• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Drinks

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

MinecraftiaFTW

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I think that I have a good idea for Minecraft but I need to now if the community like it, so if you could leave some feedback that would be much apprieciated!!

Tropical Biome

First of all I think there should be a new biome called the Tropical Biome that is like a desert but instead of sand there is grass and instead of cactus there could be tropical crops.
FOR EXAMPLE:
  • Cocoa Beans
  • Coffee Beans
  • Tea Leaves
Tea

The first drink I'm going to introduce is Tea. You would use the Tea Leaves and a bucket of water to make Cold Tea, which would heal 1 heart. Then you could put the Cold Tea in a furnace to make Tea which would heal 2 hearts.

Coffee

The next drink would be coffee which is basically the same as Tea. The only difference is that you don't use Tea Leaves, you use Coffee Beans. Also drinking coffee gives you a 25 second sprint boost (you know, because of the caffeine)

Chocolate

The final drink or drinks, are Chocolate Milkshake and Hot Chocolate. Chocolate Milkshake is made by combining Cocoa Beans, a Bucket of Milk and Sugar, this would heal 2 hearts. Then if you put Hot Chocolate in a furnace you get Hot Chocolate which gives you 3 hearts, or 4 hearts in a snow biome.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ZachIsSoAwesomlyAnazing

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

So this is a new biome and drinks? Detail the biome more, the drinks look nice.

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Never really seen Minecraft as a "drinks" game apart from potions. The drinks healing you is a bad idea, because this is what health potions are for.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

Malatak1a
    Malatak1a

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 307 posts

I think there should be more drinks. Maybe different types of smoothies and milkshakes? Add bananna trees? Maybe barley and alchohol (barley --> alchohol) so you can make "adult" drinks maybe? I think that drinks could be a good addition to minecraft, but try to expand on it.

Sir_Senture
  • Minecraft: Sir_Sentor

Well thought, but no support. we already have enough warm temperated biomes: Desert, Savanna,Jungle
Also the drinks idea are just weaked down versions from brewing. And cacao drink is old topic...

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostMalatak1a, on 28 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

I think there should be more drinks. Maybe different types of smoothies and milkshakes? Add bananna trees? Maybe barley and alch-
Uhhhh no. No thanks.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

Leftypower123
  • Minecraft: Leftypower123

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Nice idea, but I don't really see the need. We have potions for healing. No support I'm afraid.

-Lefty
I can't make your bed rock. Cuz it's unminable.

MinecraftiaFTW

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Right guys thanks for the feedback I will take this into account and try to improve on my idea a little bit!
Posted Image

ratelslangen
  • Location: if you read this and i just posted it. im probebly on the interwebz.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

No support, it is hard enough to keep yourself fed in minecraft, let alone being forced to drink all the time.
Posted Image

MinecraftiaFTW

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

You wouldn't have to drink, it would be for hunger like food
Posted Image

orangelizardboy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Then if you put Hot Chocolate in a furnace you get Hot Chocolate which gives you 3 hearts, or 4 hearts in a snow biome?
What you mean put a milkshake in a furnace right?

Also when you put cold or other stuff in the furnace with a bucket does the bucket go with it or does it leave a bucket behind?

Sorry no support, good idea you just need to fix it a bit

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Minecraft: e2727

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Good idea, poorly executed. Just make them new foods, w/o all the new biomes. Tea leaves in jungles or forests, combined with a WATER BOTTLE to heal some hunger. Same for all else, perhaps utilize bowls too.

Posted Image

Pixelpain

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Wishlist. No support
Posted Image

dracodraco100

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostMinecraftiaFTW, on 28 January 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

First of all I think there should be a new biome called the Tropical Biome that is like a desert but instead of sand there is grass and instead of cactus there could be tropical crops.
No offense, but isn't that like saying the plains biome is like a desert but with grass and plants?
No support, for the reasons outlined above.
Posted Image

Globex Leader said:

If I can't launch the nukes, I'll walk them there myself!(Strike Force Heroes 2)

Kilyle
    Kilyle

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1268 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

This idea needs to be developed more.  And your description of the Tropical Biome leaves me scratching my head.  It sounds to me like you're saying "the Jungle biome, but flat like a desert and with no trees"... is that correct or am I way off?

Firstly, despite advanced in redstone technology and such, Minecraft is still mostly a non-modern game.  Can you imagine going to an inn during the Middle Ages and ordering a milkshake?  However, coffee and tea are ancient, and therefore would be fine.

I think I remember learning that one of the first uses of chocolate as a drink was in South America, but it was salted, not sugared, and would've tasted very different from anything like hot chocolate.  Might be better for the Millenaire mod.  Still, I support the expansion of cocoa beans into something... though I'm not sure cocoa is necessarily the way to go.  (Note: Villagers ought to buy cocoa beans.  They're exotic goods.  I'd love to see a "trader" or "merchant" villager who likes to be supplied with unusual goods, such as cocoa beans, mushrooms, and lapis lazuli.)

Secondly, you should be required to make Hot Water in order to craft either Tea or Coffee.  Perhaps it's time to move from the bucket to some sort of pot or tea kettle?  Actually... I think it'd be cool to have a Stove block that you could place a Pot or Kettle on (in my head, it looks something like the flower pot for size), and the Pot or Kettle becomes an interface like the furnace or brewing stand.  You can add ingredients (such as water) and watch when they heat up.  I haven't thought about this longer than a minute, so I don't have more details, but it sounds worth developing... and in addition to making the kitchen a bit more realistic, it'd allow us to craft some additional food of some sort.

Thirdly, I'm not sure what effect the tea and coffee ought to have.  They shouldn't be "the easy potion" but perhaps they could act somewhat like food.  If Minecraft ever gets a temperature management system (I'm much in favor of this, but it must be optional - you can turn it off via the Options Menu), then tea and coffee could be a fast way to get from a low temperature back to normal.

But yeah, think about this and develop it a bit better, and we'll see where you get with it.

Theriasis
    Theriasis

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostMinecraftiaFTW, on 29 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

You wouldn't have to drink, it would be for hunger like food
Then we'll just stick to food. We don't need to throw in drinks to fill hunger just for the sake of adding it.

Alisonb76

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

That sounds like a great addition to Minecraft. It would be nice to adventure around with a milkshake at hand. ^.^ Great idea! Posted Image
Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew :3

user_837235

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

If drinks fill up a thirst bar, maybe. Water would fill up 1 thirst bar, and you could add water to other foods and it would make a drink that fills more thirst.

brofist789
  • Minecraft: BroFist789

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Maybe there also can be just plain chocolate bars and maybe villagers in a tropical biome plant cocoa beans and tea herbs and coffee beans instead of wheat try to expand more on the new biome. Maybe the jungle biome could be the "tropical" biome

MC_Ideas_God

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

i like the tea and the coffee a little bit i think the chocolate milk is... kinda... lame =(
i've seen things in minecraft man... strange things...