610 replies to this topic

yakushin
    yakushin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostXionanx, on 31 October 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

I would say the CC support to allow for CC controlled auto dialing is a nice feature difference.  Also, the changed textures, seems like a few other things.

While i personally have never used these I have been eyeballing them for my server for a while.. especially since I'm getting just a little bit tired of Mystcraft portals.. (they are just so ugly...)

join forces. then 2 identical ,mod. I do not even know which one to choose.

Register or log in to remove.

LordFokas
  • Minecraft: Qatall

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

They're not 2 identical mods. SGCraft is open source, and the other is a modified version of SGCraft's code. They're the same in almost everything, except the later has less bugs and more features.

Do you like Stargate? What about a Stargate Tech Mod for Minecraft?
Posted Image

DrakeBD
    DrakeBD

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Minecraft: DrakeBD
  • Xbox:DrakeBD

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Sneak peak at the progressions of textures made for SGCraft standard as

Delta-SGCraft Reloaded has the HD textures built into the mod itself and can be enabled in the config file

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image

hyperbird
  • Minecraft: sbongbob

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostDrakeBD, on 01 November 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Sneak peak at the progressions of textures made for SGCraft standard and reloaded

Spoiler:
AWESOME!!

Sam_Brawlston
  • Minecraft: Sam_Brawlston

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Got to say, I know next to absolutely nothing about Stargate, but this's pretty cool.

Greg_Ewing
  • Minecraft: gcewing

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostNeoRavencroft, on 24 October 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I fixed a version for personal use and figure I'd release it: http://puu.sh/4YFMn.jar
I just tried to download this, but the link seems to have expired -- it says:

That puush could not be found.

MichiyoRavencroft

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostGreg_Ewing, on 02 November 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

I just tried to download this, but the link seems to have expired -- it says:

That puush could not be found.

That's because I started distroing my builds here: http://www.minecraft.../topic/2059956-

Posted Image

jamdav
    jamdav

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

So I seem to be getting corrupted chunks after updating to 0.7.0.  I updated the mod, loaded my world, played for awhile and quit.  Loaded my world again later and every chunk I had a stargate in was reloaded to its original chunk.  In the forge log I see this:
Spoiler:

Edit 11/6/13

Version 0.7.1 has resolved my issue.  Thanks a lot. The new event horizon is pretty cool.

FatBobTheSlob

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

So...it's just a fancy teleport mod?

DrakeBD
    DrakeBD

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postjamdav, on 05 November 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

So I seem to be getting corrupted chunks after updating to 0.7.0.  I updated the mod, loaded my world, played for awhile and quit.  Loaded my world again later and every chunk I had a stargate in was reloaded to its original chunk.  In the forge log I see this:
Spoiler:

Try the build here http://www.minecraft...craft-reloaded/ it may fix your problems until greg fixes the bugs

Posted Image

Posted Image

DrakeBD
    DrakeBD

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Updated the textures to this mod along with adding atlantis styled gates http://deltastrium.c...=162&p=232#p232

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mehk
    Mehk

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

I seem to have a problem with 1.6.4  sgcraft 7.1. The gate blocks are fine, but when i form them into a stargate and it makes the ring, the gate turns transparent if I look at it certain ways. I tried different variations and did it with no other mods and just stargate and forge, default texture pack. Still the same problem.

coremar
    coremar

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Minecraft: coremar

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostMehk, on 14 November 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

I seem to have a problem with 1.6.4  sgcraft 7.1. The gate blocks are fine, but when i form them into a stargate and it makes the ring, the gate turns transparent if I look at it certain ways. I tried different variations and did it with no other mods and just stargate and forge, default texture pack. Still the same problem.

Are you using optifine? Because this happens to me with optifine.

EDIT: oh nevermind, now I know what you mean, I think.
Is this what happens to you?
Spoiler:

"On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid."

Posted Image

CronosusCZ
  • Minecraft: CronosusCZ

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

i have same problem.. transparent stargate :D
Posted Image
PS: Sorry for my English

Greg_Ewing
  • Minecraft: gcewing

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostCronosusCZ, on 15 November 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

i have same problem.. transparent stargate Posted Image
Try version 0.7.2, it fixes this, I hope.

XxcodycraftxX
  • Minecraft: codycraft1121

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

This looks epic!!
Posted Image

Demethan
    Demethan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

I love the mod. Awesome work on the visual.  I thank you for that. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed though. It doesn't work with the Galacticraft dimensions.  Can that be made possible.  I find the tech / space theme works well with Galacticraft.

If I can help in any other way. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Greatly appreciated.

[error screenshot](https://dl.dropboxus...16_13.51.18.png)
[screenshot2](https://dl.dropboxus...16_13.52.33.png)

Edited by Demethan, 16 November 2013 - 06:57 PM.

coremar
    coremar

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Minecraft: coremar

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostGreg_Ewing, on 16 November 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Try version 0.7.2, it fixes this, I hope.
Thank you, works nicely now ;-)

View PostDemethan, on 16 November 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I love the mod. Awesome work on the visual. I thank you for that. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed though. It doesn't work with the Galacticraft dimensions. Can that be made possible. I find the tech / space theme works well with Galacticraft. If I can help in any other way. Please don't hesitate to ask. Greatly appreciated. [error screenshot](https://dl.dropboxus...16_13.51.18.png) [screenshot2](https://dl.dropboxus...16_13.52.33.png)

It works with all dimension with ID -1 or higher right now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what exact IDs are used by Galacticraft, but you can change it in config files, I just deleted "-" char in ID number and it worked. Backup your saves before you modify anything and be careful if you are using other mods what add dimensions. I think Greg is working on addressing system, possibly with some future update there will be more dimensions supported.

p.s.
I updated patch for PureBDcraft textures to SGcraft 0.7.2, downloads here:
http://bdcraft.net/c...ea1d1ee57779d23
"On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid."

Posted Image

Demethan
    Demethan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

View Postcoremar, on 16 November 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

It works with all dimension with ID -1 or higher right now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what exact IDs are used by Galacticraft, but you can change it in config files, I just deleted "-" char in ID number and it worked. Backup your saves before you modify anything and be careful if you are using other mods what add dimensions. I think Greg is working on addressing system, possiply with some future update there will be more dimensions supported.

I did some more testing and you are correct. Galacticraft has -28 for the moon dimension by default.  changing the moon.cfg and removing the - worked for me too.  I probably have to do the same for Mars.

Now I just have to figure out if I can move the current folder from -28 to 28 without issues .

Thanks.

DrakeBD
    DrakeBD

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postcoremar, on 16 November 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

It works with all dimension with ID -1 or higher right now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what exact IDs are used by Galacticraft, but you can change it in config files, I just deleted "-" char in ID number and it worked. Backup your saves before you modify anything and be careful if you are using other mods what add dimensions. I think Greg is working on addressing system, possibly with some future update there will be more dimensions supported.

p.s.
I updated patch for PureBDcraft textures to SGcraft 0.7.2, downloads here:
http://bdcraft.net/c...ea1d1ee57779d23

Nice Texture pack im not a fan of the cartoon look myself but kudos to the skills mate

Posted Image

Posted Image