• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] [Forge] [SMP] Flintlock Weapons Mod v1.6 - 150,000+ Downloads! - New update: repeater rifle and bombs!

gun gun mod weapons more weapons combat minegunner forge 1.6.2 smp multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

WillDaBeast509

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

<~~~~~~~Flintlock Guns Mod~~~~~~~>

Not just another boring gun mod

Features

-Eleven new flintlock weapons, as well as cannons and bombs

-Four ammo types

-Unique reloading system

-Customizable guns

-Multiplayer support

-Fitting and balanced with the game, not ridiculously OP like most gun mods

-Listening to the community and actively looking to improve and update the mod

-Easy, quick installation (only Forge required)

This mod adds eleven new flintlock weapons and other weapons, listed in the spoiler below. Loading these flintlock weapons in real life is quite cumbersome, and this mod replicates that. To load a weapon, you must craft together an unloaded one, gunpowder, and your ammo. The multi-shot weapons can do this multiple times to become fully loaded. Also be aware, your gun may misfire, making a sad click and losing your ammo. Reload and try again. Your guns can be repaired at an anvil with iron ingots (but don't try renaming them).

You can customize your gun's look and stats by adding inlays. Craft your unloaded gun in the middle with a valuable material on all four sides of it to inlay it with that material. Possible inlays and their effects are in the spoiler below. You can use this feature to fine-tune your gun to better fit your needs, i.e. if you like to pick those creepers off from afar, you might want to inlay your musket to boost its effective range. Or maybe you'e planning a long nether trip and don't want to lug around an anvil to keep your revolver in working order, then inlay it to increase its durability.

By default, you can only carry one weapon from this mod in your hotbar at a time. This can be expanded by equiping holsters. Weapons are broken down into four categories (pistol, revolver, rifle, and bomb) and each holster allows for a different combination of each. Use the holster by putting it in the upper-lefthand corner of your inventory. If you try to hold more guns than allowed, the extra guns will simply be dropped. See the spoiler below for crafting and information about each holster.

A config file can be found in /.minecraft/config/flintlock_guns. You can adjust item/block IDs (set a number to start and the mod will use IDs counting up from that, so you don't have to change a hundred IDs manually) as well as set a global damage multiplier if you need to balance the mod to your needs. You can also change whether or not explosive weapons will destroy blocks when they explode by setting BlockDamageOn to true or false.

WEAPONS

Spoiler:

WEAPON STAT TABLE

http://i.imgur.com/dnji2Z0.png

INLAYS

Spoiler:

HOLSTERS

Spoiler:

VIDEOS

Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD - Forge (Universal)

Version 1.6 for Minecraft 1.6.4

If you're not running the latest Minecraft version, here's downloads for older builds (these also all work with ModLoader)

Minecraft 1.4.7 - Mod version 1.3 (Modloader/Forge, no SMP)

Minecraft 1.5 - Mod version 1.4.2(Modloader/Forge, no SMP)

Minecraft 1.5.1 - Mod version 1.5.1 (Modloader/Forge, no SMP)

Minecraft 1.5.2 - Mod version 1.6_3(Forge only, SMP support)

Minecraft 1.6.2 - Mod Version 1.6(Forge only, SMP support)

Thanks to:

Blfngl for code and helping with SMP support (check out some of his mods on his profile)

Npatterson11 for many of the textures

ThatDoughnut for a wealth of ideas and textures

supra107 for bringing my attention to the old Minegunner mod

just_don&amp;#39;t_do_it for creating Ye Olde Minegunner, by which many features of this mod were inspired.

Skydaz for making an automatic installer - check it out here: http://www.skydaz.co...-1-5-1/

UPCOMING FEATURES

Spoiler:

CHANGELOG

Spoiler:

If you like this mod, use this banner from ThatDoughnut! http://i50.tinypic.c...hsj.png

MY OTHER WORKS

Spoiler:

Simply place this .zip in your mods file in .minecraft, just like any other mod. Enjoy, and don&amp;#39;t hesitate to post questions, comments, or suggestions. If you post this mod on your site/blog or do a video of it, you MUST LINK BACK TO THIS FORUM POST, not the download itself. Also give credit to Npatterson11, Blfngl, and myself in the post/video description. This makes sure credit is given where it is due, and ensures the user will get to the most recent version of the mod. Thanks all!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MineCrates
  • Minecraft: LeoZesters

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Nice mod
Join The MineCrates Family Now!!

deadbuilder1
  • Minecraft: Deadbuilder

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hah! Old flint lock weapons! Good work +1.

