Survivalist Mod Alpha v1.3
Got an error? Find out how to fix it here.
Read all about the update we're working on in this post here!
The planned features list has been updated, go check it out!
Click here to see a list of third party videos of our mod. If you make Youtube videos and you feature our mod, make sure you let us know so we can feature you here! For people who are not English speakers, it would be great if we can get videos in a few different languages that help people to understand our mod! French, German, Spanish, whatever language you speak, make us a video of you playing the mod and we'll put it here for everyone to see.
Tell me about the mod quickly!
The Survivalist mod is a fairly self explanatory one. It is a mod that aims to shift the focus of Minecrafts survival mode from simple resource collection and construction to in-depth survival in the vein of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and DayZ. You will need to find water, cook food and collect resources to craft medical supplies. All the while, keeping an eye on your body temperature and trying not to die. You will need to keep your wits about you to survive in the harsh world of the Survivalist mod.
Ours is different than other mods. Everything is real. Your inventory space is limited, you can only carry so much weight. You can make backpacks to carry more stuff and more weight. Get horses to carry your stuff for you, or have them pull a cart. There are many factors, and they are all affected by one another.
Please take a second to read the full overview and planned features list of our mod for more information, and if you like our ideas, don't forget to press this button ----> <---- Just click that.
We're now on Planet Minecraft too!
Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha, and is in very early development. We are just trying to produce an enjoyable experience for as many people as possible in our spare time, and will respond to any suggestions or requests. All we ask is that you are considerate of both the early stage we are at and the limited time we may have available. Thanks!
Version 1.3 has been released. As of version 1.3, the mod is now Minecraft 1.6.2 compatible.
We apologise that there are not many new features in this version, but they are currently incomplete. This version addresses the issues people have been having with the inventory being blocked out and unblocks it again. To compensate, inventory weight has become more restrictive to begin with. We are happy to address any tweaks people believe should be made to the weights of items and different weight limits. We are currently working on giving backpacks their own custom slots so that they can be worn with armour, so just stick with us for a little bit. You can find the recipes on the wiki, and don't forget, the backpack art is temporary.
Dan - Project lead / Brainstormatron
Thomas - Programmer / Placeholder Art
Jess - Artist
OmniTitan (Hollowbrown) - For his constant support and dedication to server hosting
Horned19 - For a whole lot of very good ideas and suggestions
MAXIMUSSPRIME - For being helpful and contributing to the Wiki
If you suggested an idea that we decided to use, or have contributed significantly, your name will be added here (unless you request otherwise). If your name is not here yet and it should be, it will be added soon, don't worry.
The survivalist mod is a mod that intends to maintain the essence of the Vanilla Minecraft survival experience, whilst expanding on it in a way that fits in with the existing themes. The mod intends to shift the focus of gameplay towards a more challenging survival experience, going further towards achieving the 'stranded on a desert island' feel that is missing from Minecraft. Building will remain as important as it currently is, because building a castle will definitely make you a lot safer from what's out there, but you will need to put your survival above all else! You will need to build your settlement in an agreeable climate, near a water source, and stay alive.
This mod was born out of what we feel is necessity, as Minecraft's 'survival' mode barely feels like anything more than a slightly more in-depth creative mode. We started brainstorming the kind of things that real life survival would involve, both in terms of new features and modifications of existing ones, as well as considering what existing aspects of survival made the game too easy (i.e, being able to easily acquire large stockpiles of meat, an incredibly effective food source). Our hope is to encourage more crop cultivation and strategy, by causing meat to rot in high temperatures. This means that to survive, you will need to think about everything that real life settlements would have to. You could even have an offsite facility somewhere cold where you store your meat! These things and more are planned for your survival experience.
Click to enlarge
If you have other mods or a previous version of this mod already installed, you may need to use a fresh Minecraft.jar
Alpha v1.3 Release Build
1. Download Survivalist Alpha 1.3 Release Build
2. Download Forge Installer 1.6.2 from here.
3. Run the Forge Installer and install it to your client.
4. Open your start menu and type "%appdata%" then press Enter. Go into "Roaming\.minecraft\mods"
5. Put the Survivalist Mod zip in that folder.
6. Run the Minecraft Launcher and launch the "Forge" profile.
Alpha v1.3 Release Build
- Configuration File
- New Error Reference System
- Health regeneration disabled
- Craftable medical supplies added
- You can get thirsty
- Craftable water bottles
- Thirst is affected by body temperature
- Inventory weight
- Inventory weight affects player movement speed
- Craftable backpacks
- You have body temperature
- Body temperature changes based on biome
- Being in water causes body temperature to drop
- Sprinting raises body temperature
- You will die if you get too hot or too cold
- Lower your body temperature by drinking
- Craftable heat packs to raise body temperature
- Biomes have different temperatures
- Night and day time affects the temperature
- Temperature display on right hand side of screen
- Meat will now decay and become rotten meat
- We plan to add horsedrawn carts using a modular storage system (I will be posting a blog outlining this system in detail, since it's hard to explain in note form)
- We also plan to add large ships that use the same modular system as the boats.
