• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

If there was a Portal 3, what would it be like?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

ChrisPrankster
  • Minecraft: ChrisPrankster12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Title says it all. Here's what I think:

It is definitely not going to star Chell, due to her dismissal from the facility.
It's probably not going to be a prequel(where is the fun with that?)

Most Likely Conclusion: It would continue from the end of Portal 2, HOWEVER it would star Doug Rattman.

In Portal 3, Doug would probably decide to try and get to where Chell is, on the outside, so he comes out of hiding and decides to try and get through Glados's chambers.
Posted Image [SSSS]

Register or log in to remove.

ngsizzle
    ngsizzle

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

I gonna take a wild guess and say there will be portals and puzzles. Many, many puzzles.

Skingrad
    Skingrad

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Valve counting to 3 is a larger mystery.

MoutainDew2k11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

SHOCKHORROR, more portals.
Alas, I have plagued this forum with 500+ posts with my arrogance and my ignorant self, onto 1000!
Come join the 101st Minecraft Division! http://www.minecraft...craft-division/

Fredfredbug4

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Portal 3 will probably further extend into the backstory of Chell and GLaDOS, Wheatley will probably make a comeback...somehow... but probably play a less significant role. I imagine a new antagonist appearing as well, it would be cool if it was another human.
Posted Image

Homem Pigman

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I honestly think the series had its run. The plot is over and there's no need to continue it.

Sorry, but sometimes a story needs to end, constant expansion will dilute the artistic intent. I love Portal as much as the next person, but it just wouldn't be appropriate.

Posted Image

oElkien
      oElkien

Oh-elk-e-en

• Retired Staff
    • 1067 posts
    • Minecraft: oElkien
    • Xbox:oElkien

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Portal is amazing in general but I can't picture a Portal 3. I'm sure they'd find a way to make it shell-shocking.
    (quote to "guarantee" a response)

Netherack Creeper

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Everyone should know that I firmly believe that Portal 2 takes place 72 years after Portal 1, so I can't really see a 80-100 year old man doing tests. I think it would be neat if Wheatley somehow managed to get himself on the surface of the moon, and found an abandoned Aperture Science  Moon Base or something, and took control of it. You could be a missing astronaut from the Senate Hearing, awaking from stasis when he manages to plug himself into that stick on the wall that let's him take full control of the base.

Micmckenzie

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostHomem Pigman, on 25 January 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

I honestly think the series had its run. The plot is over and there's no need to continue it.

Agreed, if they did make a Portal 3, they would need to acknowledge the fact that the series has definitely had it's run.

Elaxter
      Elaxter

Void Walker

• Members
    • 1971 posts
    • Minecraft: Elaxter
    • Xbox:Elaxter

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

There simply wouldn't be one.

If they did, it would be tied into Half-Life 3.

Expatcat
    • Minecraft: Expatcat

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

I believe sequels have the ability to disgrace their predecessors, which is why, in my opinion, Valve would have to put a lot of thought and effort into a quality game. Too many times have I seen companies over-capitalize on popular titles and ultimately ruin them, which is such a shame, and would be especially for games like Portal.

I agree with what many people said here. Let it be.
    Posted Image

Ender101key

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Portal 2 was set 100+ years after Portal 1.

The Doug Rattmann time was just after Portal 1.

This game you're talking about suggests it is set at the same time as Portal 2, but from Doug Rattmann's perspective. The problem is: According to Portal's backstory, Doug saved Chell by placing her in stasis in a mobile Aperture Science waiting room. Sadly, straight after, Doug was shot in the leg by a turret, bled out and fainted, I believe he may have been killed. Since Doug was kill 100 years before the events of Portal 2, he couldn't do anything then. If he wasn't killed, he'd have to be 100+ years old. The only reason Chell didn't die of old age was because she was in stasis for the 100+ years between Portal 1 and 2. This was thanks to Doug Rattmann, who died to save Chell so she could escape. I believe this is canon as I am pretty sure it was in the Portal 2 "Lab Rat" comic which I presume was published by Valve. If they were to make a Portal 3, it should be about the time between Portal 1 and 2, also from Doug's perspective. That or it could be set before the two games altogether and work like Doug is the first test subject ever and is

Acutally
    Cave Johnson's
    Nephew!

Tell me if you want me to go into deeper detail, but I believe I have proven my point.

God, I love Portal

Intel i5-3570k 3.4Ghz - Stock Cooler- XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition - Asus P8Z77-V LX - Pulse 500w PSU - Patriot Viper 8GB RAM - Best Value 989 Modded Case.

The Cyclops of the MCF since November '11

Homem Pigman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostEnder101key, on 12 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Portal 2 was set 100+ years after Portal 1.
    Certainly not. I'd place it around 30 years. The level of invasion of the plants inside the facility indicate that some decades have passed, but the relative mantained state of the place (especially seeing how quickly GLaDOS fixed it) says that it couldn't have been so much. If it was 100+ years most of what we see in the first batch of levels would be completely destroyed.

Posted Image

FireHazard128

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Turns out the events of both previous games were all false memories in Chell's head and she's locked up in a mental institution... And then Half-Life happens.
    "If a whale tries to sell you a pumpkin, don't."

bowserchomp
    • Minecraft: bowserchomp

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

It would be the same old crap as before. But it would still somehow get highly praised by everybody on the Internets as the greatest gaem of all time.

Portal was okay. Haven't played the second one and will probably never play it, because I'm not interested in it, at all.

Speaking of which... I haven't seen Valve make anything in like... 5 years? Talk about a getting a blank check. At least KotickVision puts out a new CoD revision every year.
    Don't fear the ripper.

StrictlyStupid

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

...there really isn't much more to work with in the series. Portal had a good run, and now there's player-made maps, so I can't really complain if I ever feel like playing Portal again.

It should be interesting to see how Aperture Science ties into Half Life's plot in HL3, though.

Netherack Creeper

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Or they could actually create F-Stop, the prequel to Portal that was originally going to be created. You know, F-Stop? The game that takes place in Cave Johnson time, before they had portals? It was replaced with Portal 2 when play-testers realized that there were no portals.
    And the sad thing is, they never even told us what the F-Stop is.

Phoenix3270
    • Minecraft: Phoenix3270
    • Xbox:Phoenix3270

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Mixing Valve and 3 is like mixing water and oil

Posted Image

super_powerz
    • Minecraft: super_powerz

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't know what's going to happen in portal 3, but I do know it's gonna be a really hard game.

quote said:

Nice pineapple btw
    I try my best

woowoo678
    • Minecraft: woowoo678

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postsuper_powerz, on 13 February 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

I don't know what's going to happen in portal 3, but I do know it's gonna be a really hard game.
    There's not going to be a Portal 3.