• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.7/1.5.1][ThaumCraft3][Essentia Everything 2.3.2c] KeyBored Industries TC3 Addons

essentia aspects configurable forge thaumcraft thaumcraft 3

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwertygiy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Introduction
Spoiler:

Don't have TC3 already? DOWNLOAD IT!

Essentia Everything Add-on

This addon has two major features. Firstly, it automatically adds support for all ores, nuggets, ingots, and dusts registered with Forge's Ore Dictionary. Secondly, it adds the ability to add or adjust aspects for just about anything, vanilla or modded. It comes with partial fully-configurable mod support (including ExtraBiomes, Ars Magica, Metallurgy 2, and Factorization) and you can add your own files however you wish.

Download: Version 2.3.2b (current, for 1.4.7) Mediafire Download | Source Code

Version 2.3.2c (beta, for 1.5.1) Mediafire Download | Preconfigured Aspect Files

Old Versions:

Installation: Install it in the /mods folder, the same as you did for ThaumCraft 3.

Usage: The mod will generate a subfolder of the /config directory in your .minecraft folder, "KBI ThaumCraft3 Addon". Inside it, it will generate several default configuration files for mod support. You can also add however many files you wish, as long as you end them with .txt or .cfg. Here's an example:

I:"Number of Values"=8
S:Value1=Red Rock; ROCK; 2
S:Value2=Tiny Cactus; WEAPON; 1; PLANT; 2
S:Value3=Root; WOOD; 1
S:Value4=Toad Stool; Fungus; 4
S:Value5=itemDye:4; Messis; 2
S:Value6=BROWN GRASS; WIND; 1; PLANT; 1
S:Value7=8973:14; plant; 1
S:Value8=ingotSteel; Metallum; 10

Adjust the Number of Values to however many you need. Then, add the item's name or ID, followed by the aspects you wish to add, in one of the following formats:

"Proper Name; Aspect 1 Proper Name; Aspect 1 Amount; Aspect 2 Proper Name; Aspect 2 Amount"
"inGameCodeName; Aspect 1 English Name; Aspect 1 Amount; Aspect 2 Proper Name; Aspect 2 Amount"
"ItemID:Metadata; Aspect 1 PRoPer NAme; Aspect 1 Amount; Aspect 2 ENgLISh NAmE; Aspect 2 Amount"
"inGameCodeName:Metadata; Aspect 1 EnGliSh NaMe; Aspect 1 Amount; Aspect 2 PrOpEr NaMe; Aspect 2 Amount"

It should support up to 5 aspects per item. If you add any more than that, it may not read any of the Aspects.

INCOMPATIBILITIES: Crash has been resolved with Ars Magica; they should work together fine now. It may not work for certain RedPower 2 items or blocks because Eloraam hardcoded it to cause a crash in certain instances.

There appears to be a bug when installed alongside both RedPower 2 and Universal Electricity. This does not always happen, and seems to involve at least one other unknown mod, perhaps Wireless Redstone and/or Metallurgy. I am looking into this but can't replicate it on my setup.

There is also a potential incompatibility with Divine RPG, which appears to involve either me or them using Mod.Instance incorrectly. And if it's me, I can't see how.

A recent update to Magical Crops: Beta has stopped Essences from working properly. Until I can work out a fix for this, you'll have to craft them into blocks or bricks to get aspects.

BUG REPORTS: Whenever you're reporting a bug/crash, make sure to post, inside spoiler tags, any aspect configuration file that you have modified, as well as your ForgeLog.

Also, read these fixes!

Spoiler:

DEFAULT COMPATIBILITIES: These are the mods I have added default configuration for.

Spoiler:

WANTED COMPATIBILITIES: If you feel like sitting down and being a mad Thaumaturgist, scribbling down aspects for more items, here's some mods that I would like aspects for but haven't gotten around to yet!

SnatchNL said:

Just to get an general overview of who doing what, here is a list.
In Progress - Done

SnatchNL: DupleCraft, IC2
Cocofang: Railcraft
Kharcha: MineChem
Johnburt3rd: EquivalentExchange 3, Ars Magica
Luke616: Metallurgy 2, Biomes 'O' Plenty

Let's keep this as organised as possible to avoid doing the same stuff multiple times
If you want to contribute by adding a mod please post here.

