• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

what nooby mistake did you make on your first world (or near first)

nooby!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

mrpeanut403

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

hello all, wanted to hear what nooby things you guys have done when you first got minecraft
i have made many mistakes on my first world, the first of them bieng:
i dug a trench around myself at night so 'mobs' couldn't harm me. it worked well for zombies, creepers and (suprisingly) spiders. then the skeleton showed me the cruel ways of a bow and arrow and knocked me into  a pit of mobs.
my second mistake:
not lighting my mines. i was mining @lvl about 43 when a creeper appeared in one of my strip mines. scared the crap outta me and i ran up stairs sealed off my mine and NEVER used it again because there was a creeper down there.
so, what things did you do as a noob?
Posted Image
Redstone wars bracket: http://challonge.com/zdgf3jd5

Register or log in to remove.

Eeirail
    Eeirail

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • Minecraft: Eeirail

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Well, I decided to dig straight down, fell into a dark mine no way back up cause I put one torch down and SURPRISE! a cute little creeper, then I saw my arms fly somewhere in the corner and the eerie words that read "Game Over" or whatever they said then,  I don't remember that part.
Posted Image

Jad
    Jad

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Well, this has to do with coding.

In 1.3.2+, never try to replace the player model with your own techne one, your whole screen will probably become red because of errors on like 50 different classes.

Lol, learned it the hard way. xP
Posted Image

TVflea
    TVflea

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2188 posts
  • Minecraft: TVflea

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I guess this works, since I was  new to the feature.

I was trying to see if you could break bedrock in the new creative, so I dug down to the bedrock layer, but I got carried away and fell into the void. I also didn't know about flying, so I died.

At least my high score was &e0
#PoppyRedArmy

3C0T3CH
    3C0T3CH

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos about it to see what it was all about before I ended up getting Minecraft. So, no real crucial newbie mistakes. Sorry to disappoint. Posted Image

That being said, I've wasted a lot of time (100s of hours worth) building huge things in survival mode that I ended up not liking in my first world, like a cobblestone tower city in the sky.
Posted Image

zaket22
    zaket22

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 883 posts
  • Minecraft: zaket22

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Building in a desert. Great place for a house, not a great place to live. Sand is a bit of a pain.

Lightningcrafter
  • Minecraft: Stormcrafter

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Not knowing how to break blocks. I repeatedly clicked every block I saw.
Mistaking gravel for coal.
Building a dirt bunker.
Building a house made out of sand. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!
Put torches in every single block of my dirt house.
Done.
Posted Image
Support this now!

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

I learned about essentially everything about Minecraft before I got it for the 360.
I had no real noob mistakes in my first world.
I suppose you could say I generated the world and took the chance of it lacking something (it did have everything, though)....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

Masterofjumping

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

Had seen quite a few videos before I first played so no major mistakes.

I did do the new player trick of digging straight down until I fell into lava with my recently found diamonds. Never again :)

Posted Image
Servers Sectional Moderator | Global Rules | Server Rules

KateTheAwesome

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Don't remember any bad mistakes, but I did fall into a cave and ended up struggling for a couple of (Minecraft) days trying to get back up. Had no torches and no pickaxe.

Meow

Posted Image

pureflames

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

making a lava trench and accidentally burning my house down and bringing all my iron while cave exploring and burning in lava.

Cheddarhead7

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I didn't know how to swim, so when I tried to cross a river a started sinking and couldn't get back up D:
Posted Image

Rockstar_Adze
  • Minecraft: Rockstar_Adze

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

I didn't realise that you need to HOLD DOWN the left mouse button to do actions
"When I play Minecraft I go through more picks than Jimi Hendrix on a caffeine drip."
Please check out my band's Twitter account @Broken_Boulevard

bart900
    bart900

404: Member Not Found

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

No matter how much research I did on the game back then when I was a noob, I still died and heres my most noobiest thing that everyone wouldn't do if their new and had prepared for it.

Very first world I was building my house and wasn't completed so night fall came and I went inside. I thought to myself I needed to get this house done or else. So I go outside and after 2 mins of construction BOOM! I was dead raged deleted the world and made a new one.

Don't eat vegetables eat meat instead

I didn't know bread was a vegetable ._.

Crowdit
    Crowdit

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Every night I was running into my hole in the ground, peeking out if I can see any monsters. There were none. It took me about five days to realize that my difficulty was on peaceful.

ayrflame9

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Did not know how to craft or what a crafting table was.

redsand
    redsand

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1167 posts
  • Minecraft: redsand007

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

On my first world, I remember I could never tell the difference between coal and flint.  To me they just looked like two black blobs.  (This was before item tags)

FutureNyanCat

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

On my Pixel Art world (my first world created in 1.5 snapshots), I've accidentally launched myself in the air using TNT minecarts in creative. I switched to Survival and then *SPLAT* I died. This was my first world in the snapshots.

Posted Image

| YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jaden1291 | Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/ |

FutureNyanCat. The Nyan Cat of the Forum. Current Version: v120.0 (Despicable Kitty Update)

Dinky
    Dinky

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well my first time my brother watched me play, he knew exactly what to do but of course I didn't. So, I explored for a while, I dug up a few bits of dirt and chopped some trees and I was just swamped by the beautiful scenery that I didn't really focus on building anything to survive my first night. Then when night time hit I just ran, screaming my head off and just kept running whilst trying to avoid all of the mobs that were spawning.
Of course I fell into a cave and just ended up jumping in some lava by accident!

Winter_Mage

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Well this was on SMP but I lacked an organized storage so.....

Posted Image
A double resolution texture pack that stays faithful to the original Minecraft textures.