- Mining and other physical activity raising body temp.
We plan to overhaul temperature completely. It will use a number of factors, including proximity to certain blocks, light levels, whether or not there is sky above the player, altitude, etc.. to determine when players are in higher temperatures, when they are underground, when they are inside, when it is night time and day time and make temperatures fluctuate far more based on the situation.
- Underground temp. being independent of overground
- Underground temp. gets warmer further down
- Meat/Fish decays in warmer temperatures, can be kept in freezing temperatures to store
- Seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn) affect ambient temp.
- Water temp changes depending on biome
- Drinking from potion bottles and milk should have an affect on thirst
- Drinking directly from water sources such as ponds and ocean, with debuffs in areas of low quality water
- Water towers, water barrels and water filtration
- Insulative clothing for keeping warm in low temperatures (No armour value, unbreakable)
- Heat protective clothing for keeping cool in high temperatures (No armour value, unbreakable)
- Insulative and heat protective armour variants (Armour value, breakable)
- Wet suits for maintaining body temp. when in water
- Possibly oxygen tanks for breathing longer under water
- Oven for cooking food, furnace no longer works
- Chest freezer (endgame item for indefinite storage of Meat/Fish)
- Chest freezer will be like a cross between a chest and a furnace, using snow blocks as fuel. Player will be able to stack a currently undetermined number of snow blocks in the fuel section of the freezer at any one time, and one snow block will last for a fairly significant period of time.
- Lunch box item for storing multiple meat items in one inventory slot
- New water storage options for carrying more water with you in one slot
- Possible addition of new weapons
- Player can get stronger (will be more detailed soon)
- Strength affects ahow much player can carry
- Strength affects player movement speed when pulling smaller carts
- Strength possibly affecting players attack strength
- Stamina is a possibility at this time, not necessarily a definite feature. We need to think about it some more.
- Stamina could increase how long player can sprint
- Players would be able to increase their stamina
- Stamina could increase how long a player can breathe underwater (Thanks to AkulaMak)
- When inventory weight exceeds a certain amount, ice may break (Player fitness will also have an effect on this
- Hospitals in large villages
- Injury and disease system
- System for the diagnosis and treatment of various ailments
- Players may be unable to identify an illness at first, and may need to experiment or learn to do so. They will then be able to recognise it in the future.
- If a player finds a hospital, they will be able to receive treatment for their injuries there instead.
- Possible stale bread
- Berry bushes for foraging food
- Different fruits available for growing and picking
- Biomes o' Plenty
Note: If you are using the new Minecraft Launcher, follow these instructions before following the instructions below.
1. Download the Survivalist mod from one of the downloads below.
2. Download Risugami's ModLoader 1.4.7 from here.
3. Follow the installation instructions on the ModLoader thread to install ModLoader.
4. Extract everything from the 'Survivalist Mod vX.X' folder in the mod ZIP into your Minecraft.jar the same way you did for ModLoader.
5. Make sure the META-INF folder in your Minecraft.jar is deleted.
Version 0.3 - Minecraft 1.4.7
Version 0.5 - Minecraft 1.4.7
Version 0.6 - Minecraft 1.4.7
Version 0.6.5 - Minecraft 1.4.7
1. Download the Survivalist mod from one of the downloads below.
2. Download Forge Universal for the corresponding version of Minecraft from here from here.
3. Go to "Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin" and open your Minecraft.jar with WinRAR or similar software.
4. Drag every file and folder from inside of your Forge zip into your Minecraft.jar
5. Extract everything from the Survivalist Mod zip into your Minecraft.jar the same way you did for Forge.
6. Make sure the META-INF folder in your Minecraft.jar is deleted.
Version 0.7 - Minecraft 1.4.7
Version 0.9 - Minecraft 1.5.1
Version 1.0 Pre - Minecraft 1.5.2
Version 1.1 Pre - Minecraft 1.5.2
Version 1.2 Pre - Minecraft 1.5.2
In this section we have banners that you can use to link to our page in your signature (if you really want to, we're not forcing anyone! We will be adding more soon, sorry about the pathetic selection right now.
Like our work? Any help you can give us is greatly appreciated:
Donate to our paypal
Quick Legal Note:
The Survivalist Mod is property of MadeBySix - © Copyright 2013 MadeBySix