Spoiler:

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

CREDITS AND THANKS:
Qwertygiy -- Programmer; OreDictionary support; initial Metallurgy 2 support; ExtraBiomesXL support; MystCraft support; SoulShards support; and just about anything that isn't listed as done by someone else
Mysty -- For giving me something worth doing besides playing or coding Minecraft all day, thus keeping me from wearing myself out too badly on this alone and giving up on modding for weeks or months
Jacob_ -- For introducing me to Minecraft and Java. (Check out his website in my signature!)
Azanor -- The ThaumCraft 3 API, ThaumCraft 3 itself, and just plain being an awesome super-genius ray-gun-holding spaghetti alien squid jellyfish thing
Block_Splicer -- suggesting Factorization support
Rossmallo -- suggesting Magical Crops support, and also holding the dragon world record for cake consumption
SnatchNL -- DupleCraft support, and also being a great thread helper
Kharcha -- MineChem support
Johnburt3rd -- Ars Magica support, and EquivalentExchange 3 support
Theutus -- Mo' Creatures support
Luke616 -- Additional Metallurgy 2 support
cpw, LexManos, and the rest of the Forge dev team -- for making Minecraft Forge and the thousands of intercompatible mods possible
Notch, Jeb, Dinnerbone, and the rest of Mojang -- for Minecraft itself. Posted Image

LICENSING: You're free to do whatever the heck you want with my code or my mod. Put it in a modpack, distribute it with your server, whatever, as long as you do not claim it as your own work. A mention of my name would be preferred. Note that this does not apply to ThaumCraft 3 itself, which I have no control over and claim no rights to. Read Azanor's license in the TC3 thread.
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

Register or log in to remove.

Rossmallo

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Confirmed, Ars Magicka works just fine with this. Very highly reccomended mod.
Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:

Posted Image

over40activemods

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

oh man, I cant wait until other people add support for like IC2 and stuff

SnatchNL
    SnatchNL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

This is awesome, i have a lot of items in my MC which don't have any Essentia in them
and if we all contribute to this we can make it one huge config file which supports most of the major mods in no time

Which mods does it currently support already except EBXL & Factorizaton?

Block_Splicer
  • Minecraft: Block_Splicer

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

SnatchNl: Redpower, Magical Crops, Buildcraft, Ore dictionary, and Mystcraft

Qwertygiy: somehow it doesn't register sludge, dark iron, and a few other things from Factorization for me.  I haven't crashed and everything works fine.  I also forgot a suggesetion, Soul Shards, specifically it's corrupt metal.  Well off to go get thaumic bees/forestry, and you did a great job with this.
I left the enderman to observe and emulate the steves, I want to know more about them.  Wish me luck.

SnatchNL
    SnatchNL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostBlock_Splicer, on 29 January 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

SnatchNl: Redpower, Magical Crops, Buildcraft, Ore dictionary, and Mystcraft

Qwertygiy: somehow it doesn't register sludge, dark iron, and a few other things from Factorization for me.  I haven't crashed and everything works fine.  I also forgot a suggesetion, Soul Shards, specifically it's corrupt metal.  Well off to go get thaumic bees/forestry, and you did a great job with this.
It's because the configs aren't fully configured. But like i said if we can all chip in a little to create configs for all the major mods we will have them in no time.
Takes a little bit of work but it pays off in the end.

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Damn, RP is making it crash ):

Azanor
    Azanor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1525 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alexey5555
  • Minecraft: Alexey5555

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Nice Mod! Thanks, Good job Qwertygiy!

Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostBlock_Splicer, on 29 January 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

That's my fault, sorry. Change the Number of Values to 30 or 40 (however many I've written into Factorization.cfg) instead of 10. That's totally my fault for messing that up. You also might have to add a space in Diamond Shards.

View Postmoonra, on 29 January 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

Damn, RP is making it crash ):

If you can send me a crash log, that would be great. I thought I fixed it, but it seems not. You see, what the addon does to find the proper name of items is basically going up to the item and asking, "Hey, I'm looking for a guy named Bob. What's your name?" And normally, that item will either say, "No, sorry, my name's Fred. My full name is fredStevensonTheThird." and the addon will say "Okay" and move on to the next item, or the item will say "I don't exist! (giggle)" and the addon will say "Okay" and move on to the next item, or the item will say "I don't have a name." and the addon will say "Okay" and move on to the next item, or the item will say "Yes, my name's Bob!" and the addon will say "Yay!" and will hand Bob some aspect values.

But RedPower doesn't like that. When my addon goes up to it and says "Hey, I'm looking for a guy named Bob. What's your name?" the RedPower item yells "I DON'T GOT NO NAME!!" and punches the addon in the face, knocking it out.

Some of you may be wondering why the thread title is addons, plural. The reason is, I am considering making a few other addons. They're totally in the theoretical stage at the moment, and I'm not completely sure I can do them, but what I'm thinking about is something like this.

