Latest News Article

[1.6.4]Tinkers Construct

forge tech adventure mobs

• Please log in to reply
9372 replies to this topic

Shurhaian

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostFryoKnight, on 23 July 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Hey, mDiyo, not sure if it is a bug or not, but when I mine in the Nether with the Hammer, it seems to love to skip over Nether Quartz Ores, and I have to ether get my pick out for them, or I have to make sure they are the block I am mining in order to get all the nearby ones.

Seems to like to do this with the Magic Essence Ore from the Magical Crops mod, and a few other blocks and ores. :\
This is probably related to the bit that keeps you from mining obsidian super-fast by mining an adjacent block; it will (generally?) only clear out blocks that are about as hard as the block you're clicking on, or softer. Netherack is ludicrously easy to dig, compared to nether quartz, and Magic Essence Ore is pretty tough compared to basic stone; so, in each case, clicking on the substrate won't give you the tougher ore blocks.

Register or log in to remove.

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2012 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

This is something I've been working on for the Ultra Hard Survival pack, coming to FTB soon. It won't make its way into Tinkers' Construct.

Yusunoha: The ratios are what's listed in the book. You can get Alumite by putting in only one obsidian block, but you'll have leftovers.

darkbirde: Casting a large plate seems to work for me. Tested both gold and aluminum brass.

hessuu: A separate download would make sense if the changes weren't in vanilla for 1.6.

StoneColdCrazy: Update TConstruct.

KnightOwl: Slot 1 places from slot 9. Hardcoding it was, and still is the best option.

clj3100: You can pour out of a drain into a tank.

FryoKnight: Anything skipped over is too hard compared to the material you're mining. There is a bit of leeway, but not a whole lot.

lxj9999: Iron has to be cast in the Smeltery.
Posted Image

pstrand
    pstrand

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

is this 1.6.2 version im confused

elkillo
    elkillo

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

@ pstrand no 1.5.2 version

Trailblazer57
  • Minecraft: trailblazer57

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

that's interesting...

KnightOwl

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the help mDiyo Posted Image

Now that you've made experience useless do you have any plans around making it useful again?

FryoKnight
  • Location: In my Zap Apple Orchard, waiting for Zap Apples to grow.
  • Minecraft: FryoKnight
  • Xbox:Fyro Knight

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostShurhaian, on 24 July 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

This is probably related to the bit that keeps you from mining obsidian super-fast by mining an adjacent block; it will (generally?) only clear out blocks that are about as hard as the block you're clicking on, or softer. Netherack is ludicrously easy to dig, compared to nether quartz, and Magic Essence Ore is pretty tough compared to basic stone; so, in each case, clicking on the substrate won't give you the tougher ore blocks.

View PostmDiyo, on 24 July 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

FryoKnight: Anything skipped over is too hard compared to the material you're mining. There is a bit of leeway, but not a whole lot.
Ah, ok then. I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up for me. ^.^

This is something I've been working on for the Ultra Hard Survival pack, coming to FTB soon. It won't make its way into Tinkers' Construct.

That... Looks awesome! O_O Can't wait to see what mod I need to get my hands on that. :3
Wonder if there is going to ones to other well known figures in Minecraft (aka Jeb, Herobrine).

Also, mDiyo, I am still having issues with getting Fortune on my Scythe. I've haven't used it on any mobs, only using it on my crops and it only seems to be gaining Looting (recently went from I to II). I have even tried using it on Leaves to see if that would make a difference, but it seems to be to no use..

Posted Image

erima
    erima

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: erima

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

I know it's a tall order, but it'd be great to be able to melt any ores in the smeltery. I'm a bit tired of Buildcraft/TE/Forestry stuff and the additional ores from FTB or Tekkit would be cool to melt. Nothing more complex than building blocks or ingots, really. Obviously if they did cool things in Tinkerer's it'd be appreciated too.

I just had to decide what path to go down - build ThermalExpansion stuff or spend time building a smelter from Tinker's - I chose the latter but was bummed that it didn't just melt down stuff that I fed it.

Great mod though! I'm really enjoying it.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

diyo, yeah i love the electric upgrade, it was first acting infinitely in 1.4.1.5 for me, but i had a quarry up and running then so i will defer to yusu's first sighting in 1.4.1.4, no need to mine by hand when you have machines for that is all.

also, if you don't mind, could you comment on this as well?
[edit]oops, i forgot to quote myself:

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 22 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

1. explain observations i've made based on previous versions:
basically, from what i can tell, the electric upgrade is a bit of a smart one, it seems to have absolutely no effect at all on the actual durability of the tool in any way, what it seems to do instead is simply add a second electric durability, the two durability types have absolutely zero interaction from what i observed and are completely and totally independent so what i wound up finding as an optimal middle ground for normal use was to apply mossy thrice for auto repair which takes care of the tool durability and then recharge as normal for the electric durability.
[/edit]
i'm pretty sure i figured it out quite well but i'm not sure, this was from the discussion and my testing out of curiosity at yusu's report of EU tools being infinite.
lastly, would it be okay to ask for a total EU or efficiency increase modifier as well? i really burn it through it quickly (under a minute) with my hammer.

