• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Question RE: Command block teleporting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

banterclaus

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I notice there is always a flicker during teleporting, which means the player will always know they have been teleported  -  is there any way to cover this or is it limited by the engine?

For example, attempting to teleport a player between two identical rooms without them noticing, they do notice since there is that 1 frame or so flicker.

(should note: the rooms are close and therefore both pre loaded)

cheers

Register or log in to remove.

oragamihawk
  • Minecraft: oragamihawk

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

i believe the update will fix some problems with command blocks if you have any problems with command blocks ask me!

smpmike23
  • Minecraft: smpmike23

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

I think it has to do with them being in the exact same position. The best you could probably do is add the destination distance amount to their current coordinates. But teleporting is somewhat random when it uses .5 or whole numbers. It could be seamless, but possibly not all the time.

From the wiki: "Can also relatively move the player by adding the ~ character before the coordinate value. For example typing /tp John ~3 64 ~3 will teleport a player called John 3 blocks away from his current x and z, and to y 64."
Posted Image
WIP 128x 64x, SEUS support, Mod support in the pipeline TEKKIT, FTB, the more support the more mods!

banterclaus

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I get what you mean, but that is not the problem I am having. I posted a thread over in suggestions which better shows my point. http://www.minecraft...rt-travel-time/