• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2/1.4.7][Forge] Primitive Mobs v1.4 - Updated 06/27/13 - Mobs with a familiar feel to them!

forge mobs kodaichizero daveyx0 smp 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
844 replies to this topic

TriMenGaming
  • Minecraft: Swift_Turtle

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Nice Mod!!! I just did a video on It!!! Check out my channel if you want to see it :D youtube.com/Trimengaming
Posted Image
Please check out my youtube! www.youtube.com/trimengaming ! you can also Give me mods to try out and i will do a video!

Register or log in to remove.

Daveyx0
    Daveyx0

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts
  • Minecraft: Daveyx0

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postkb777, on 19 February 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

all ive seen are merchants what is the problem

Peaceful mode?
Posted Image

Daveyx0
    Daveyx0

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostCreeperBrineMan, on 11 February 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Hey can you fix it when you go to peaceful mode and your pet slime and your pet spider doesn't despawn? I went into peaceful mode and my slime disappeared. Posted Image

Well this is indeed a problem... I will have to look into it but I might not be able to fix it as the slime and spider are technically mobs.
Posted Image

Mawrak
    Mawrak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostDaveyx0, on 19 February 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Well this is indeed a problem... I will have to look into it but I might not be able to fix it as the slime and spider are technically mobs.
But tiny brain-slimes not despawns on peaceful, so it is possible to stop mob-despawning? And you can use system from Mo'Creatures - there is a scorpion, and when player make it his pet, scorpion use scorpionPet-entity, and scorpionPet is "creature", not "mob" like scorpion. I think it could help.

Daveyx0
    Daveyx0

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostMawrak, on 19 February 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

But tiny brain-slimes not despawns on peaceful, so it is possible to stop mob-despawning? And you can use system from Mo'Creatures - there is a scorpion, and when player make it his pet, scorpion use scorpionPet-entity, and scorpionPet is "creature", not "mob" like scorpion. I think it could help.

The problem is that the despawn is defined in onUpdate() which I can't skip. There might be a way by just copy pasting all code into a new entity and extending that but.... I dunno :/

EDIT: Ill probably do it anyway :P
Posted Image

kb777
    kb777

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Minecraft: kb777

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostDaveyx0, on 19 February 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Peaceful mode?
I tried all modes does the mobs work with mo creatures and atmos mobs

Mawrak
    Mawrak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postkb777, on 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

I tried all modes does the mobs work with mo creatures and atmos mobs
This mod might not work with Mo'Creatures. Use MobSpawnControls mod to use Mo'Creatures with other mob-mods like AtmosMobs and Primitive Mobs.

kb777
    kb777

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Minecraft: kb777

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostMawrak, on 19 February 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

This mod might not work with Mo'Creatures. Use MobSpawnControls mod to use Mo'Creatures with other mob-mods like AtmosMobs and Primitive Mobs.
Is there a way with out going through all those settings

ATH15
    ATH15

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

How do I get out of the spider?
I'm riding on it but I can't get out, which key is?

Mawrak
    Mawrak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postkb777, on 19 February 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Is there a way with out going through all those settings
I saw somewhere complited settings file, you can download it. Or someone, who spend his\her time to set up this mod, can give you this settings file (I can give you my file if you want, but it was done only for my own using, so I am not sure will you like them or not).

Karganeth

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

There are reports on the Mob Spawn Controls thread that the mother spider + babies and the mimics are rather problematic, i.e. they eat up the spawn limits all by themselves and prevent other creature types from spawning.

I haven't tested it myself but some people made detailed reports, here's one.
Still using EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID() to register your Forge mod's entities? Still worried about mob entity conflicts with other mods? FAIL! (Click and be enlightened :P )

Mawrak
    Mawrak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostKarganeth, on 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

There are reports on the Mob Spawn Controls thread that the mother spider + babies and the mimics are rather problematic, i.e. they eat up the spawn limits all by themselves and prevent other creature types from spawning.

I just use spawn-limit for "monsters" =500 and agressive mobs continue spawning. Spiders and mimics cannot stop "creatures" spawn and watermobs spawn because they are "monsters" type, as I know.

Bamm225
    Bamm225

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hey I seem to be having issues with spawning rates with this mod loaded on to minecraft, I went cave crawling to see if I was right and after half an hour of walking through caves without any light and I found 4 mimics and nothing more. After removing the mod zombies and skeletons started spawning by the dozen again. It seems to damage the spawn rate of all mods including vanilla mobs. I was wondering if this is gonna be patched or is there a way to fix it?

Daveyx0
    Daveyx0

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

New version should be up later today. I was changing the post and my Google Chrome crashed so it will have to wait till after work.... dammit
Posted Image

Chikonbille

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostKarganeth, on 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

View PostMawrak, on 20 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I just use spawn-limit for "monsters" =500 and agressive mobs continue spawning. Spiders and mimics cannot stop "creatures" spawn and watermobs spawn because they are "monsters" type, as I know.

View PostBamm225, on 20 February 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hey I seem to be having issues with spawning rates with this mod loaded on to minecraft, I went cave crawling to see if I was right and after half an hour of walking through caves without any light and I found 4 mimics and nothing more. After removing the mod zombies and skeletons started spawning by the dozen again. It seems to damage the spawn rate of all mods including vanilla mobs. I was wondering if this is gonna be patched or is there a way to fix it?

View PostDaveyx0, on 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

New version should be up later today. I was changing the post and my Google Chrome crashed so it will have to wait till after work.... dammit
BUT GUYS HAVN'T YALL BEEN WAITING FOR THE UPDATE (The spiders and mimica are fixed)  IT'S ALMOST HERE WOOOO!

SnatchNL
    SnatchNL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Don't worry Davey, i'm sure we can manage to wait a little bit longer. ^^

Mawrak
    Mawrak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Okay, we will wait, anyway we have no choice)) Without this update my server crashs and doesn't work.

Daveyx0
    Daveyx0

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well its finally here. Ill read the bugs/glitches/feedback tomorrow!

Also I would love to see someone try the mini-boss blind (so never tried it before and didn't check the details in OP)!

Enjoy everyone!

EDIT: dang just realised the summoner isnt on the logo. Will be fixed
Posted Image

SnatchNL
    SnatchNL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

F YEAH! I'm really tempted to check out what new things you put in but i'm not gonna see.
Downloading! ^^

Mawrak
    Mawrak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yeah! Soooo many mobs! Cool, thank you!