MineCrates

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Made a mod review :D

MineCrates

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

:D

WillDaBeast509

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hey, thanks for the vid, MineCrates! Glad everyone is enjoying!
Posted Image

MrSlimer
  • Minecraft: Danishjumper

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Looks cool, Great idea ! (i think im gonna make a mod spotlight of this mod, if ok ?) :)
Please do that favor and at least check out my YouTube Channel ^.^

WillDaBeast509

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Looks cool, Great idea ! (i think im gonna make a mod spotlight of this mod, if ok ?) Posted Image

That would be wonderful, thank you!
Posted Image

YinTaiYang

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

pretty cool :D
gonn make a vid :D

Come on, just click that subscribe button! I promise ya, you won't regret it :)

YinTaiYang

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

suggestion: make it so the guns don't instantly kill mobs, and have some weapons do more damage than others
The instantly kill thing makes it so OP XD
(I killed a wither with it)

YinTaiYang

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Here's a video I made Posted Image
I hope it's not too much to ask to put it on the original post, especially because I didn't even ask you if I could do this and then just went on it. Posted Image
Either way, hope you like it Posted Image

Xgio_the_Destroyer
  • Minecraft: Vik122
  • Xbox:Xgio

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Nice Mod I may make a mod review :D
Posted Image
To support my mod please click on the banner

WillDaBeast509

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Awesome vid, YinTaiYang! I will most certainly put it in the OP, it's just too bad you didn't demo the buckshot Posted Image

Nice Mod I may make a mod review Posted Image
Yes, anybody may feel free to make a mod review/spotlight on this mod. I wasn't expecting so many of those but it's great Posted Image

suggestion: make it so the guns don't instantly kill mobs, and have some weapons do more damage than others
The instantly kill thing makes it so OP XD
(I killed a wither with it)
Haha yes, I didn't think to test it on the boss mobs. It kills an ender dragon in one hit too. I plan to balance this out a bit in a soon-to-come update. I think the musket will be a bit more powerful, and the revolver a bit less, than the pistol/double-barreled pistol. Probably the revolver will not always be a one-hit kill on regular mobs like zombies and creepers. The other ones will be though, or else they'd be a bit underpowered.
Posted Image

ilovelotsofpie

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ipodmail made a review for this mod post it on the forum.

WillDaBeast509

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Good to see another video! Thanks!
Posted Image

B9e1n
    B9e1n

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

i like new mods thats why i like this but i think you should make these hearts of damage (x2 damage) revolver 5-10 musket 20-22 pistol 3-5 double pistol A.K.A double barreled pistol 6-10
Posted Image

glohan911
    glohan911

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: iustin444

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Nice mod. Could you make it Forge compatible?

WillDaBeast509

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostB9e1n, on 07 February 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

i like new mods thats why i like this but i think you should make these hearts of damage (x2 damage) revolver 5-10 musket 20-22 pistol 3-5 double pistol A.K.A double barreled pistol 6-10

That was my original idea but it turned out way too underpowered. Just to kill one zombie, you'd have to open up your crafting to reload three or four times, and when facing a whole horde, that's not too practical. I feel the guns are pretty balanced with the game as of now (except for the killing of boss mobs in one hit, as YinTaiYang pointed out, which I'm going to fix right after I finish typing this!). Thanks for the input though and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

View Postglohan911, on 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I don't really see that in the future of this mod. I'm not too familiar with Forge, and it is pretty easy to install with ModLoader already. But it's not an impossibility.
Posted Image

Luke
    Luke

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 693 posts
  • Minecraft: CurseLuke
  • Xbox:CurseLuke

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for the great mod!

Kitteh6660
    Kitteh6660

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1339 posts
  • Minecraft: Kitteh6660

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

How much damage does a pistol actually do? I read that it's 1-hit kill but the actual amount of damage?

View Postglohan911, on 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Forge has its own Modloader. Most ModLoader mods should work with Forge.
Posted Image