Latest News Article

[1.6.2]GeoActivity - expanding the Minecraft Earth [Beta][WIP]

geoactivity mod coal types expanding earth

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

decebaldecebal
  • Minecraft: decebaldecebal

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

GeoActivity - expanding the Minecraft Earth*Now compatible with MC 1.6.2Version: 0.7.1Forge Version: 9.10.0.789 and up
Posted Image
This mod requires Forge to be installed on your Minecraft client!

Check out this mod on the Official Wiki.
This is just a sneak peak, the mod adds a lot more stuff than what it is showed here.

GeoActivity started out as an own idea after I started to learn how to code Minecraft Mods. Because I am quite new to Java coding, this mod is still a work in progress, but I decided to share it with you so you can start using it and exploring the feature it offers.
Features
- 4 new coal types- new armor/tools sets that can be customized- new blocks- new machines- many more awesome things coming

General Information
This mod add 4 new different coal ores to the game:Spoiler:
Every ore spawns a new coal type that is more powerful than the current type of coal:Spoiler:
The most important part of this mod is the Crafting Machine which is used to craft all of the items currently available.There are multiple tiers of this Crafting Machine.There is also a Coal Refiner machine that can be used to refine coal into graphite, used in many recipes.

Downloads:(v0.7.1)
(AdFly)

To install, just place the .zip file in the "mods" folder in your .minecraft folder. If it doesn't exist then create it.
Check out this mod review made by Ndydl: (v0.6)

For more detailed information check out the Official Wiki Page!
New things will be added soon!Stay tuned for more!If you have any suggestions or bugs to report, please leave a comment.

Copyright:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Register or log in to remove.

Exacat
    Exacat

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1354 posts
  • Minecraft: Exacat

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Magma? Magma is lava but underground.
Maybe instead of Magma, add Peat.

Posted Image

decebaldecebal

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Peat is actually a precursor of coal in real life.I tried to add coal types from real life, but I also came with the idea of the Magma Coal, and imaginary type of coal and I quite like that name.

PwnageBacon

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hey i would love to do a mod spotlight on this mod just wondering if i did would you post it on the forum

decebaldecebal

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostPwnageBacon, on 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Hey i would love to do a mod spotlight on this mod just wondering if i did would you post it on the forum

I just made a new version of the mod that adds functionality to the Crafting Machine so you can make a spotlight on the newer version.Just send me a PM with the video link and I'll add it to the post.Thanks for wanting to do a spotlight!

PwnageBacon

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Ok i havent done it yet but I'll do it probably tonight or tommorow

ndydl
    ndydl

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Minecraft: Ndydl

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Hey there mate, congrats on your mod, I really loved it and made a mod review! :3

Hope you'll like it and include in first post, thanks!

decebaldecebal

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postndydl, on 17 February 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hey there mate, congrats on your mod, I really loved it and made a mod review! :3

Hope you'll like it and include in first post, thanks!

Thanks for making a mod review.I added it to the post.It's nice to see that other people actually like my mod :D

decebaldecebal

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

More awesome things coming soon!If you have any features or bugs to report, please leave a reply.

killah2km
  • Minecraft: Milkeydee

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

would love to try this out, but its conflicting with IC2 Beta, block ID 4079 and their is no way to edit block ids in your mod, adding a config would be super.

FinnTheTruck
  • Minecraft: WTFire7

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Nice Mod* Dece!

decebaldecebal

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Postkillah2km, on 23 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

would love to try this out, but its conflicting with IC2 Beta, block ID 4079 and their is no way to edit block ids in your mod, adding a config would be super.

Well I tested this on the FTB MindCrack pack and it worked very well, but I don't know what version of IC2 is in the pack and what version you use.
I tried to add a config file, but for some reason it didn't work.I am still a new mod author and I need to learn some new things.Maybe you could try and change the block ID from IC2 to something else.

I plan to make this mod compatible with IC2, Buildcraft, RedPower and others because I made this to complement some of the other mod features, like always running out of coal when using the MindCrack modpack.

An update will come soon that will add some more features and maybe even a config file.

killah2km

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postdecebaldecebal, on 24 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Well I tested this on the FTB MindCrack pack and it worked very well, but I don't know what version of IC2 is in the pack and what version you use.
I tried to add a config file, but for some reason it didn't work.I am still a new mod author and I need to learn some new things.Maybe you could try and change the block ID from IC2 to something else.

