• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Mazukl
    Mazukl

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Here's a few screenshots of a basic Nether Hub design of mine. One wing holds ten bays, each with a decent amount of space for players to personalise as they see fit. The wing can easily be copied to the other side of the portal room/space to double the overall capacity. It fits in the top of the Nether and with the recent addition of a Nether Brick crafting recipe is not that resource intensive.

It isn't terribly elaborate, but it's practical and offers some scope for customisation, be it aesthetic or otherwise. With that in mind I thought it was worth putting out there, maybe spark an idea or two.

Not that I expect any, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask... I might even answer them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Gothav
    Gothav

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Minecraft: ifesome

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

It is kinda nice looking but how exactly is it practical? Is it more practical than a normal room with a portal would be? Explain.

:)

Mazukl
    Mazukl

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostGothav, on 31 January 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

It is kinda nice looking but how exactly is it practical? Is it more practical than a normal room with a portal would be? Explain.

Posted Image

I just mean in the context of a server with a decent number of players there's little that can go awry. When a hub is compact and there is clear visual representation of who each bay/track belongs to then people will likely get to where they need to go as quickly as possible. Practical, in a base sort of way.

Of course you're right in regard to single player worlds, compared to a room with a portal this is wholly unnecessary and wildly impractical! I probably should have been clearer on where this might be deemed useful.