Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I have 64bit java, but Minecraft says i have 32

java 64bit 32bit minecraft render distance

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1

KiwiJeans

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I have a 64bit operating system running windows 8 and i have 32bit and 64bit java installed ( i need 32bit because my browser is chrome). When i open minecraft and turn far render distance on it says that i have 32bit java and need to install the 64bit. I have uninstalled java and reinstalled both 32 and 64 a few times, but nothing seems to work.
How can i get minecraft to recognize that i have java 64 bit already installed?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

qtpriest
    qtpriest

    Support Guru

  • Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

open a new text document and create a batchfile for it to start 64 bit java. make sure this document is in the same place as your minecraft EXE.. not the jar your EXE your launcher.
 java -d64 -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar minecraft.exe
onec thats in a txt document rename that to <whatveryouwant.bat> its the .bat that matters click it and it will start minecraft in 64 bit java. with this same code 1G in default minecraft ram. you can change the 1G to 2/3/4 or more if you like then the game will run with more ram as well
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image

#3

Tedster
    Tedster

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4591 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostKiwiJeans, on 10 February 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

I have a 64bit operating system running windows 8 and i have 32bit and 64bit java installed ( i need 32bit because my browser is chrome). When i open minecraft and turn far render distance on it says that i have 32bit java and need to install the 64bit. I have uninstalled java and reinstalled both 32 and 64 a few times, but nothing seems to work.
How can i get minecraft to recognize that i have java 64 bit already installed?
Seems that you have 32-bit Java too.
Installed it for Firefox or Chrome? They seem to need 32-bit Java.
Use qtpriest's method.
I used to be a Support Guru, but then ran out of time. I have more time now, but I'll only make the occasional helpful post.

#4

KiwiJeans

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

View Postqtpriest, on 10 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

open a new text document and create a batchfile for it to start 64 bit java. make sure this document is in the same place as your minecraft EXE.. not the jar your EXE your launcher.
 java -d64 -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar minecraft.exe
onec thats in a txt document rename that to <whatveryouwant.bat> its the .bat that matters click it and it will start minecraft in 64 bit java. with this same code 1G in default minecraft ram. you can change the 1G to 2/3/4 or more if you like then the game will run with more ram as well

when i try to open the .bat file it opens up for a second then closes, but nothing else happens . I have it on my desktop with the .exe launcher

#5

qtpriest
    qtpriest

    Support Guru

  • Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostKiwiJeans, on 10 February 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

when i try to open the .bat file it opens up for a second then closes, but nothing else happens . I have it on my desktop with the .exe launcher
you can  change it to open with more ram.

java -d64 -Xmx2G -Xms2G -jar minecraft.exe -o true
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image

#6

doubleboss00

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

This is happening to me. I have tried all in this fourm and nothing works. Please help.

#7

qtpriest
    qtpriest

    Support Guru

  • Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postdoubleboss00, on 23 August 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

This is happening to me. I have tried all in this fourm and nothing works. Please help.
SUPER old thread but anyways . this method no longer works with the new launcher. if you want minecraft to run with more ram with the new launcher for 1.6 you open the launcher as usual and what u need to do is find the edit profile button at the bottom left corner and open that you should see a window open find the line for JVM arguments usually its greyed out and you need to check the box do that and input
-Xmx3G -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true
you can replace 3g for your desired amount of ram, if you everr want to use Forge Mod Loader this will work for that as well
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image

#8

Rubisk
    Rubisk

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 616 posts
  • Location: Over here!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Enter your launcher - Edit profile, then go to "Executable", check it and remove " (x86)". That should fix it ;)
Posted Image
Thanks to NoXthin for making this banner!