• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

is there anyway to make auto-aiming turret in minecraft ?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Mranth0ny62
  • Minecraft: anth0ny62

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I want to make the maps from ratchet & clank 3 but I need to make turret to protect the main base but Is there anyway to make this in minecraft ?

at first, I was wondering if I could increase the skeleton's firing rate with a filter, because then I could make them go very fast, deal very low damage and make them have a lot of HP but I can't find any filter for it Posted Image

here's a picture of the base in-game (the turret are the balls on the edges of the base) :

Spoiler:

\/ CLICK ON THE BANNER! QUICK! \/
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

AkaSquirticus
  • Minecraft: Squirtdude

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

It's called a trapped skeleton.

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

The problem with the skeletons is that they will try to kill everybody in range, that's annoying :(
also I don't know if we can increase skeleton's range

Posted Image

Dom2011
    Dom2011

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

you can use dispensers and pistons to make the turret and move it with the pistons from a control room, but you will waste pistons, you can also use a lot of dispensers and make a control room with a lot of bouttons and put a clock to each dispenser do it shoots 10 arrows per time...

UK_Legend
  • Minecraft: xUK_Legendx

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Dispensers can't be moved by pistons I don't think, you could use snowgolems although they're biome limited and don't deal damage but you could use them to lure mobs into a lava moat or something

For something with a little more boom ACTennisAC (youtuber) made a direction controllable creeper cannon but it's limited and requires manual aim

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostDom2011, on 30 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

you can use dispensers and pistons to make the turret and move it with the pistons from a control room, but you will waste pistons, you can also use a lot of dispensers and make a control room with a lot of bouttons and put a clock to each dispenser do it shoots 10 arrows per time...

dispenser can't be pushed by piston and I don't want to get a row of 10 dispensers :(

View PostUK_Legend, on 30 January 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Dispensers can't be moved by pistons I don't think, you could use snowgolems although they're biome limited and don't deal damage but you could use them to lure mobs into a lava moat or something

I can use Sethbling's SetBiome filter but maybe there's a way to make them deal damage

View PostUK_Legend, on 30 January 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

For something with a little more boom ACTennisAC (youtuber) made a direction controllable creeper cannon but it's limited and requires manual aim

that's the problem :(

but I think I could use arrow spawner and modify them so that they can spawn a lot of arrow, I'll test it

Posted Image

UK_Legend

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Only problem with that is without an ingame NBTeditor controlling the arrow spawners would become a drag, if you just use a 1-time set then then it will only work when you're around (not sure if this is for a mini-game or SMP, just assuming SSP)

The other problem is, arrows are entities and after so many have been fired the FPS will drop though it does take a while with arrows it can cause FPS drops on lower end computers

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostUK_Legend, on 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Only problem with that is without an ingame NBTeditor controlling the arrow spawners would become a drag, if you just use a 1-time set then then it will only work when you're around (not sure if this is for a mini-game or SMP, just assuming SSP)

it's a SMP minigame and the turret will see you only when you're in range (I think 20 block)

Posted Image

xxGUNMAN24xx

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I dont know but go to sethbling

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostxxGUNMAN24xx, on 30 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I dont know but go to sethbling

Done, I've send him a tweet, let's wait ! ...........

Posted Image

nl4l1f3
    nl4l1f3

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

make a spawner of arrows?

get ur bow ready shoot an arrow close fast. open mc edit. edit entetie movement properties. create spawner. clone and ur done?
Posted Image

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postnl4l1f3, on 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

make a spawner of arrows?

get ur bow ready shoot an arrow close fast. open mc edit. edit entetie movement properties. create spawner. clone and ur done?

I want you to be able to destroy it by shootin it but I saw on minecraftwiki that dinnerbone said that he will add minecart with dispenser and minecart with mob spawner, I might use them if they come out in the next snapshot :D

Posted Image

UK_Legend

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Ender crystals can blow up spawners when shot, if that's any help though spawning an ender crystal in through a spawn egg got patched I believe.

There is a way to edit a spawner to spawn them though (in-game)

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostUK_Legend, on 30 January 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Ender crystals can blow up spawners when shot, if that's any help though spawning an ender crystal in through a spawn egg got patched I believe.

There is a way to edit a spawner to spawn them though (in-game)

yeah but you will destroy them in one shoot but thats a possible way of doing it

Posted Image

MineCreepier

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Best auto turret is probably a trapped Skelton using slabs
Posted Image

Mranth0ny62

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostMranth0ny62, on 30 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

The problem with the skeletons is that they will try to kill everybody in range, that's annoying Posted Image
also I don't know if we can increase skeleton's range

Posted Image

rtm55982468
  • Minecraft: myguy200

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

i would suggest a wall infront of dspensers and a spider  and tripwire under
Posted Image

Reflex_Donutz
  • Minecraft: Reflex_Donutz
  • Xbox:Reflex Frozen

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

alot of dispensers and command blocks with the /testfor command in it and put something like this "testfor @p[100,23,-135,r=1]" Then whenever somebody is in those coordinates it emits a redstone signal when u put a comparator next to it. make that redstone signal go to the dispenser aiming at those coords and there u go. It's not excactly an auto-aim turret, but the dispensers will only shoot if the target is in sight.

Dom2011
    Dom2011

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostReflex_Donutz, on 31 January 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

alot of dispensers and command blocks with the /testfor command in it and put something like this "testfor @p[100,23,-135,r=1]" Then whenever somebody is in those coordinates it emits a redstone signal when u put a comparator next to it. make that redstone signal go to the dispenser aiming at those coords and there u go. It's not excactly an auto-aim turret, but the dispensers will only shoot if the target is in sight.
best idea so far.

quadrupedal_pink_equine

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostAkaSquirticus, on 29 January 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

It's called a trapped skeleton.

that's about the only thing that'd work that would actually turn, I don't think any design would differentiate between teams. Best you could do is give one team projectile protection 10 on all their armor and the arrows wouldn't hurt them (but player arrows wouldn't either!)

I know assigning each team an xp level worked in some designs to make redstone that noticed teams, but how you'd make a turret for that, I have no idea.