plugins administration top plugin best server admin permissions ever 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

kyle_will_eat_u
  • Minecraft: Kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Most essential plugins to run your minecraft server

Version 1.7.2

Greetings minecrafters, I bring you an all new and updated 1.7.2 Version of Best plugins for your server, now renamed The most essential plugins for your server Minecraft version [1.7.2].

Thanks for the 18k Views on this topic and this is why I have decided to come back and update. As before I will give you the links to the plugins I feel are essential to running your server and a brief description of what the plugin does. If you feel that I have missed out an essential plugin for your server then please comment below and tell me why.

If you also think that my information below is wrong or that I am missing something from one of the plugins listed below then also comment, the purpose of this topic is to get the plugins that you think are essential and the only way I can do that is to receive your feedback thanks!

Admin Plugins:
  • bPermissions
    • bPermissions focuses on being unique from the rest of the Permission managers. It's very simple to set up and use, it's lightning fast, fully featured, and has a great support team!
  • Groupmanager
    • Group Manager is a implementation of permissions. It allows you to set up permissions for groups, and add users to these groups. The result is you can have multiple tiers of access to commands. This is useful for most Minecraft servers, as it lets you build a community, without it you struggle to balance the right number of admins with users.
  • PermissionsEx
    • PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.
  • Essentials
    • Essentials offers over 100 commands and features useful on just about every server.

Anti-Griefing Plugins:
  • WorldGuard
    • WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems.Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.
  • AntiCheat
    • AntiCheat helps server admins easily identify and block malicious users by monitoring and analyzing the behavior of your players. AntiCheat will look for tell-tale signs of hacked clients, as well as implement limits into the game so that players cannot gain an advantage by hacking.
  • NoCheatPlus
    • NoCheatPlus attempts to prevent cheat clients from exploiting weaknesses of Minecraft or its protocol, making your server more safe. Checks cover a wide range of issues including flying and speeding, fighting hacks, fast block breaking and nukers, inventory hacks, chat spam and other types of malicious behaviour. For a more complete list have a look at the Features Page.
  • Lockette
    • The purpose of this plugin is to restrict access to the contents of chests, dispensers, furnaces, and doors without the use of a database to track containers.
  • LWC
    • LWC is the longest-lived single block protection plugin that protects both the block itself and contents of Chests, Furnaces, and Dispensers. It can also protect any other blocks, and by default will also protect Doors (Wooden + Iron), Signs and Trap Doors.
  • CoreProtect
    • CoreProtect is a fast, efficient, data logging and anti-griefing tool. Rollback and restore any amount of damage. Designed with large servers in mind, CoreProtect will record and manage data without impacting your server performance.
  • LogBlock
    • LogBlock is a tool which allows you to keep track of almost everything on your server, while also giving you the ability to rollback (revert) or redo changes made by users and natural occurrences such as liquid flow or leaf decay. Additionally, LogBlock is able to log and rollback chest contents, sign text and more!
  • Grief Prevention
    • PREVENTS all forms of grief, including build/break, theft, spam, fire, spawn camping, lava, and treetops, so you don't have to rollback! No configuration or database required! Stop responding to grief and prevent it instead. Grief Prevention will solve your grief problems without requiring you to manage a large roster of trained administrators, juggle 10 different anti-grief plugins, take away cool standard game features, publish a manual, or add a pile of explanatory signs to your world.
  • Anti X-Ray
    • Basically, players are limited in the amount of valuable ores they can mine, based on their play time on the server. Legitimate, non-cheating players probably won't notice because the default limits are generous, but xrayers will be blocked from mining ore too quickly.

Chat Plugins:
  • AutoMessage
    • AutoMessage is an easy to use chat scheduler plugin. It is a plugin perfect for server admins who would like to announce broadcasts at configurable intervals. The plugin features a rich in-game config editor as well as the ability to edit the config from the disk.
  • Herochat
    • Herochat's primary purpose is to make player chat on large servers both manageable and readable. Each chat channel provides a chatroom for channel members to discuss in without broadcasting messages to everyone on the server at once. Players can be in multiple channels at once but can only have one active or focused channel that they speak in at a time.
  • LegendaryMessages
    • LegendaryMessages is a plugin that will display all kinds of messages and is 100% customizable!!! It can handle things from login messages to Messages of the day to Auto Messages and you dont need to use all the features as it is customizable.
  • NoSwear
    • Hate users swearing in your server? Intimidating other users with foul language? Well this is the perfect plugin for you, If the player uses a swear word you can choose what you would like to do to the user after all their warnings are gone, (Warn, kick, ban).
  • ChatGuard
    • This plugin protects your server from flood, spam, caps and swearwords. You can configure list of swearwords, punishments and the number of warnings after which the player will be punished.
  • ZavAutoMessager
    • Welcome to ZavAutoMessager for Bukkit! This plugin is built to allow you to send automatic messages to people in game. This plugin was built to be simple and lightweight. It has an extremely simple config and set-up.

