• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Nuclear Meltdown: Dawn of a New Age (Accepting)

apocalypse survival rp mutation

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Iymlurra
    Iymlurra

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

The year is 2061.  The world has been utterly wasted by nuclear weapons implemented by former world super powers thirteen years ago.  The few humans who actually survived had been taken by scientists as embryos four years prior to the cataclysm.  The scientists took the embryos to a nuclear-proof/bomb-proof underground lab where they experimented with and genetically altered them to produce mutated humans capable of surviving a nuclear catastrophe.  They grew the embryos slowly, only two to four a year, into human children.  They taught the children basic survival skills in preparation for the time when they reached a stage where they were physically mature enough to go out into the world that would likely be blown to smithereens. (The scientists didnt know that the world had already been turned into smithereens because they never bothered to check)
Now, in 2061, the genetically altered children have all reached the teenage years.  The scientists decided it was time to take them into the real world.  Unfortunately, the second they opened the vault that led to the surface, the scientists instantly vaporized because of the massive radiation that rushed in.  The teens, however, were immune to the radiation thanks to the mutations the scientists placed upon them as embryos.
The flora and fauna that actually survived the nuclear catastrophe have all been drastically mutated.  The animals have become increasingly savage, attacking anything and everything in site that looks edible.  Plant tendrils aggressively wrap themselves around any being foolish enough to come near them, the sharp blade-like thorns injecting paralytic poison into those unfortunate enough to be caught.  Everything is desperate to survive in this harsh environment.

How will you fare?

Summary for those who are too lazy to read the above:
Basically, the world has suffered a nuclear catastrophe.  You play one of a handful of teens who have been genetically altered to withstand the radiation and nuclear damage.  The flora and fauna that survived the catastrophe are highly aggressive, attacking and consuming anything they can get their tendrils or paws on.  You've just come out of a nuclear-proof science lab, and the scientists who raised have vaporized due to intense radiation poisoning.  You know absolutely nothing about the state of things in the world, and your primary objective is to survive.

Before we jump to any random conclusions and/or applications..... LETS GO OVER THE RULES!!!! Posted Image

Rules:
1. My word is law, and so are the mod's.
2. There will be absolutely no metagaming, godmodding, etc. allowed.
3. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13.
4. I prefer clean and intelligent language, but minor swearing is allowed so long as its not used excessively.
5. Add " Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.' " to the "Other" part of your App so I know you read the rules.
6. You must wait to be accepted by me or one of the mods before you start Rp'ing.
7. All OOC comments must be in double parenthesis please!
8. You must be human unless you can convince me otherwise (which is pretty much impossible to do; I'm impossible to convince.  Unless you happen to be a certain twin of mine, then you might have some success.)
9. If a player is inactive for over two weeks without prior arrangement, his or her character is permanently removed from play.
10. IC posts must be at least four sentences and in paragraph form.
11. Due to issues over what's OP and whats not, your characters cannot start out with guns.

Application Form:

Mc Forums Name:
Name:
Appearance: (Anime photo or description, either is good)
Personality:
Advantages: (You can have up to two and they can be as general or as specific as you want)
Disadvantages: (Your amount of disadvantages must be greater than or equal to your amount of advantages)
Equipment: (You are allowed basic clothing, a weapon of sorts, something to hold stuff in (backpack, knapsack, etc.) and some food and water to start out with)
Other:

Mods:
Spoiler:

Current Players:
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Gunia
    Gunia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Location: A4-7D Star system of sector Y, Desimore - 6th Planet in Orbit.
  • Minecraft: Gunia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

Mc Forums Name: Gunia
Name: Kitoko
Appearance:
Posted Image
Personality: To be RP’ed
Advantages: Can see fairly well in dark areas, and has a strange ability to sense nearby beings/danger
Disadvantages: Is blind in one eye, can’t cope with extreme temperatures.
Equipment: A small case that has some food rations and medical supplies.
Other: Also has minor problems navigating in the daylight.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore...."

Posted Image

Iymlurra
    Iymlurra

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostGunia, on 09 February 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Mc Forums Name: Gunia
Name: Kitoko
Appearance:
%20http://img.xzoom.in/35processed/anime%20with%20long%20white%20hair.jpg
Personality: To be RP’ed
Advantages: Can see fairly well in dark areas, and has a strange ability to sense nearby beings/danger
Disadvantages: Is blind in one eye, can’t cope with extreme temperatures.
Equipment: A small case that has some food rations and medical supplies.
Other: Also has minor problems navigating in the daylight.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore...."

(( Gunia.... ACCEPTED Posted Image ))

robbhus
    robbhus

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Mc Forums Name: (I can't see why this is really necessary, but alright...) Robbhus
Name: Sora Dewan
Appearance: Posted Image
(without the mask. Usually covers her moth with some fabric though.)
Personality: Silent and dark. Can be somehow talkative if the situation allows it though. Focus a lot on survival, kind of what people would call a born leader.
Advantages: Better at spotting things far away, can fall longer distances than most people can without taking damage.
Disadvantages: Got claustrophobia and her blood flows fast in her wains, making her have a higher blood-loss if she gets hurt.
Equipment: A shoulder bag to keep stuff in, a sniper-rifle (The one in the picture) 2 full magazines and 20 loose bullets, a small bottle of painkillers and 0,5L of clean water.
Other: Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore...." ate my sandwich. She haven't been eating for a week now because of her lack of food.

