• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Byamarro
    Byamarro

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm trying to do missile interactive system but maybe You will do it faster ;)

Idea: few TNTs shoots in air but only one is going to hit target, other TNT need to just change vector of projectile.
User should be able to mark target (for that I will propably use my redstone radar system - You can view it inc reations section), and system should use enough TNTs to make projectile hit right coordinates (it don't must to be 100% accuracy, just enough to damage enemy).
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

murp11
    murp11

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

View Postnoobkackboon, on 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

elevators are ten a penny.

"minecraft" in minecraft has been done by several people, well at least minigames with similar game logic.

3D is not impossible, it's just so much effort and knowledge that you have to put into it. You need a working computer with CPU (, ALU), RAM, ROM, and all that ­. most important is the GPU which would be needed to render the 3D world on a 2D screen.

it is possible, but no one wants to do all the effort just for a game that runs on 1 frame / 10 minutes.

it is impossible WITHOUT mods because the computer you have to build is bigger than the loaded chunks ... furthermore you will have great problems with the graphics like you said before. And 1 frame in 10 sec would be nice ;D
Also the redstone lag will be extreme so you need a very strong computer to play a game in a game ...  Right at the moment it is impossible without mods :P

rtm55982468
  • Minecraft: myguy200

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

i have a challange for you 8X8 door no sand in the door itself but the wiring can good luck you will need it
Posted Image

Czar_Yoshi

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postcrafthappy, on 06 February 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Make a non-sticky piston 2x2 door, like I did.  I want 2 see if we come up w/ identical design!

You still haven't posted any proof that you made this. No sand allowed.

View Postmurp11, on 17 February 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

it is impossible WITHOUT mods because the computer you have to build is bigger than the loaded chunks ... furthermore you will have great problems with the graphics like you said before. And 1 frame in 10 sec would be nice ;D
Also the redstone lag will be extreme so you need a very strong computer to play a game in a game ...  Right at the moment it is impossible without mods Posted Image

You can play it on a server and station other players on it to keep all the chunks loaded (Codecrafted did this).

Building the 3d capable GPU is very difficult, but not impossible. Learn the difference between high and infinite.

Very strong computers aren't that rare and are very easy to obtain (as long as you have the money). Unless you think you will need more than dual e5 2630's and 256 GB ram? (hint: a machine of that caliber could take a 1000+ player server, if not bottlenecked by its internet speed)

Caeric
    Caeric

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Since the introduction of the redstone block, I've been toying with the idea of a vehicle -- that is, because redstone blocks can be affected by pistons, I am hoping that it's possible to build an independent device of redstone blocks and pistons that can inch along without any need for direct control.

I don't think it's possible still, but I'm not very savvy at redstone stuff. I'd love to be proven wrong.
Make note: I generally avoid being insulting. If I sound insulting, I'm probably joking.

Czar_Yoshi

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostCaeric, on 17 February 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Since the introduction of the redstone block, I've been toying with the idea of a vehicle -- that is, because redstone blocks can be affected by pistons, I am hoping that it's possible to build an independent device of redstone blocks and pistons that can inch along without any need for direct control.

I don't think it's possible still, but I'm not very savvy at redstone stuff. I'd love to be proven wrong.

It isn't possible to create a fully automatic redstone vehicle, outside of minecart glitches. The RS block(s) that you use to power the pusher pistons need to be at least on level with them, leaving puller pistons as the only way to move them. But it's then impossible to move the puller pistons without either more puller pistons (which suffer from the same problem) or some sort of block swapper that shifts a pusher piston in behind the puller piston- which will require another mechanism to move it and exponentially increase the size without offering a solution.

However, it is possible to create semi-automatic flying machines that can move (slowly) back and fourth, without wasting any resources. They're big enough to hold several players, but their only real uses are glowstone mining (you'll need good archers to stop ghasts from blowing it up, though), and PvP (dropping TNT from the sky).

Here's a great topic in which the concept of flying in Minecraft is discussed in much detail:

http://www.minecraft...flying-machine/

Kitkalen
    Kitkalen

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

make a working clock that can tell whatever time it is in minecraft. (don't just put a clock in a item frame)
Posted Image

I just got a FREE minecraft premium card code from http://totallyfreeminecraft.com :)

Phage
    Phage

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Make a fully functioning, fully compacted hipster door.

