Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4]Tinkers Construct

forge tech adventure mobs

• Please log in to reply
9303 replies to this topic

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

oh and sorry in advance for the double post, but now that i've tested, i can confirm that neither EU nor tool durability was drained at all when i managed to get around to seeing about verifying what yusunoha was reporting about.

Register or log in to remove.

Kalembas
    Kalembas

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

I've found that in a TC version 1.4.x  the smeltery acts strangely: its ore temperature meter blinks at the beginning and doesnt grow at all. Did I miss something or its a bug, or a visual?

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

are you sure there's still lava in the smeltery? i've been noticing for a while that even when the lava tank is empty the block still appears to contain lava.

Kalembas
    Kalembas

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Actually, its a strange glitch. I've restarted my MC and smeltery worked as intended.

Jackiecrazy

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Could you by some way nerf or disable the Blue slimes and King Slimes?
You see, there is a wonderful, all-doing mod called HumanMobs, and since I like to see cubic people die in SSP (muahahaha), I installed the mod. I hate the idea of chopping them up with swords, and would like to resort to the cleavers and broadswords.
They collided in a magical shower of sparks... Then crashed:
Spoiler:
I think the best way to solve this is by disabling the blue slimes, since even I, who has no idea about coding, knows that adapting a model is easier than doing one yourself. Maybe you could add a config option to disable and enable the blue slimes at will? The gelatinous slimes may be acquired by other methods if this is disabled (e.g. trade, killing other mobs, and other cheap ways etc).
Thank you for reading this post,
Jackiecrazy

Resson
    Resson

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

When I played with this mod on the Hexxit mudpack for the Technic Launcher, I found a stack of 10 Lumber Axes in one of the chests in a Battle Tower, and they were the color of the Magic Essence(rainbow). When I tried to use one of said axes, It crashed my Minecraft... I would like to know if that was a bug with the mod that adds the Battle Towers, or if it was a bug in general.

PhaserRave
  • Minecraft: PhaserRave

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostIStoneI, on 22 July 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

on another note, its been said before. but that mossy modifier takes up too much of the tool visually. it doesnt look very good imo.

especially, since there are overlay problems with other modifiers because of it. it would be enough, if it just made part of the handle green.
I quite like it how it currently is.
The above post was written in front of a live studio audience.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostResson, on 22 July 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

When I played with this mod on the Hexxit mudpack for the Technic Launcher, I found a stack of 10 Lumber Axes in one of the chests in a Battle Tower, and they were the color of the Magic Essence(rainbow). When I tried to use one of said axes, It crashed my Minecraft... I would like to know if that was a bug with the mod that adds the Battle Towers, or if it was a bug in general.

crashlog needed, use paste.ubuntu.com pastebin.com or some similar, if pastebin complains about too long of a paste try the other one which is unlimited length/size but more prone to being a pain for some connections/browsers to load.
alternatively and at the very least wrap your crashlog in [ spoiler ]these[ / spoiler ] tags so you don't spam the thread with a wall of text and get yelled at.

DarkSirrush
  • Minecraft: DarkSirrush
  • Xbox:DarkSirrush

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Too-DAMN-Much: Update your TC, newest version is 1.4.5, and it fixed the electric modifier problem.

IStoneI
    IStoneI

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

im having some troubles with the battle axe as a harvesting tool. mainly, i keep unintentionally harvesting blocks. i like to build with wood, and basically if i harvest any wood block, it also destroys the roof of my house above it.

would be nice, if the item would only harvest blocks, that are directly connected to the block that is mined.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostDarkSirrush, on 22 July 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Too-DAMN-Much: Update your TC, newest version is 1.4.5, and it fixed the electric modifier problem.

1.4.1.5 is the version i and the other dude are seeing infinite EU on actually.

honestly from what i recall this latest version may have been the one that introduced the problem with it to be honest, i was on 1.4.1.4 before and i can't really say for sure i mined and checked with that old version but i'm pretty sure it was working properly in that one.

Sirithil

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Suggestions: put silver oreberries back in? Also, maybe have tool support for mithril from the LOTR Mod?

FryoKnight
  • Location: In my Zap Apple Orchard, waiting for Zap Apples to grow.
  • Minecraft: FryoKnight
  • Xbox:Fyro Knight

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostKraal, on 22 July 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

You need to add enough lapis to a tool to acquire the actual fortune levels.  Luck by itself without adding fortune to the tool doesn't do anything.
Now, if you already have fortune, then my answer is it should apply to each block in the 3x3.  I have not, however, acquired enough lapis to test this and haven't ever thought about testing it in a test world.  You could, perhaps, try it in a test world though.

View PostSageEthereal, on 22 July 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

I thought mDiyo said luck by itself does 'something.' I may be mistaken, but I believe with a pickaxe with just luck I would occasionally get an extra drop from coal, etc. Seemed to be a whole lot more rare than fortune, but there nonetheless. Of course, I could be completly wrong.

Actually, from what I've seen, luck mostly boost itself depend on how much you use the tool. I put 107 peices off Lapis on my hammer, and haven't added any since, but twe last time I went to repire my hammer it was at 228 peices of Lapis.

mDiyo: Could you make it where the Sythe gets Fortune along with Looting? I tend use the Sythe for my farm, but since it does not have Fortune, I don't get extra seeds from wheat, or any extra crops from Netherwart or Carrots.

Posted Image

Tommyl1998

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

What is the rod you use to make the felling axe someone halp plez

Vaygrim
    Vaygrim

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

Just found and made a scythe.

FAVORITE.
WEAPON.
EVAR.

redbarron12
  • Minecraft: RedBarron678

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostKraal, on 21 July 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Could you explain that a little more clearly?  For instance:
Does everything cause nothing to happen?
What exactly do you mean by "nothing happens"?  It fails to do anything at all?  It does something other than what it should do?
What specifically are you trying to do with the pattern chest and "other things"?

We cannot help you solve your problems if you don't give us enough details to work off of.
in other words, the menu for the pattern chests, etc. don't show up.

darkbirde

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Is there a nice website with information on this mod yet? I'm still trying to learn how everything works and I'd like to find a table of comparisons of vanilla speed/Tconstruct speed for mining tools, etc. :P

Oh, and when crafting a hammer, can you make the plates out of anything except stone or wood? Because I can't seem to get a cast made for a plate.

Wise_Flynn

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

Every time I want to make a cast I can only make an ingot cast somebody help me plz

IStoneI
    IStoneI

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Postdarkbirde, on 22 July 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Is there a nice website with information on this mod yet? I'm still trying to learn how everything works and I'd like to find a table of comparisons of vanilla speed/Tconstruct speed for mining tools, etc. Posted Image

Oh, and when crafting a hammer, can you make the plates out of anything except stone or wood? Because I can't seem to get a cast made for a plate.

thats odd. plate casts are crafted the same way as the other ones. it works for me.

the fastest way to stripmine is probably with a cobalt hammer and an ardite part (i used it for the tool rod) to get stonebound 2. then a lot of redstone on the tool.

i recommend crafting a good shovel or excavator along with the hammer.

my cobalt hammer, with a paper plate (probably should have used thaumium, but eh), obsidian plate, ardite rod, has fortune 3, a mining speed of 16 at full durability (12k), with stonebound 2.

and there is still a modifier space left, and the option for another with a nether star.

Zubaru
    Zubaru

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Minecraft: Zubaru

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Does anyone know what stonebound does?

Edit: found out what it does, apparently it makes the tool faster the lower the durability is.
Hello There, You might wanna checkout my youtube channel.