• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Heroes & General type server based on TES V

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Heroes & General type server based on TES V (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be more than 100 players on this server or less?

1. More > 100 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Less < 100 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. I don't care (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

vivec012

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hi, I recently played the H&G closed Beta and got the idea to make a server based on this game.

Of course, it'll be more like a 'Medieval' version, I think it'll be awesome and I am currently using a Plugin that lets admins create teams and team Headquarters for players to spawn at.

There will be a large map, where two teams fight to take over bases spread around the map, at the end the team who controls everything wins and we reset. I don't have a plugin that lets me set a base with a flag, atleast I haven't found a good one yet. So, this is where the 'Generals' come in - I'll explain below.

Generals = Ops.
They can set team headquarters for players to spawn at, what we can do is have two generals set HQ's for their respective teams, they can set the HQ near a base they wish to conquer or defend.

Heroes = Normal players.
Heroes will spawn at spawn (duh) and wait for a 'General' to set a team spawn for them (see above) they can spawn at the spawn that was created by the general by typing /team hq (teleporting them there), then we have a battle!

How to win a battle: There will be multiple gamemodes including TDM and Assault

The teams?

I currently have Stormcloaks and Imperials to the list.Like I said in the title this will be based on TES V, BUT this might change if the server gets more popular. It may even have it's own lore someday...

As you can see, this will end up being an RTS style server which I think will be fun.
As time goes by and (if) the server gets more populated I can add more Op's or 'Generals' to the game making it more difficult.

At the moment there isn't an IP address, since I am still working on the server.
Before this IP address comes up there are some things that need to happen:

- I need to see how many people will be interested in this server, I don't need a lot, you can follow this topic or just leave a comment.

- I am still working on the map, it's going to be huge, so it may take a long time.

- (optional) Looking for more plugins to make this work, but I think the plugin I have is good.

The creator of the plugin(s) I am using doesn't seem to be active enough and I don't know if he'll update them for the next update... I have no idea how to even make a plugin (currently learning) - I don't think I'll ever know how to make one so I'm just using Plugins that people share.

Let me know in the comments what you think, thanks.

I'll be updating this topic every Monday.

*02/04  Still working on the map, I have a plan for the layout and for some gamemodes.
            Maybe we'll have 4 Generals (admins) each with their own teams and bases?

Register or log in to remove.

Keaton678

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Seem's fun, if you need any help building the maps, I'd gladly help :D
[url="http://www.minecraft...one-of-a-kind/"]http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2155900-doomland-custom-game-one-of-a-kind/[/url]&quot;]Posted Image

vivec012

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostKeaton678, on 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Seem's fun, if you need any help building the maps, I'd gladly help Posted Image

Thanks! and yes I will need help.

I'll get back to you with an IP address once I have everything sorted out, may take a while.