It should look like so when closed:
Posted Image

And like this when open:
Posted Image

There is no redstone above the ground, and the door itself is made of glass.

beam314159

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Try making a potion factory that can produce any potion rapidly with only 1-2 players operating it, assembly-line style, by using mob farms for things like slimeballs and spider eyes, trading with villagers for glowstone and redstone, and stations where players craft ingredients or collect resources (like sand). Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

swiftduststorm

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

a anolog clock ha test that
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Czar_Yoshi

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

View Postbeam314159, on 19 February 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

Try making a potion factory that can produce any potion rapidly with only 1-2 players operating it, assembly-line style, by using mob farms for things like slimeballs and spider eyes, trading with villagers for glowstone and redstone, and stations where players craft ingredients or collect resources (like sand). Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

It's going to take a little more than 1-2 players occasionally operating it if you're going to get your glowstone from trading. You still have to harvest Nether Wart, craft lots of things, etc.

A much better way to do this would be to somehow build a quad hag farm. They give lots of useful potion drops and allow you to cut out paper/beef/iron farms for trading with the villagers.

beam314159

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Witch farm for glowstone and mining for redstone would definitely be necessary, you're right. I was thinking 10 minute shifts at each "station" would work, with a minecart track connecting the stations--for example, you'd mine for 10 minutes, put all the materials into a furnace and item sorter that would send the coal to the various furnaces, the gold to the melon and carrot farms, the redstone to a brewing stand, etc., then you'd collect sand for 10 minutes, put it in a furnace and craft  and fill bottles from the the bottles left from the last round, then you'd plant the netherwart (BUD switch connected to pistons should harvest it), then you'd go farm blazes, then you'd craft glistering melons, and so on, putting all the items collected in a minecart system that would deliver them to an automated brewing stand. You could even have a shop that would sell potions and and waste materials (like arrows from the bone meal farm and diamonds from mining), and buy things like ghast tears that couldn't be produced in a factory, and sell enchanted books from the XP you get from killing blazes and mining. Sound feasible for 1-2 players?

Czar_Yoshi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Feasible? Yes, if you were playing on an economy/class server and these 1-2 people are potion makers.

However, there is the problem of sand being a non-renewable resource. Unless this server is huge and you're the only guys liscensed to have brewing stands, it would be a better use of your time to fight ghasts, blazes and slimes while tending to carrot, sugercane and nether wart farms and running a zombie pigman grinder, a hag farm, and a norml mob grinder too if gunpowder from Ghasts isn't enough. Don't forget that hags can drop glass bottles and redstone dust too.

Then, sell the individual ingredients in your shop (sans bottles), and keep an infinite water source and several brewing stands in the lobby for general public use. It'll be a lot more interesting than riding the rails all day, a lot less tedious to set up, and you won't be responsible for selling sand. If you keep an enchanting room behind the counter, you can use your exp from ghasts to enchant stuff for a little extra cash.

pinballboy7
  • Location: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
  • Minecraft: pinballboy7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Make a device that can give the question to the answer of life, the universe, and everything. Call it the Earth.
Posted Image

View PostHMANCRAFTER, on 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no...

user_837235

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Space Invaders! A legit version though, not something where you click a button to shoot fireworks to hit objects that don't move.

So you move the ship, and the aliens move their selves.

Aboba5
    Aboba5

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Minecraft: aboba5

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

View Postpinballboy7, on 20 February 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Make a device that can give the question to the answer of life, the universe, and everything. Call it the Earth.

I love the internet for reasons like this.

I want to be rich one day. Some people are so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.

Phage
    Phage

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Gurkudrengur
  • Minecraft: Gurkudrengur

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Can you help me with this?

http://www.minecraft...-redstone-help/

maybe not as big of a challenge you were hoping, but should at least be a good warmup! =)

Dracus
    Dracus

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Postkennysmith1234, on 06 February 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Want a real challenge?
Make a Redstone Elevator that works in Minecraft.
Honestly, thats not really hard, theres tons of them out there.
Posted Image

Bennyred
  • Minecraft: bennyred

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

A 64 bit cpu with only one tick of delay (jk).