Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rachel_Ann
  • Minecraft: Rachel_Ann

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yea so I'm running Pixelmon 1.9.6 & it requires said forge version. I unzip Pixelmon into .minecraft then go to minecraft.jar, delete META-IN folder and extract the forge.zip into the minecraft.jar.

So I'm done right? Only when I run Minecraft.... nothing happens. As in it loads Minecraft normally with no forge installed at all. Like I never did anything.

So come on, where have I gone wrong?

BTW I'm installing this because its required on a server I want to play on. I'm not running the server. All client side.
--------------------------
The Return of Rachel_Ann

Register or log in to remove.

MImperial_Gold

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

You might have Mod Loader installed, which if you do you have to delete it.  You might also have other mods that are messing with Pixelmon.  I don't really know a lot about mods since I just came I just came across this trying to find a tutorial for Pixelmon download.  But tell me if this helps.

kipper147
  • Minecraft: kipper147

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Make sure that you install forge first.  With my experience, forge is a little iffy if you try to install mods before it.  Also, I'm pretty sure that TMI and NEI don't work with pixelmon.  That may be a different mod that I'm thinking of, but I know that I read that a popular mod didn't work with those two add-ons.  Good luck!

ozzymud
    ozzymud

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Minecraft: Ozzymud

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

and make sure you're launching minecraft locally and not from the web browser

Posted Image