• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[FORGE] [1.6.4/1.7.2] Aroma1997s Mods (BetterChests, Mining World Mod, Aroma1997Core, CompactWindmills, AromaBackup, PortableRecharger)

world mining better chest wind mill bag adjustable backup

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Aroma1997
  • Minecraft: Aroma1997

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Important:
If you want permission to use my mods in your modpack, PM me, don't ask on twitter, as an answer to this thread or anything else, just PM me.

Aroma1997Core [1.7.2]
This is a mod required by most of my other mods, so you should install it, if you want to run any other of my mods. This is a library and it mostly contains functions that I use in my other mods. This mod on itself doesn't do that much.
All it does right now is:
- It adds the "/sleep" command (That will tell you who's not sleeping.)
- It adds the "/sleep inform" command (That will inform everyone who's not sleeping of that you want to sleep.)
- It adds the "/sleep kick" command (For operators it's then possible to kick everyone who's not sleeping.)
- It adds a command-based Mail-System: "/mail send <target> <message>" and "/mail read"

Note: This mod doesn't have to be installed on Server and Client. You can still join servers which have that mod installed with a client without that mod. You can also join a server which doesn't have that mod installed with a client with that mod.
IF YOUR MINECRAFT SAYS, AROMA1997CORE WASN'T LOADED OR IS REQUIRED FOR ANOTHER MOD, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER VERSION FOR YOUR MINECRAFT VERSION!!!!!!

Download:
Spoiler:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

AromaBackup [1.7.2]
This is a very simple mod. All it does: BACKUPS. At the moment it is functional, but I will add a lot more features to it once I have ideas for them. If you have any ideas, feel free to tell me.
You can have scheduled backups dune ore only have them done on command.
This works on Client on Server, so you can use it to backup a Server World or a Client World.

Downloads:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Spoiler:

Aroma1997s Dimensional World (Mining World Mod) [1.7.2]
With this mod I started this thread.
You are playing with other Mods like Buildcraft and don't want to have your Overworld ruined by all these Quarry holes? Or you only want a new World to test stuff in?
Then this mod is for you.
This Mod adds a complete new Dimension, specially for Mining, but you can do whatever you want to do in it. Just craft some Stone Bricks together with a Pickaxe and you get a special kind of Bricks. They are a little harder to break than normal Stone Bricks and they open you up the ability to visit a new world, the Mining World. Just build a five blocks high and four blocks wide wall with a three by two hole in the middle(same shape as a Nether Portal). Then you need a new Tool to actually create the Portal. Craft a few Stone Bricks, a Flint and Steel and a Stick together to get the Portal Igniter (Portal Multitool). Then right-click the Portal Frames with it and watch, what happens.
Posted Image
And what do you think will happen, when you step into the Portal? - Well... nothing. First yo have to look at the Portal very closely. Well it's for mining, and what is your biggest enemy when mining and hunting fore some diamonds?! Yes. It is lava. This is why you have to sneak in it to train yourself to not fall in lava, when you're mining.
Very soon you will find yourself in the Mining World. It's a little bit different than the Overworld, has caves and it's nearly completely flat.
To go out of the Mining world, you have to do these same procedure as to go in: Stand in the Portal and sneak. And enjoy.

Mod Spotlights:
Spoiler:

Crafting recipes:
Spoiler:

Download:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

FAQ:
Spoiler:

Issues:
Spoiler:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Spoiler:

CompactWindmills (Addon for IndustrialCraft2)[1.7.2]
This mod adds a compact version of the IC2 windmills.
Posted Image
More detailled information
Downloads
License

This mod is OpenSource and can be found here.

Aroma1997s Portable Recharger: (Addon for IndustrialCraft2) [1.7.2]
This mod adds a energy storage, that will act as the normal IC2 Lappack, but you don't have to have it on your armor slot, you can have it anywhere in your inventory and it will also charge your armor. It works very well together with MPS.
Posted Image

More detailled Information
Downloads

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Spoiler:

BetterChests: [1.7.2]
This mod was created during ModJam Aug. 2013. Modjam is basically a 92 hour ModMaking competition. Out of 20 Single-Modder-Mods, it was rated to fifth place.

It is about a Chest, that you can upgrade to how you want it to be. You can make a Cobblestone Generator out of it, you can make the Chest suck in nearby Items, or you can use the chest as a big furnace. There are many more upgrades, but you should discover them yourself.
Posted Image

This mod is OpenSource and can be found here.

This mod supports Localizations. Please improve/create the Localization file of the language you speak here.

Note:
If you don't know what a Upgrade does or if you think a Upgrade is not working or if you just need general help, please first read the In-Game User Manual. It is crafted with a book and a Upgrade Case.

Mod Spotlights:
Spoiler:

Download:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Spoiler:

How to install:
Minecraft 1.6.x and later:
Download MinecraftForge (Downloads) and install it.
Then drop the mods into the mods folder in .minecraft folder.
Then download Aroma1997Core and also drop that into the mods folder.
Run Minecraft and enjoy(!!!).

Minecraft 1.5.2 and before:
Spoiler:

If you make a Mod Spotlight of one of my mods, feel free to post them as a reply to this topic.

Development versions:
If you need a deobfuscated version of any of my mods, just ask me, I have them auto-built and laying around.

