• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Noob

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TiltedPanda

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hey guys I'm newish to minecraft so far I've done the plain old usual for a new starter I've made a portal to nether and made most diamond items.

Now I want to know if you guys could tell me some other fun things to do I wanted to make a village or town sort of think but creative block and don't know where to start

Any ideas of what to build or what to do would be appreciated thanks

Register or log in to remove.

UpUp_Away95

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Parkour courses and waterslides are simple and can be lots of fun to play on after you've built them.  Rollercoster railroads are a little more complex, but also lots of fun to ride on when you're done.  For buildings, it's pretty much wide open.  Take a walk around in the real world and you'll get lots of ideas.  Other things people build - planes, ships, factories of all sorts, mob traps, player traps, spleef arenas, etc.  There are also lots of videos on YouTube you can use for inspiration.

Evilwillhunting

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostTiltedPanda, on 04 February 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Hey guys I'm newish to minecraft so far I've done the plain old usual for a new starter I've made a portal to nether and made most diamond items.

Now I want to know if you guys could tell me some other fun things to do I wanted to make a village or town sort of think but creative block and don't know where to start

Any ideas of what to build or what to do would be appreciated thanks

My Minecraft motto is "if you can dream it, you can build it."

Here are some ideas for the projects, but it really depends on what you want to build.

1.) Build a massive castle on all four corners of the map -- using sandstone, cobblestone, nether blocks and bricks each once as the chief building component.
2.) Build a galleon in the water.
3.) Build an underground railway that will take you to bedrock in seconds.
4.) Build Castle Ravenloft. Warning: that's a HUGE castle. I often have tried this, spending hours making an impossibly big footprint and later grimly realizing I dont have enough room.
5.) Build an elaborate dungeon, complete with cells, treasure chests and traps.
6.) Build a massive city... underwater.
7.) Build an arena to fight monsters, complete with shuttered lava pits and so forth.
8.) Build Erebor inside a mountain.
9.) Carpet a massive castle with colored wool.
10.) Build a giant elaborate fountain with pistons and water.

I could go on....

TiltedPanda

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Cheers for the ideas guys ill probably upload a few pictures and stuff when I start just most the time ill start building and it looks like crap compared to what you see on YouTube so I stop building ha

Urban_Blackbear

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

If you need inspiration you can alwys check out other people's builds here:

http://www.minecraft...xbox-creations/

TiltedPanda

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hmmm I think I need a the,e to lead with then Illknow where I'm going I just can't think of a fun theme to build

corvex2
    corvex2

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox:corvex2

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Collect the music discs in survival then make a record shop?
"Have faith in the Emperor and praise his name.
Honour and glory to he who defends mankind in the darkest hour.
May the angels of death strike the heretic , mutant and xenos down with flaming vengeance."
- Storm Dragon's Vanguard Veteran Dracius Maltos  

Zsaas
    Zsaas

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 865 posts
  • Xbox:DaIblisTrigger

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hunt for butter. Thats what I do.
Posted Image