful upgrade. Example: Luck 4 and Heat 1 will give 5 points for heat and 15 points for Luck (15 being the base amount of points for the Luck upgrade.)
- That blue text is the Tier of Upgrade Tome required to use the upgrade, not some description of its value.
- Upgrade materials give points based on their tier. 1 point for Tier 0, 5 points for Tier 1, 15 points for Tier 2, 25 points for Tiers 3 and 4, and 50 Points for Tier 5 and 6.
List of Upgrade Materials
- Force Nuggets
- Force Logs
- Lapis Lazuli
- Force Flask
- Bottle 'o Enchanting (See Force Transmutations)
- Glass Powder
- Spider Eye
- Crafting Table
- Golden Power Source OR Heat Resistance Potions (config)
- Snow Cookie
Charge (5) (Not Required)
- IC2 Battery
- Ghast Tear
- Roc's Feather
- Potion of Invisibility (all iterations)
- Night Vision Potion (all iterations)
Charge2 (5) (Not required)
- IC2 Advanced Battery OR Energy Crystal (Depending on version)
- Ender Pearl
- Diamond Dust
- Glowstone Dust
- Grafter (Forestry)
- Soul Wafer
- Treasure Core
Impervious (1) (Disabled by default)
- Impervious Core
- Thaumcraft Crystal Cluster OR Elemental Shard (config)
List of Valid Upgrades
Force Rods may only have one type of upgrade on them per rod.
Keep in mind upgrade cores may only have one type of upgrade on them, but you may stack that upgrade to its maximum level.
- Power Ore’s spawning values can be changed, the nether variant can be disabled and Power Ore can be made to regenerate into chunks that were previously loaded without DartCraft installed.
- Look through the config file once it generates and tweak things to your liking.
- Bottled Entites and Mob Cores will sometimes render in unpredictable ways, especially while on the player's hotbar.
- Bottled Entities sometimes appear to visually fall through blocks. Pick them up and try again.
- DartCraft items with NBTTagCompounds do not always stack correctly. As in vanilla tagged items are not meant to stack you will have to live with this. This includes Mob Chunks and Cores, as they would not work properly without tag data.
- The version of DartCraft in question must be the most recent version posted here.
- All error reports must be in the form of full error logs, in either a spoiler tag or pastebin.
- The exact action that caused the error must be explicitly explained as thoroughly as possible.
- The error must not be a "known bug."
- If the bug is a mechanic check through this post to make certain it is not a feature before you post your grievance.
Note: For any release of DartCraft with new features it is important to note that DartCraft is tested with those mods which I intend to integrate with. Any mod that I do not specifically test DartCraft with has the potential to cause DartCraft to function in unintended, irrational ways that I cannot predict. I do however wish DartCraft to work correctly with every mod anyone should choose to use in their packs. When something weird does happen, please attempt to find which mod is causing this unintended feature before posting your grievance here as it both saves me time, and makes it much more likely that this unintended reaction will become normalized. As a general rule I test with IC2 (Experimental), Forestry, NEI, Thaumcraft and very little else.
Please note that when I do make a mechanic shift in DartCraft a default config setting it is because I am moving DartCraft closer to my vision of what a Minecraft mod should be, and not because of peer pressure. Of course, it would be foolish not to add config options that incite more people to use my mod, so many "optional" config options are added periodically.
A request: For features that you find obnoxious or config options that you find oddly missing, please legitimately request these options to be added instead of simply passive-aggressively complaining about them. If you request them, and I find a way to implement them without breaking something else, I'm very likely to include them in a future release. Also note that statements to the effect of "NERF THIS ZOMG!" are extremely unhelpful and will not affect development unless very explicit implementation is also presented.
As a general rule I do not support versions of DartCraft prior to the most recent version, so please keep this in mind.
It should come as no surprise to hear that I have drawn much inspiration from other mods that I have grown to love over the past year, yet the reason I started this mod was because even though I love these other mods they have always either lacked fundamental features that I wanted in Minecraft, or they had implemented certain features in ways that I felt was detrimental to the way I wanted to play Minecraft. What we have here is my own unique take on how a Minecraft mod should behave; how the user should be able to interact with Minecraft. Simple. Intuitive. Unfettered. DartCraft.
The mod became named 'DartCraft' at some point during the long, secretive development time as a direct result of my first 6 choices in names having been already taken by other Minecraft mods, popular or otherwise. Not wanting to waste more time on the subject I simply imbued my project with the moniker 'DartCraft' and moved on to actual coding.
DartCraft has an API for modders to use that will allow them to add many things to DartCraft, ranging from EngineLiquids to Force Transmutations. If you wish to add a DartCraft plugin to your mod please PM me for permission, listing the mod you intend to use the API in and what features you wish to add. If I approve you will be added to the list of approved developers and given a link to the API.
At the moment there are no individuals who have been given permission to use DartCraft's API.
If you wish to donate to the mod maker you may use the paypal button below to do just that. Funds go toward the efficient and continued release of DartCraft and DartCraft related content. (One guy actually used this once.)