About us:

Aroma1997     - Code
Schillaa     - Textures
Noisyboy     - Textures
MattMC - Beta-Testing

If you want to contact us, we're often online on the Direwolf20 Fan Teamspeak. (You get the login Information on #direwolf20 on irc.esper.net)

If you need any help, information, you think something doesn't work properly or you just want to ask something, go ahead and ask. I won't kill you for that.

I put a lot of time and work into these mods, so if you like them and you want to help me doing things like that, feel free to donate some money. (People who donate at least 1$ will get a HD-Cape and Beta Access to all of my mods if they want.) If you do so, please make sure you PM me on the MCF, so I can message you.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Twitch

More Mods coming...

Register or log in to remove.

ShamblerDK1

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

We're using it on our server and it works wonders! The overworld won't be tarnished with all these huge 64x64 holes everywhere :-)

Nice work Aroma!

killerkirby
  • Minecraft: killerkirby247
  • Xbox:Pshhh, XBOX?

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

:o This is amazing :D
I have cool friends. And am a phillion. ^_^ PM me if your up for a chat, I'm a nice guy. Honest! :D youtube.com/user/amazingphil Posted Image youtube.com/user/danisnotonfire

Luke
    Luke

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 693 posts
  • Minecraft: CurseLuke
  • Xbox:CurseLuke

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I like it!

Tumani007s

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Whats the different between Mystcraft?

Chek497Maplekings

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostTumani007s, on 07 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

The difference is this is a completely unique dimensional world he made. And Mystcraft adds books and writing desks to take you to random dimensions (With your characteristics atleast). And cool mod Aroma  :)

Aroma1997

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Well… the main difference is, Mystcraft adds a whole bunch of dimensions, this mod only adds one.
But if you ask ShamblerDK1 (A server hoster and admin), It causes less lag than Mystcraft does.

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Nice job for an out of the water... welcome to the Minecraft Forums, I guessPosted Image

Problem is, is the dimension just like the overworld, or is it entirely different?  You may want to make that clearer.

Otherwise, cool mod Posted Image
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

OldFafnir

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

View Postzombiepig333, on 07 February 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Problem is, is the dimension just like the overworld, or is it entirely different?

Yeah, a screenshot of the new dimension would be cool.

Flaeme
    Flaeme

Carpenter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Minecraft: Flaeme <3

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Nice job for an out of the water... welcome to the Minecraft Forums, I guessPosted Image

Problem is, is the dimension just like the overworld, or is it entirely different?  You may want to make that clearer.

View PostOldFafnir, on 07 February 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Just tried it, pretty much the overworld. Just an easier way to mine without scarring the overworld (especially with how Mystcraft will soon be [hint" Watch ForgeCraft :P])

Posted Image
Banner by cybasnypa.deviantart.com

Aroma1997

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostOldFafnir, on 07 February 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Well… the image shows the Mining World. It's nearly the same, just Plains biome.

Aroma1997

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Ok I edited the post

deadbuilder1
  • Minecraft: Deadbuilder

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostAroma1997, on 08 February 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Well… the image shows the Mining World. It's nearly the same, just Plains biome.

Aww. I was expecting a tron looking dimension. :(

Aroma1997

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

View Postdeadbuilder1, on 08 February 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Aww. I was expecting a tron looking dimension. Posted Image
Check out the update, I added and edited a lot of stuff.
Check it out. :-)

kriNon
    kriNon

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Is this mod compatible with other mods that add generation, eg buildcraft, ic2, thaumcraft, redpower?
Posted Image

Aroma1997

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostkriNon, on 14 April 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Is this mod compatible with other mods that add generation, eg buildcraft, ic2, thaumcraft, redpower?
it is. I tested that and it works.
We use it on the server and the Worldgen works perfectly, we have everything and quarries are only allowed in the mining world.(ShamblerDK1s Server)

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well, if you think about it, this mod doesn't carry the risks that Mystcraft does!

It's actually something that I always wanted, and I'm surprised no one made anything like this before!(Ok, that's a lie!Someone did make something like this, a long time ago, but the dimensions were kinda different than the overworld, and it modified so many base classes that it was hard to use with other mods!)

My only objection is that the recipe for the blocks doesn't make any sense, but then again, I guess that the recipe is there just for an easy way to get the blocks without adding a recipe that could conflict with other mods!

Kudos to the creator!

Simpliest idea ever, yet a very good idea!

HulaMula
    HulaMula

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I made a video about this mod. I hope you like it guys Posted Image

Dylan4ever

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Lovely mod! Simple, yet extremely useful! I always hated to ruin the landscape with those immense holes. Good work!

Some things you might want to add:

- Option to turn back on mob spawning in the config :).
- Even more extreme cavesystems than in the Overworld.
- Silverfish Veins (Stone Monster Egg). Believe me, it's a must! This will make the world a bit harder :).
- Perhaps special Strongholds/Dungeons/Castles to spice the world up.

~ Dylan
Posted Image

Aroma1997

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostDylan4ever, on 15 April 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Some things you might want to add:
- Option to turn back on mob spawning in the config Posted Image.
- Even more extreme cavesystems than in the Overworld.
- Silverfish Veins (Stone Monster Egg). Believe me, it's a must! This will make the world a bit harder Posted Image.
- Perhaps special Strongholds/Dungeons/Castles to spice the world up.

Thank you for the awesome ideas and expect some of them in future updates.
Edit:(Hint: I just updated and you will see some stuff happening.)