Economy Plugins:
  • Vault
    • Vault is a Permissions, Chat, & Economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. It was born out of a distaste for how both Register and the current Permissions API are run, and their lack of features or over-complicated implementations.
  • Essentials Economy
    • Essentials Economy is a rather simple implementation of a currency based economy system for Bukkit.
  • ChestShop (iConomyChestShop)
    • A simple, yet very powerful system for making physical shops using signs and chests.It's never been that easy to create shops! With features like shop protection and anti-lag protection, you won't have to worry about your server's economy anymore!
  • Simple Region Market
    • SimpleRegionMarket is the most comprehensive Region Market plugin available. It allows users to buy/sell, rent, lease, and auction WorldGuard regions. Putting your pre-configured WorldGuard regions on the market is as simple as creating a sign. Players can simply click on a sign and are automatically granted WorldGuard region owner or member status.
  • BOSEconomy
    • OSEconomy is a simple, lightweight economy plugin. Every player owns an amount of currency and can make simple payments between one another. Read below to see all of the available features.

World Edit/Management Plugins:
  • WorldEdit
    • WorldEdit is an easy-to-use in-game world editor for Minecraft, supporting both single player and multiplayer, that lets you: quickly create, replace or delete thousands of blocks in seconds, Level an entire mountain and replace it with natural looking terrain (with brush tools)Generate spheres, cylinders, cuboids, forests, pumpkin patches, and snowy areas.
  • VoxelSniper
    • VoxelSniper is the premier long range map editing tool for Minecraft SMP. This mod allows you to edit any block that you can see using an arrow (for replacing) and a gunpowder (for adding). It is best used by those with a strong attention to detail and fits a wide array of applications, from making detailed edits to structures with the snipe brush, to making massive terraforming jobs a breeze with some of the earth shattering soft selection tools.

Role Playing Plugins:
  • Factions
    • This plugin allows you to create your own faction. The more followers a faction has the more land the faction can claim. The risk for griefing is low in claimed land since only the faction followers can build there. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Land may be taken from other factions through war.
  • mcMMO
    • The goal of mcMMO is to take core Minecraft game mechanics and expand them into add an extensive and quality RPG experience. Everything in mcMMO has been carefully thought out and is constantly being improved upon. Currently, mcMMO adds thirteen unique skills to train and level in. Each of these skills is highly customizable through our configuration files, allowing server admins to tweak mcMMO to best suit the needs of his or her server.
  • Towny
    • Towny is a plugin for a Bukkit modded Minecraft server. The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system. Each town has a mayor, while a nation has a king. They both have their own assistants to help run their respective people. Players can also purchase land from the town, as well as an optional daily tax set by the mayor.

Mechanics Plugins:
  • CraftBook
    • CraftBook is a heavily customizable plugin that adds a number of new mechanics to Minecraft with no client mods required. As one of Minecraft's oldest mods/plugins, we were the first to bring you Minecraft computers, Redstone ICs, moving bridges, and more!
  • WorldBorder
    • This plugin is intended to efficiently provide a border for each of your worlds, which nobody is allowed beyond except for people temporarily granted bypass access. These borders can be round/elliptic or square/rectangular. As the plugin has been written with performance as the most important goal, it should have no performance impact on your server.
  • NoLagg
    • Nolagg offers multiple components to reduce lag on your server.
  • Player Heads
    • Ever PVP someone and get no good loot? Feel like you deserve a trophy for your victory? Then PlayerHeads is right for you! You can now lop off enemies heads in battle, and mount it on a pole for all to fear. Or wear your opponent's face as a mask, like camouflage!
  • Tree Assist
    • This plugin will replant trees when they are cut down (or burnt down), and will keep it the same tree type. It also will take down an entire tree when then bottom log is removed depending on whether it is enabled in the config.

