Latest News Article

[1.6.x][SMP][Forge] Mystic Mods -- Looking For A New Developer

mysticmods

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

oitsjustjose
  • Minecraft: oitsjustjose

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I have stepped away from the modding community for a little while as work and college have taken precedence. GotoLink has taken over, and is doing wonderful at underping my code.

Original Content Post [for reference purposes]
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ScorpioDan
  • Minecraft: ScorpioDan

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Sweet! I liked the MysticRPG mod so this is promising :)

Posted Image

oitsjustjose

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostScorpioDan, on 28 January 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Sweet! I liked the MysticRPG mod so this is promising Posted Image

Well thanks! Yeah, I've given up on MysticRPG, I simply don't have the time to do all the things I wanted to do with it

Posted Image

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hhhhmmm, If I remember correctly, there was one other guy who has updated this!

Oh well...

Can you possibly saw us just how big the ruins are?

With a screenshot or something like that, maybe!?!

oitsjustjose

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostAznaktaX, on 28 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hhhhmmm, If I remember correctly, there was one other guy who has updated this!

Oh well...

Can you possibly saw us just how big the ruins are?

With a screenshot or something like that, maybe!?!

Actually, I had updated it before (for 1.4.2) then took it down, and have recently done work with it. As far as ruin sizes, I will be working on great screenshots soon, meanwhile, I suggest you check out the author's original post, they look quite similar.

Posted Image

sheenrox82
  • Minecraft: sheenrox82
  • Xbox:sheenrox82

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hey, mind if I continue MysticRPG? I'm probably going to give it a fresh layer of epicness.

EDIT: I'm going to need the source files, I deleted my download for them. Posted Image

Posted Image

"Nothing is impossible, it's just that you haven't figured out a way to make it work."

xeronut
    xeronut

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yay, I always loved these mods!  Grim updates these mods, but a fresh rewrite using metadata is 10x better.  If I might make a couple suggestions (I was afraid to make any over on his thread, because it looks like he does only straight ports and no enhancements) :

-Slabs & stairs for the planks/bricks and storage blocks for the gems
-A yellowish variant to round out the color spectrum a bit of the different stones/planks (but a rich enough yellow to not be confused with Birch planks)
-Ability to adjust or even disable the spawnrates of the stones/gems
-ThaumCraft values for everything  :)

My apologies if this all sounds demanding right off the bat.  All of these requests save the last one I've been pining for since Axebane dropped it and other people updated it for him.  Thanks for the time!  :)

oitsjustjose

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Postxeronut, on 28 January 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Yay, I always loved these mods!  Grim updates these mods, but a fresh rewrite using metadata is 10x better.  If I might make a couple suggestions (I was afraid to make any over on his thread, because it looks like he does only straight ports and no enhancements) :

-Slabs & stairs for the planks/bricks and storage blocks for the gems
-A yellowish variant to round out the color spectrum a bit of the different stones/planks (but a rich enough yellow to not be confused with Birch planks)
-Ability to adjust or even disable the spawnrates of the stones/gems
-ThaumCraft values for everything  Posted Image

My apologies if this all sounds demanding right off the bat.  All of these requests save the last one I've been pining for since Axebane dropped it and other people updated it for him.  Thanks for the time!  Posted Image

Most of these things were planned, but I like those last 2. I'll take a look @ the thaumcraft API!

Posted Image

xeronut
    xeronut

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

View Postoitsjustjose, on 29 January 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

Most of these things were planned, but I like those last 2. I'll take a look @ the thaumcraft API!
Cool, thank you for taking the time to read this!  :)  Those are definitely the more important ones for me - mod interfunctionality and customization are the most important thing for me, and asking for extra features in hindsight always gives me a sense of consumer remorse in that I feel I'm biting the hand that feeds, ya know?  I'm just happy this is getting a rewrite.. it and SuperSlopes (and Coral Reefs) needed it.

oitsjustjose

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postxeronut, on 29 January 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Cool, thank you for taking the time to read this!  Posted Image  Those are definitely the more important ones for me - mod interfunctionality and customization are the most important thing for me, and asking for extra features in hindsight always gives me a sense of consumer remorse in that I feel I'm biting the hand that feeds, ya know?  I'm just happy this is getting a rewrite.. it and SuperSlopes (and Coral Reefs) needed it.

I'm with you there on everything. The stairs and slabs are going to be difficult- you see, I like using metadata (a LOT) and there's really no easy way of doing that seeing as if I wanted 1 metadata value for each plank slab, each color would have to have 2 metadata values (upside down or normal). Stairs get even more complex as there are angles and directions they can be placed at, but I will take a look at the vanilla code, surely it will help.

Posted Image

Murayama

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Sweet! Thanks for updating. I always enjoyed the stones portion of the mod.

oitsjustjose

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostMurayama, on 29 January 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Sweet! Thanks for updating. I always enjoyed the stones portion of the mod.

It was my pleasure. I very much enjoyed this mod during official release, and felt that it had just a few bugs, so I would do a rewrite to make the best of it!

Posted Image

oitsjustjose

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Updated the download (still V1.0) to fix:

1. Recipes
2. Ruins spawning too frequently
3. Ores dropping Gems with metadata they shouldn't have
4. New Mystic Stones Textures

Posted Image

MUSHROOMSOCK
  • Minecraft: Mushroomsock
  • Xbox:Is Horrible
  • PSN:Is Da Best!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

YAY!
I always wanted these mods but didn't know how to install them! When I learnt how to do it, they where out dated so I couldn't use them!
BTW how do you install?
Posted Image
I would also reccomend that you check out the WIP Primal Craftage Mod: http://www.minecraft...rimal-craftage/

oitsjustjose

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostMUSHROOMSOCK, on 30 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

YAY!
I always wanted these mods but didn't know how to install them! When I learnt how to do it, they where out dated so I couldn't use them!
BTW how do you install?

Install MinecraftForge into the minecraft.jar, then put the .zip file you download into the "mods" folder

Posted Image

Aegon
    Aegon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Will this be server compatible?

Posted Image

RedstoneIsForChumps21

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

What is required to run this? derp.... nevermind. Anyways seems interesting so ill try it. gonna look for other mods too.

oitsjustjose

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostAegon, on 30 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Will this be server compatible?

Already is!

Posted Image

oitsjustjose

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know a bit of progress: added a new yellow stone with all the variations/blocks the other stones have. It is called Travertine as it was the closest thing I could find on the web, HOWEVER if someone has a good name, tell me! Also, I have narrowed down mystic ores to only using 2 block ID's, as well as nerfed soulstone, I felt instead of it dropping multiple items of random chance, it should only drop 1. So now it does. I have also added a few more "advanced" configuration files for ore generation (as well as ruin generation and stone generation), so feel free to play with that (however I give no warranty should you break your PC because you set the Ruin count too high :P ). This update will break old maps (well, really, it'll only slightly break the nether, if you don't care about your nether, just delete it and regenerate a new one), but I plan on this being the ONLY update to "break" things. It should be out tonight/tomorrow!

Posted Image

oitsjustjose

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Also added thaumcraft support, more to come!

Posted Image