• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

LockeXXV
    LockeXXV

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hello.  I've been playing Minecraft for a long time now, but I'm fairly new to the whole "hosting thing."  After the holidays, my nephew and a few buddies have gotten into Minecraft and I was asked to host a server.

While I have minimal experience with Bukkit, I have so far preferred to use the regular standard "vanilla" server program.  Bukkit kept "rebuilding" things that we would destroy, though it may have been a plugin error.

Anyway, in the last few days I've been looking to slightly expand our experience.  We really love our world and would like to continue using that.  However, there are one or two things we were hoping for to increase our experience all while really keeping, for the most part, the "vanilla" feel of the game.

1.  We would really like some aircrafts, preferably ones that could realistically be created within a "vanilla" minecraft (we're not talking B2 Bombers, but more like.. wooden airplanes, like a Sopwith Camel or something old fashioned - even hang gliders, anything that fits the setting).  We just want these for transportation, nothing with guns or anything too futuristic.  Does anything exist like this (using the current version of Minecraft) for a vanilla server setup, or perhaps Bukkit?

2.  In same way, there is also interest in something that expands upon boats in Minecraft.  Nothing terribly fancy, but it would be neat to be able to craft larger boats, maybe like pirate ships/large wooden ships.  Again, does anything like this exist for current version Minecraft on the vanilla setup, or perhaps Bukkit?

3.  Something that doesn't drastically change/harm the current mapping system (one of my buddies is really into cartography on Minecraft) but perhaps adds to it by having a HUD or something easier accessed?  I am familiar with Dynamap and successfully implemented that for a Bukkit server, but does anything like this exist for a Vanilla setup?

Again, this is more or less asking for a way or a means to do this with Minecraft's Vanilla Server program.  If NOTHING is possible with that, that would also be welcomed information.  I have very small experience with Bukkit but enough that I know I can set it up.  What I do NOT know is if the plugins or modifications I am looking for exist (I've searched without too much luck).  We're aiming to expand our vanilla experience but only by a small bit.  I think the existence of a small "build your own plane that flies somewhat slow" would be more than enough, and I find the possibility of being an actual seafaring pirate on Minecraft even more interesting.  The inclusion of a somewhat improved map display would also be very welcomed.

If any of this is possible outside of the vanilla server program or Bukkit, are there useful and stable programs that DO have this stuff available?  I would love to hear about it.  Posted Image

Thank you very much.  I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Register or log in to remove.

TheITGS
    TheITGS

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2575 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

You should install mods then. (How to install mods - guide)

For the planes I suggest the Flan's Simple Parts mod. It adds lots of planes and vehicles.
For the mapping I suggest the Rei's Minimap mod. It adds a minimap. Of course you can disable it from the menu.

Posted Image

LockeXXV
    LockeXXV

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Thanks.  I attempted this several times.. there seems to be a lot of conflict with Minecraft 1.4.7 and the current version(s) of FML (required for Flan's).  It took a version that was a few steps earlier to get it to run for me, and when it finally did, it caused my computer to crash with BSOD errors related to processor and memory dump - something that occurred on two computers I tried this on.  I can verify that I was able to follow the instructions for installing FML and Flan's Flight Mod to a T, on fresh installs of Minecraft using fresh minecraft.jar and minecraft_server.jar files.

So I guess my next question is this:

Are there any CraftBukkit mods for 1.4.7 that support air crafts?