Fixes Plugins:

Fun Plugins:

General Plugins:

Informational Plugins:

Miscellaneous Plugins:

Teleportation Plugins:
  • Multiverse-Core
    • Multiverse-Core is a World management plugin. What this means is you can use it to create, delete and manage your different worlds in a Bukkit Server. See the Basic Multiverse Tutorial for a very brief overview!
  • CreativeGates
    • CreativeGates is a plugin that allows you to create teleportation gates without running a single command. The plugin does not impose design restrictions. Design the gate frame any way you like.
  • Ancient Gates
    • This plugin can allow those with permission, to create gates. These gates will teleport any player, entity (incl. passenger) or vehicle (incl. passenger) that enters that gate to the designated location and/or execute a command. This is a very easy to use, easy to maintain transportation plugin!
  • WarpSigns
    • WarpSigns is a simple that I made and allows you to create a sign that when is right clicked teleports you to the warp. This works with any plugin that use /warp.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Server Type: Survival
Plugins:
  • Essentials           Because it is the essential plugin for all server's
  • WorldEdit            Because making large structure's on a server could not be easyier
  • WorldGuard        Because who wants creeper's blowing up your Building, Also for the regions
  • Buycraft              For getting those essential donations to keep the server running
  • ChestShop         For letting players trade
  • NoCheatplus        Because who like's cheater's
  • LogBlock             For finding these griefers that no one likes
Comment: This is Some of the essential plugin's I use so come show me what you use.

Posted Image

Winter_Mage

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

McMMO is good for survival servers unless you want near pure vanilla.

Then you should get LWC plugin which is good for chests.

Oh and Towny is also nice for Survival servers if it's community based.

Posted Image
A double resolution texture pack that stays faithful to the original Minecraft textures.

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostWinter_Mage, on 28 January 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

McMMO is good for survival servers unless you want near pure vanilla.

Then you should get LWC plugin which is good for chests.

Oh and Towny is also nice for Survival servers if it's community based.

Thanks for the reply waiting for more response's before I start making list's.

Posted Image

StealthBravo
    StealthBravo

The Grim Reaperator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3455 posts
  • Minecraft: StealthBravo

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Server Type: Prison
Plugins:
  • PrisonMine - The successor of the now discontinued MineReset plugin.
  • PaidRanks - Good for ranking up players with a set price
  • Factions - Creates competition between players and allows you to protect your land and build an empire
  • CoreProtect - Stop those stupid griefers
  • VanishNoPacket - Find those noobish xrayers
  • TreeAssist - Auto-replant trees in a selected area
  • CombatTag - Kill players who PvP log

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostStealthBravo, on 28 January 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Server Type: Prison
Plugins:
  • PrisonMine - The successor of the now discontinued MineReset plugin.
  • PaidRanks - Good for ranking up players with a set price
  • Factions - Creates competition between players and allows you to protect your land and build an empire
  • CoreProtect - Stop those stupid griefers
  • VanishNoPacket - Find those noobish xrayers
  • TreeAssist - Auto-replant trees in a selected area
  • CombatTag - Kill players who PvP log

Thanks StealthBravo for the reply just waiting on some more to make that list.

Posted Image

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Updated added Server type's

Next to be added plugin sub category's

Posted Image

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Classic SMP is best MP.
  • zPermissions carving it up in the permissions class of plugins. zPerms is keeping it real with SQL support, light memory usage, and general sexiness. zPerms is killer when used in tandem with the Bukkit permissions.yml.
  • CommandBook is shooting down Essentials on every front. With plenty of config options, light memory usage, and selective enabling of features, it's all the good of Essentials without any of the bad.
  • WorldEdit is probably the greatest plugin that was pretty much made solely for abuse of all time.
  • HawkEye is killing it in the logging department, cooking up some of it's signature, sick INGSOC swag.
  • Regios is here to pay up in sheer autistic customizations. Hoorah for LSPS!
  • SimpleChat is hot like fat stomachs with bold ripples. Nothing has been able to make chat more handsome since HeroChat (good night, sweet prince).
  • Craftconomy is going hard like cold nipples. Defeat communism one linked server at a time!
  • BanManagement is the final and very best reincarnation of MechaHitler. Rule like a true dictator!
There's obviously a hell of a lot more that would go toward a complete server, but these are pretty much always the first things that go on for me.