Why does only ThaumCraft 3 stuff have to be researched to be used? Why not have to research IndustrialCraft2 stuff? Or RedPower2 stuff? Or MystCraft books?

Posted Image
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

SnatchNL
    SnatchNL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

In theory it would be possible to just take an NEI Item dump and use those names for the configs?
In stead of using the item ID number, then it would be compatible for everyone right?
Just checking if i'm understanding things correctly.

Then i'll maybe start configuring IC2 this weekend.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostSnatchNL, on 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

In theory it would be possible to just take an NEI Item dump and use those names for the configs?
In stead of using the item ID number, then it would be compatible for everyone right?
Just checking if i'm understanding things correctly.

NEI works in complicated ways, and although I highly recommend it for everyone, I don't wish to add it as a dependency for this. And I'm pretty sure it gets the names the same ways I do, via the StatCollector and the LanguageRegistry. As long as an item isn't hardcoded to intentionally cause a crash when the proper name can't be returned (like RedPower does) then there should be no issues. And as a last resort, there's always itemid:metadata format.

View PostSnatchNL, on 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Then i'll maybe start configuring IC2 this weekend.

I'd appreciate that :) I haven't played with IC2 in a year, because it just seems so imbalanced to me now, but the addon should still work with it, of course. I'm no FlowerChild ;)

Cocofang
    Cocofang

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

This is nearly as good as thaumcraft itself Posted Image

edit:

I guess I'll be doing alot of those configs, considering that this is finally a way to help with haumcraft (although i would much prefer to help design a betetr Golem system :P)

Started doing a Railcraft Config.

Metal Posts, All creosote containers and Coal coke and stuff being on its way.

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostQwertygiy, on 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

If you can send me a crash log, that would be great. I thought I fixed it, but it seems not. You see, what the addon does to find the proper name of items is basically going up to the item and asking, "Hey, I'm looking for a guy named Bob. What's your name?" And normally, that item will either say, "No, sorry, my name's Fred. My full name is fredStevensonTheThird." and the addon will say "Okay" and move on to the next item, or the item will say "I don't exist! (giggle)" and the addon will say "Okay" and move on to the next item, or the item will say "I don't have a name." and the addon will say "Okay" and move on to the next item, or the item will say "Yes, my name's Bob!" and the addon will say "Yay!" and will hand Bob some aspect values.

But RedPower doesn't like that. When my addon goes up to it and says "Hey, I'm looking for a guy named Bob. What's your name?" the RedPower item yells "I DON'T GOT NO NAME!!" and punches the addon in the face, knocking it out.

Why does only ThaumCraft 3 stuff have to be researched to be used? Why not have to research IndustrialCraft2 stuff? Or RedPower2 stuff? Or MystCraft books?

Posted Image

Ah ha ha I'm glad I'm not the only person that describes the way programs work like that.

I'd love to have to research other stuff, it makes sense that it would have to happen, hopefully you could add a "Technonomicon" for us to "store" that research in.

SirusKing
  • Minecraft: SirusKing

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

­ yeah!
Now i can fix that TC3 Exploit from Harvest craft while Pam's having her Kidney stone >.<

View PostAkulaMak, on 29 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'd love to have to research other stuff, it makes sense that it would have to happen, hopefully you could add a "Technonomicon" for us to "store" that research in.

Perhaps just to store a record of what items have what symbols? That would be sooooo handy :3
Posted Image

SirusKing
  • Minecraft: SirusKing

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostQwertygiy, on 29 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I haven't played with IC2 in a year, because it just seems so imbalanced to me now
2 Words.
GREGTECH MWUAHAHAHAH
Posted Image

heffroncm
    heffroncm

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 195 posts
  • Minecraft: HeffronCM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hrmm. A diamond from Azanor. Now I must learn more about this add-on.

Alexey5555
  • Minecraft: Alexey5555

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hey. This Is Not Cool.
Addon Is Cool.
But it killed redstone aspects... (becouse i think its in forgre Ore Dictionary)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kharcha
    Kharcha

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Minecraft: Kharcha

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

yesss! very nice. I'll be looking into minechem to get some values assigned to it's component atoms and (some, i'll need to see how far I get) compounds.

Posted Image

Motionless_Shade
  • Minecraft: Motionless_Shade

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Spoiler:
i'm assuming that everything loaded properly and won't bork my saves?
i just want to get some help before i load up my world and have it permanently broken...
Join Warframe and help save the universe!

https://warframe.com...a4d80586d000002