• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4/1.5+][PARKOUR] Just Jump: A 100-stage, pure parkour map. (100,000 DLs!) (As seen on Adventuere Lobbies!)

parkour!

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

The Sketch
    The Sketch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1084 posts
  • Minecraft: dasketchmaster

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

NEWS: The follow-up to this map, Just Sprint, has been released!  Get it at this thread:

http://www.minecraft...-map-ever-made/

It features a variety of environments and is the largest sprint map ever made!

Additionally, the map has now been added to the Adventure Lobbies map selection!  If you want to play the map on multiplayer, this is a very easy way to set up a free server.  A banner linked to the site has been put in the "Downloads" section of this post.

Also, on various Youtube LP's of this map, I've seen people commenting pretending to be me.

My Youtube username is "dasketchmaster", so anyone without that

username who says they're me is lying.

The Sketch proudly presents:

Just Jump!

A 100-stage, pure parkour map inspired by tetrix1993's 1st and 2nd obstacle courses.

Posted Image

Just Jump is a huge parkour obstacle course with a steadily increasing difficulty and the usage of tons of different parkour mechanics existing in Minecraft today.  Whether you're climbing to great heights on ladders, putting a spring into every step with ice, or struggling to stay afloat in flowing water, the goal is simple: Get to the end of each level.  Sound easy?

It's not.

While the stages in Just Jump start out so easy that anyone with a working space bar can get through them, the later levels climb to the point of insanity.  You will rage.  You will smash your keyboard to bits.  You will take long, frequent breaks.  Even though most people will be able to get relatively far in the map without much of a problem, only the best of the best will be able to beat the whole thing.

As a result of over 60 hours of work, this map has one of the easiest starts and one of the hardest finishes ever seen in a parkour map.

Are you up for the challenge?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Rules:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Download Link (v1.0):

http://adf.ly/IS8TN

Total Downloads (as of 6/29/13): 101991

Estimated Playtime: 3+ Hours

Additionally, the map can be played via Adventure Lobbies!  Click the banner below to access the site.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Thank you for playing the map!  Feel free to leave your feedback on this forum page, make an LP, or hit that green arrow in the corner if you like the map. You can also check out my other parkour map, which can be found here: http://www.minecraft...-played-by-sky/ And also, I don't have experience with making banners, so if someone could make me one for this map, that would be great!  I'll make sure to give you credit in the signature.
Posted Image

(Signature made by SniperGoth!)

Register or log in to remove.

Zendare
    Zendare

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Thanks man, that looks really awesome can't wait until I test it on my server :)
Posted Image
Zendare is now your King. :D

The Sketch
    The Sketch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1084 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostZendare, on 02 February 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Thanks man, that looks really awesome can't wait until I test it on my server Posted Image

Thank you!  Tell me how you like it and any issues you run into.  This is the first version, so there's bound to be something wrong with it.
Posted Image

owlgrandecity
  • Minecraft: owlgrandecity

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

This is awesome! I wish I could record this on my youtube, but unfortunately, I can't since I want to maintain the graphics part of my channel :/

I really love it though Posted Image

EDIT: After playing more of the map, I have come to realize that this is the best themeless/storyless parkour map I have ever played so far. I have played Minecraft for 2-3 years now and I never knew about the door glitch!

The Sketch
    The Sketch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1084 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postowlgrandecity, on 02 February 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

This is awesome! I wish I could record this on my youtube, but unfortunately, I can't since I want to maintain the graphics part of my channel :/

EDIT: After playing more of the map, I have come to realize that this is the best themeless/storyless parkour map I have ever played so far. I have played Minecraft for 2-3 years now and I never knew about the door glitch!

Wow, I didn't expect such good feedback right away!  That really means a lot!
Posted Image

pocoroco
  • Minecraft: pocoroco

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

So much raging!

It's such a nice map, but stage 99 was a bit too hard .________.

Posted Image

Spudzaiah

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Skydoesminecraft is playing this looks awesome Gona download

Sayeedur
    Sayeedur

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostThe Sketch, on 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Thank you!  Tell me how you like it and any issues you run into.  This is the first version, so there's bound to be something wrong with it.

Your signature!!!

MinecraftBros9699
  • Minecraft: Rriity96

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Altough im only in lvl 36, I thin the map is awesome! I really like the tips accros the map and the interactive signs, it feels like someone is actually playing with you :D I did rage quit a couple of time (with the fences the most ;) ) but its still a fun map! :D you can see hard work was put on this! Here are diamonds for you!Posted Image Posted Image

I currently dont have a signature! :P

The Sketch
    The Sketch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1084 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostSpudzaiah, on 02 February 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Skydoesminecraft is playing this looks awesome Gona download

Holy... Well, that didn't take long!  Updated the OP with the video!

Edit: I think I'm going to put an adfly link up.  Just in case.
Posted Image

Backahkhiin
  • Minecraft: Backstay

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

AntVenom would love this.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling in his eyes.
Mreh, I just like cake.

CheeckyWhisker101
    CheeckyWhisker101

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: iCalumDR

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

This map is j-j-ju-ju-ju-just... AMAZING :D
Posted Image

monkJ
    monkJ

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: monkJ

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Awesome map! The parkour is really fun and challenging. Great work Posted Image
Trying to figure out how to put a certain signature XD

likeablejake

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Good Job Dude Your maps are amazing Posted Image
-Jake
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support Minecon Canada

The Sketch
    The Sketch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1084 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thank you for all of the positive feedback!  Just a few things:

- If you run into any bugs or balancing issues, I would appreciate it if you would tell me so I can fix it and improve the map.

- I don't have experience with making banners, so if someone could put one together for this map, that would be great!  I'll make sure to give you credit in the signature if you do.
Posted Image

likeablejake

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Ok 2 Things
1. I found some of the stages doesnt have ladders
2. I'll make you a Banner :D

The Sketch
    The Sketch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1084 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

So... Mediafire, the site I used to upload this map, only updates its download counter about three times a day.

About five hours ago, the download count was at 200.

It just updated, and now? 2,243.

I guess I can thank Sky for that.  I did NOT expect this.  Thanks everyone!
Posted Image

Le11onK
    Le11onK

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Minecraft: LeonKersten

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Awesome Map!!  It is very useful for people to get much better at parkour.

Also I have decided to make a lets plays about this map. Hopefully you will enjoy it and it is very much appreciated when you can put it in your post. Currently I only have episode 1 but more are coming soon.

Loganhamilton98

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postowlgrandecity, on 02 February 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

emergerd its owl grand city hahahaha i wouldnt mind watching you play it Posted Image

im considering recording this as i just recorded epic jump map sprint edition from bodil40 and that was pretty cool but i most probably wont as i want to play it right away hahaha

Eriksen
    Eriksen

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

This looks cool, gonna give it a try in a Now :D