Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

LAN with one Account Mod

lan one account multiplayer mod

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

TheRandomBox115

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I recently ran into a problem while trying to play multiplayer LAN minecraft with my brother.  We share one account to play so when logging in to a lan server I always get the duplicate username problem so I can't connect.

To solve this I changed two of the classes so now I can login with only one username. For instance, if someone with username "noobSlayer" is connected, logging in again from another location with the same account would spawn the player as "noobSlayer(1)" similar to multiplayer on xbox live.

I thought I might share this mod here since it seems that nobody else has found a solution to this problem yet (or at least I couldn't find one).

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me in improving and debugging this.

Put this in the jar of the lan host: https://www.dropbox....x5qo/LANmod.zip

By the way this is for minecraft 1.4.7

Register or log in to remove.

Darkhax
    Darkhax

Haxor Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 4070 posts
  • Minecraft: darkhax

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostTheRandomBox115, on 30 January 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

I recently ran into a problem while trying to play multiplayer LAN minecraft with my brother.  We share one account to play so when logging in to a lan server I always get the duplicate username problem so I can't connect.

To solve this I changed two of the classes so now I can login with only one username. For instance, if someone with username "noobSlayer" is connected, logging in again from another location with the same account would spawn the player as "noobSlayer(1)" similar to multiplayer on xbox live.

I thought I might share this mod here since it seems that nobody else has found a solution to this problem yet (or at least I couldn't find one).

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me in improving and debugging this.

Put this in the jar of the lan host: https://www.dropbox....x5qo/LANmod.zip

By the way this is for minecraft 1.4.7

Hey, I would recommend you put this into the mods section. Also include some screenshots if you want people to download the modification.

Posted Image