• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dann8924
    dann8924

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

I have a simple query, I run a very small server basically hosted on my home computer not 24 hours a day 7 days a week either.

I have a small knowledge on problem solving, solving id mismatch's and general server administration.

I am using the mindcrack pack for FTB modified for my needs (added EE3, Transformers and maybe a couple of other mods on request of my friends) point being it works fine and runs without I can play at the same time as hosting no problems and all of my friends can play.

The problem I have is everytime FTB updates the entire server basically fails and I have to start a new world again usually down to map generation conflicts and the config files.

A semi permanent fix for this is to edit the config files to remove the block id conflicts that cause mayhem,

This does not solve me starting again if anyone knows the best way to prevent this I would appreciate the input on this.

Which brings be to my second problem when i alter the config files (usually redpower 2 is the thorn in my side)

I have to send the config files to my friends in order for them to join. Is there a way I can do this in minecraft perhaps push the block ID's or is this yet to be seen from mojang.

The only alternative I have is using an ftp server which I dont really want to do.

Much larger servers than mine must of come across this problem and it interests me on how it is solved.

Register or log in to remove.

taddekker
  • Minecraft: Tad_Dekker

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hey there,

Because you have added individual mods/plugins to the server you have in effect created a new mod setup.

This being said, FTB only updates its server to the latest version, which means that any old stuff will be removed or deleted i believe.

As to pushing it out to the clients, because you have your own mod setup, you actually need to do this because they are not able to get the information from the server because that is not how minecraft works.

Larger servers use plugins and tools that are a basic addon to minecraft, So vanilla servers only use plugins which add new features such as chat,pvp or abilities. Those commands are handled by the server itself.

For mods however you need to look at FTB and Tekkit, both of them come with Mod clients and servers, any other mods will need to be updated by yourself because they are not support by the teams.

Posted Image

Posted Image

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8080 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Have a look on the FTB forums, the FTB client is made so that people like you can make their own modpacks and have friends access them via the client thus removing the need to pass out the edited configs to all playing on the server

dann8924
    dann8924

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for the info, this i didnt know I will certainly look into this. Using the edited cfg's as a base i should get a pretty good setup