Idioticy isn't something negative. It makes every new day a whole new adventure! If you're an idiot, feel lucky! I love the internet because then I can sit and envy those idiots enjoying their everyday adventures!

ybj1
    ybj1

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

((Reserve, I'm not neer a computer right now))
DO YOU LIKE CARS? DO YOU LIKE GUNS! check this out :D http://www.minecraft...l-to-the-metal/

Iymlurra
    Iymlurra

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postrobbhus, on 09 February 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Mc Forums Name: (I can't see why this is really necessary, but alright...) Robbhus
Name: Sora Dewan
Appearance: Posted Image
(without the mask. Usually covers her moth with some fabric though.)
Personality: Silent and dark. Can be somehow talkative if the situation allows it though. Focus a lot on survival, kind of what people would call a born leader.
Advantages: Better at spotting things far away, can fall longer distances than most people can without taking damage.
Disadvantages: Got claustrophobia and her blood flows fast in her wains, making her have a higher blood-loss if she gets hurt.
Equipment: A shoulder bag to keep stuff in, a sniper-rifle (The one in the picture) 2 full magazines and 20 loose bullets, a small bottle of painkillers and 0,5L of clean water.
Other: Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore...." ate my sandwich. She haven't been eating for a week now because of her lack of food.

((Robbhus.... Accepted.))

KaBling
    KaBling

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5776 posts
  • Minecraft: KaDynamics

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

((Does this RP require long paragraphs?))

Iymlurra
    Iymlurra

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostKaBling, on 09 February 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

((No, long paragraphs are not required, but it would be preferable if you write decent sized ones.  I dont want three to four sentences in a post.  That is too short.))

robbhus
    robbhus

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostIymlurra, on 09 February 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

((Robbhus.... Accepted.))

((Yay :D ))

View PostKaBling, on 09 February 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

((Please don't tell me you're planning on writing in your regular

Tom opens a soda.
Tom drinks the soda.
Tom: "Mmm"

Because the literal level in that belongs in kindergarten.))

Idioticy isn't something negative. It makes every new day a whole new adventure! If you're an idiot, feel lucky! I love the internet because then I can sit and envy those idiots enjoying their everyday adventures!

KaBling
    KaBling

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5776 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

((Okay... is this allowed?))

((Milloon opened the door, only to find to his horror, Filmore butchering a dead man's body.
Milloon: "Filmore!?"
Filmore turns around with an evil grin.
Filmore: "Should've told ya I love killing, I'm a psychopath after all."
Filmore goes back to butchering the dead man's body.))

View Postrobbhus, on 09 February 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

((Please don't tell me you're planning on writing in your regular

Tom opens a soda.
Tom drinks the soda.
Tom: "Mmm"

Because the literal level in that belongs in kindergarten.))
((If you're going to insult me, you'd be insulting several others.))

Gunia
    Gunia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostKaBling, on 09 February 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

((Okay... is this allowed?))

((Milloon opened the door, only to find to his horror, Filmore butchering a dead man's body.
Milloon: "Filmore!?"
Filmore turns around with an evil grin.
Filmore: "Should've told ya I love killing, I'm a psychopath after all."
Filmore goes back to butchering the dead man's body.))

((No, sorry, but we need actual paragraphs KaBling.  Not a form of chatspeak...))

Posted Image

robbhus
    robbhus

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostKaBling, on 09 February 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

((I just said the truth. If you blame participating in too many RPs again, I'm going to freak out. That's probably the worst excuse I've ever heard. If you took that as an insult, then so be it.))

KaBling
    KaBling

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5776 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

((Meh, sorry then, I can't write paragraphs due to the time it takes on my Galaxy S3.))

View Postrobbhus, on 09 February 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

((I just said the truth. If you blame participating in too many RPs again, I'm going to freak out. That's probably the worst excuse I've ever heard. If you took that as an insult, then so be it.))
((I didn't think of that - thanks for that reason.))

ybj1
    ybj1

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

((Just so I know before I make my app, would it be too OP to have M249 SAW as a weapon?))
DO YOU LIKE CARS? DO YOU LIKE GUNS! check this out :D http://www.minecraft...l-to-the-metal/

KaBling
    KaBling

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5776 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

((Seems like it, what are the odds of finding a machine gun in a wasteland?))

Gunia
    Gunia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postybj1, on 09 February 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

((Just so I know before I make my app, would it be too OP to have M249 SAW as a weapon?))
((Yes, it would be too OP, thanks for asking ;3))

Posted Image

ybj1
    ybj1

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

((Good to know :D what about an UZI or a AUG?))

robbhus
    robbhus

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostKaBling, on 09 February 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

((Seems like it, what are the odds of finding a machine gun in a wasteland?))

((It would most likely be OP, yeah. But the chances of finding one wouldn't be that low actually. A wrecked helicopter or a military base would most likely be all it would take.))

((An AUG-Para is a strong weapon in between of the Assault-rifle and the LMG firing-systems, so it would most likely be OP. The UZI... I can't really say... It got a high fire-rate, but pretty small magazines and short range...))

Gunia
    Gunia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postybj1, on 09 February 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

((Good to know Posted Image what about an UZI or a AUG?))
((I'd stay away from machine guns as a first weapon...))

Posted Image

KaBling
    KaBling

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5776 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

((Pistols... I think max you can go is a pistol.
1. You're in a lab, there's bound to be a certain amount of protection.
2. Most common gun.
3. Already rather OP as it is*

*counting that it usually takes 2 shots to kill someone.))