I plan to make this mod compatible with IC2, Buildcraft, RedPower and others because I made this to complement some of the other mod features, like always running out of coal when using the MindCrack modpack.

An update will come soon that will add some more features and maybe even a config file.

True... I could change the itemid of IC2 beta, as it is a minor inconvenience for me, but... for the sake of keeping my mods well organized I tend to dedicate a row of ids to each unique mod rather than have them all jumbled up. Browsing through nei without proper organization of item/block ids gets confusing quickly. Had I not known the item id your mod used, I could of easily mistaken it for a new IC2 item when browsing nei, and thus reporting stupid errors to the IC2 beta team like;

"Bug report from l33tnoob Posted Image  ... x coal refused to work in my *&%^ generator, why add an item that does not work dammit!". Some devs will just laugh and ignore a report like this , causing the noob to become more enraged and say hurtful things to the IC2 dev team, when he retaliates, they ban his account and report the email he used to the Worldwide Spammer Database.

Now when he sends an email it will automatically go to junk mail of anyone he tries to email. Causing the noob loss of friends, missed appointments, and balding hair Posted Image .

All this can be avoided sir decebaldecebal. The power is now in your hands. lead the unsuspecting noob Posted Image to balding,  and life of misery or show some love and add a config.

Edited by Ivy, 27 February 2013 - 09:06 PM.
Removed huge meme images

decebaldecebal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postkillah2km, on 26 February 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

True... I could change the itemid of IC2 beta, as it is a minor inconvenience for me, but... for the sake of keeping my mods well organized I tend to dedicate a row of ids to each unique mod rather than have them all jumbled up. Browsing through nei without proper organization of item/block ids gets confusing quickly. Had I not known the item id your mod used, I could of easily mistaken it for a new IC2 item when browsing nei, and thus reporting stupid errors to the IC2 beta team like;

"Bug report from l33tnoob Posted Image  ... x coal refused to work in my *&%^ generator, why add an item that does not work dammit!". Some devs will just laugh and ignore a report like this , causing the noob to become more enraged and say hurtful things to the IC2 dev team, when he retaliates, they ban his account and report the email he used to the Worldwide Spammer Database.

Now when he sends an email it will automatically go to junk mail of anyone he tries to email. Causing the noob loss of friends, missed appointments, and balding hair Posted Image .

All this can be avoided sir decebaldecebal. The power is now in your hands. lead the unsuspecting noob Posted Image to balding,  and life of misery or show some love and add a config.

I can confirm that the next version will have a working config for all the block IDs.Also some new stuff will be added.I will be updating the forum post as soon as possible.

killah2km

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for adding the config decebaldecebal Posted Image Posted Image  much appreciated.

ndydl
    ndydl

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Minecraft: Ndydl

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

In my opinion, the high end fuels need a little bit nerf actually, like, it requires you to stay at furnace swapping stacks, of course for technic mod packs thats not an issue with pipes and everything, maybe you can add a furnace with queue or something

decebaldecebal

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postndydl, on 28 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

In my opinion, the high end fuels need a little bit nerf actually, like, it requires you to stay at furnace swapping stacks, of course for technic mod packs thats not an issue with pipes and everything, maybe you can add a furnace with queue or something

My original intention was for this mod to be used together with other mods like IndustrialCraft, Buildcraft and so on.When I was playing the FTB Mindcrack pack, I always ran out of coal and I used it as a source of power a lot for my engines and generators so I added these coals that offer more power over the regular ones.I plan on adding more uses for them in the future and also more compatibility between other mods like Railcraft.I haven't had time to do all of those yet...

pedaljinks

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Maybe have the ores give light off underground? The deeper the ore is the more light it has?

pedaljinks

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Also how about a auto smelting pick?

decebaldecebal

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

View Postpedaljinks, on 02 March 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Also how about a auto smelting pick?

View Postpedaljinks, on 02 March 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

Maybe have the ores give light off underground? The deeper the ore is the more light it has?

I will see about the smelting pick, didn't plan to do anything like that but maybe I will add something in the future.
And I think that there is really no point in having blocks generate light, it will stress the client and the server and coal does not emit light IRL.I still try to keep as many things as possible like IRL but I need to imagine some stuff of my own.