[edit #2] second point, no longer relevant, quote truncated [/edit]

hessuu
    hessuu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: hessuu

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

hessuu: A separate download would make sense if the changes weren't in vanilla for 1.6.
Ah, seems like I need to stay up to date with the vanilla updates a bit more. -_- Well, thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry to bother you.

Yusunoha
    Yusunoha

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostDarkSirrush, on 23 July 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

No, no, you do need 2 obsidian ingots. You only need 1 obsidian block, since as far as the smeltery is concerned obsidian is an ore now.

welp.... that's interesting.

StoneColdCrazy

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

StoneColdCrazy: Update TConstruct.

It's registering as a liquid now well enough and working in tanks, but how do I create it in Survival, now that it's no longer made in the Smeltery? BTW, LOVE the "Pinky and the Brain" reference at startup.

Jboii3251

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Any chance we could have the 1.4.0 version download? I have been trying to use the the latest version, but whenever my NEI interface tries to render the bows/shortbows, it crashes from a rendering screen error. 1.4.0 is when the shortbows were first added, so it might work. Also, I have been adding Tinkers Construct to a mod pack I am creating which currently consists of 74 mods altogether. Thanks.

ZeroKaiser
  • Minecraft: ZeroKaiser

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Any word on what's gonna happen with using liquefied emerald and molten blood?

ninjasamurai
  • Minecraft: ninjasamurai2

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

love your mod when i first started the first vanilla pick was diamond to get obsidian for nether enchanting table and obsidian toolsPosted Image
hey guys i  make little challenges and mini games

Jboii3251

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Any chance we could have the 1.4.0 version download? I have been trying to use the the latest version, but whenever my NEI interface tries to render the bows/shortbows, it crashes from a rendering screen error. 1.4.0 is when the shortbows were first added, so it might work. Also, I have been adding Tinkers Construct to a mod pack I am creating which currently consists of 74 mods altogether. Thanks.

The Templars

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have been trying to work with tinkerers construct and bibliocraft is there a reason why there not compatible as to the weapons and tools not being able to be placed on the tool and weapons racks? I think this might be because there classed as different weapons from normal minecraft. If so is there anyway to get comparability between the 2?

Posted Image

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostThe Templars, on 24 July 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I have been trying to work with tinkerers construct and bibliocraft is there a reason why there not compatible as to the weapons and tools not being able to be placed on the tool and weapons racks? I think this might be because there classed as different weapons from normal minecraft. If so is there anyway to get comparability between the 2?

Yes, they are compatible with each other...

When using Bibliocraft 1.3.3 and Tinker's Construct 1.4.1.5 they work fine.
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

Kraal
    Kraal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostKnightOwl, on 24 July 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Thanks for the help mDiyo Posted Image

Now that you've made experience useless do you have any plans around making it useful again?
There are plans, yes.  When they will be worked on?  That is not planned.

View Posterima, on 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

I know it's a tall order, but it'd be great to be able to melt any ores in the smeltery. I'm a bit tired of Buildcraft/TE/Forestry stuff and the additional ores from FTB or Tekkit would be cool to melt. Nothing more complex than building blocks or ingots, really. Obviously if they did cool things in Tinkerer's it'd be appreciated too.

I just had to decide what path to go down - build ThermalExpansion stuff or spend time building a smelter from Tinker's - I chose the latter but was bummed that it didn't just melt down stuff that I fed it.

Great mod though! I'm really enjoying it.
If you know how to code, or are willing to learn java/minecraft/forge, then pick up the API for Tinkers and try adding smeltery recipes on your own for the ores that don't work.  That would probably be faster than waiting for Diyo to do it himself.

View PostJboii3251, on 24 July 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

You need a later version of forge. You'll need to run 1.5.2 for shortbows.  The last version of 1.5.2 forge should work for you.

View PostZeroKaiser, on 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Any word on what's gonna happen with using liquefied emerald and molten blood?
Liquid emerald has been removed.  I'm not quite aware on the status of blood right now.

View PostThe Templars, on 24 July 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Bibliocraft has a section in its config you can use to add the id's of Diyo's weapons to the weapon rack.

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2012 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm thinking that I'd like to stream more on a daily basis, but the previous time was too early for some people. Assuming my sleep schedule holds, we'll have a stream from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM PDT for quite a few days of the week. Stream starts in ~5 minutes. http://www.twitch.tv/mDiyo

For those who want 1.6 updates: stop asking. It will be done when it's done.

FryoKnight: Fortune on the scythe is gained from attacking mobs. If you're having problems, attack more things.

erima: The API is available for other mod authors to add their own metals.

ZeroKaiser: Slimes love liquids, mhm.

Jboii3251: You need to update Forge.
Posted Image