Also, I would like to -1 Essentials. It's convoluted, heavy on resources, and doesn't play nice with a lot of other plugins. The devs either don't know how to hook chat right, are trying to start a Minecraft monopoly, or both.

bostonian

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I'd like to add PlotMe for creative servers

View PostBeeJesus, on 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Classic SMP is best MP.
  • zPermissions carving it up in the permissions class of plugins. zPerms is keeping it real with SQL support, light memory usage, and general sexiness. zPerms is killer when used in tandem with the Bukkit permissions.yml.
  • CommandBook is shooting down Essentials on every front. With plenty of config options, light memory usage, and selective enabling of features, it's all the good of Essentials without any of the bad.
  • WorldEdit is probably the greatest plugin that was pretty much made solely for abuse of all time.
  • HawkEye is killing it in the logging department, cooking up some of it's signature, sick INGSOC swag.
  • SimpleChat is hot like fat stomachs with bold ripples. Nothing has been able to make chat more handsome since HeroChat (good night, sweet prince).
  • Craftconomy is going hard like cold nipples. Defeat communism one linked server at a time!
  • BanManagement is the final and very best reincarnation of MechaHitler. Rule like a true dictator!
There's obviously a hell of a lot more that would go toward a complete server, but these are pretty much always the first things that go on for me.

Also, I would like to -1 Essentials. It's convoluted, heavy on resources, and doesn't play nice with a lot of other plugins. The devs either don't know how to hook chat right, are trying to start a Minecraft monopoly, or both.
I love your similes, they are great like chocolate on a mouse

I'm from Boston

Rawwk
    Rawwk

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Minecraft: phelican

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I have questions about Buycraft.

1. If I use it do I get a certain amount of things I can sell. So like I can only sell 6 stuff then I have to upgrade to sell more.

2. Does it run out, so like after 3 months I have to buy "premium" or whatever to keep using it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostBeeJesus, on 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Classic SMP is best MP.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted Image

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostRawwk, on 29 January 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

1. If I use it do I get a certain amount of things I can sell. So like I can only sell 6 stuff then I have to upgrade to sell more.

2. Does it run out, so like after 3 months I have to buy "premium" or whatever to keep using it.

Hi Rawwk I'm not to familiar with the plugin your best bet is to go to the plugin page and do some reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update added New Global Plugins that can be used across all the server's and sub category's for it.
Still waiting for more reply's before adding sub category's into the server specific section's

Posted Image

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Update added Simple region market to survival server's because it looks to be a very good plugin.

Looking for more people to add more suggestions and comments.

Posted Image

CaptiveCloud

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostRawwk, on 29 January 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

1. Buycraft free will give you 3 packages to sell, you have to upgrade if you want more.
2. No, Buycraft free will be free forever, but you have a limited amount of functions and packages to sell.

TheEndermanLord
  • Minecraft: TheEndermanLord

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks, Kyle. It really helped me with my server, and I added a bunch of new, useful commands. Again, thanks again.
Endermen. Very sensitive.

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostTheEndermanLord, on 20 April 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Thanks, Kyle. It really helped me with my server, and I added a bunch of new, useful commands. Again, thanks again.

And thank you foe this reply I'll be sure to gave a update as i do have a server going atm I may add new and more obscure plugin types but this was just the response i was looking for made my day.

Posted Image

minecraftzack1111199

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think
world edit
world guard
pvp arena
buycraft
chestshop
battlelnght
that's all I can name at the moment

NayvidRulesMC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

I am Co Owner of a couple of servers. My fave plugins:
For Social Survival:
ChestShop - if you don't like Item Frames
iConomy - FILTHY RICH
WorldGuard - No creeper! Sssssssstop!!!! *BOOM*
WorldEdit - Yay finally finished this big tower! Took me 5 months! Nice dude, I finished 17 in an hour!
ItemFrameShop - if you don't like chests
Towny - Amazing. Just pure awesomeness.

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

OK I'm back again on the forums, I will be updating this over the next few days ready for 1.6.4. So get the comments rolling and I will see what plugins need changed/added/removed.

Posted Image

vosoryx
    vosoryx

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Nice. thanks, this helped me out with my sever. :)