[1.6.4]Tinkers Construct

forge tech adventure mobs

• Please log in to reply
9326 replies to this topic

R_a_T_c_H
  • Minecraft: _ratch_

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostDontBeCreepin, on 03 July 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

I'm trying to make a Hammer Cast but when I insert a Blank Cast into a Stencil Table, it only gives me the option for only the Ingot Cast, no other cast is available when I try to hit Previous or Next Cast.

This fixed my problem. i put the blank casts i made into the stencil table and made my casts. apparently you can no longer make casts by just putting the item in the casting table.

Register or log in to remove.

AngleWyrm

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostZeroKaiser, on 04 July 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

...the heck are you talking about?  Even with that change, you could still make ingot casts on the table.  Unless that was unintended.
Several trolls in this thread are learning the hard way that population behavior doesn't change by decree.

Have you ever pushed on a business door and discovered it's a pull door? It's funny once or twice. But have you ever repeatedly pushed on THE SAME DOOR when it's a pull door? Why? Is it cause "you stupid"? No, it's because almost all doors operate in a way that people become accustomed to over their entire lives. A very few doors are placed backwards, and throw you off.

Design and behavior patterns.

Psion
    Psion

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Apologies, but does anyone know if there's a way to use these buckets of molten iron i had by putting them back in the smelter or something? I have a bunch of it cause I was playing around with the smelter trying to figure it out, before realizing i needed molds out of aluminum brass. XD I got the molds now, but I couldn't figure out a way to put the molten iron back into the smelter for usage on the molds.

Also, is there a non cheaty way of getting replacement smelting books? A zombie stole mine. :(

brokenxnote

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

I currently can't make anything come out of the Smeltery. Whether it be the casting table or the casting basin, the faucets just don't want to work. I've tried breaking and replacing blocks on the Smeltery. I even tried building a NEW smeltery, but nope. Nothing wants to come out of faucets for some reason. Anyone else having similar problems? They were working fine before, but then they stopped working after I switched to TC 1.4dev, so presumably the problem is in the dev build somewhere.

View PostPsion, on 04 July 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Apologies, but does anyone know if there's a way to use these buckets of molten iron i had by putting them back in the smelter or something? I have a bunch of it cause I was playing around with the smelter trying to figure it out, before realizing i needed molds out of aluminum brass. XD I got the molds now, but I couldn't figure out a way to put the molten iron back into the smelter for usage on the molds.

Also, is there a non cheaty way of getting replacement smelting books? A zombie stole mine. Posted Image

Idk about the first question, but all the TC Books can be crafted. I believe the recipe may be in the first post. It's something really easy. Or you can check NEI for "Materials and You."

Psion
    Psion

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

View Postbrokenxnote, on 04 July 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Idk about the first question, but all the TC Books can be crafted. I believe the recipe may be in the first post. It's something really easy. Or you can check NEI for "Materials and You."

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot i had craftguide installed. XD It's a paper next to a blank wood pattern for the first book, then craft it by itself for second, then again for third. Didn't see it in the OP though.

Workerdrone

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostAngleWyrm, on 04 July 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

Several trolls in this thread are learning the hard way that population behavior doesn't change by decree.

Have you ever pushed on a business door and discovered it's a pull door? It's funny once or twice. But have you ever repeatedly pushed on THE SAME DOOR when it's a pull door? Why? Is it cause "you stupid"? No, it's because almost all doors operate in a way that people become accustomed to over their entire lives. A very few doors are placed backwards, and throw you off.

Except this door has a sign that says "Pull", but the "all doors must be Push to open" people are refusing to read it.

ZeroKaiser
  • Minecraft: ZeroKaiser

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

I dunno, I'm a bit on-the-fence about this whole "intuitive/unintuitive" debate.  Also, I can't tell if you're criticizing me or not.  Again, you could still make ingot casts on the table after mDiyo changed it, but you were limited to just that.  I'm thinking that the latest dev (7/10) may have broke that feature, because now I can't do it in previous dev versions either.

kdawg696
    kdawg696

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

What does thaumic do on tools?

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postkdawg696, on 04 July 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

At least, more modifiers. From what I have seen, full thaumium tools have 5 modifiers instead of 3.

mushroom_taco
  • Minecraft: mushroom_taco

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostFryoKnight, on 04 July 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Oh, wait, I thought you were talking about not being able to do Iron for making parts in the Part Table like everyone else. ^.^" Sorry about that. But I suggest trying and pouring aluminum brass or gold over a Ingot?
Don't worry, i made the same mistake... i don't think i'll be so hasty judging anymore :P
Posted Image

gokogt386
  • Minecraft: gokogt360
  • Xbox:All Da Blocks

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Just because some people don't seem to read what's in the books, I'm going to copy what "Mighty Smelting" says, word for word, about making tool casts.

"Blank casts are made by pouring aluminum brass or gold into an empty casting table. These can be turned into ingot casts in the Stencil Table.

Other part casts must be created by pouring metal [alumi brass or gold] around existing parts, like a pickaxe head, or on the wooden  pattern." The info comes exactly after the page on alloys.
I may or may not play GT. I also might be playing it with TiC. Some Metallurgy and ExtraTiC could be in the mix too. I might have also dropped in some TE as well. Some AE and BC could possibly be on the list. And I maybe- just maybe - there's NEI to assist in short-term memory loss that I may or may not have.

mercury19

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

So I've got a few things to say.

1) in regards to my earlier question about balkons weapons. I honestly have it seen all of the tools in this mod, but as I understand it l, there are no tools that LOOK like balkons. I have no problem with functionality. My thing is all about appearances and variety. Sure it's cool o have a cleaver, but what if you wanted a full iron halberd, because you like halberd a? I'm just wondering, feel free to assassinate me with a dead lava fish if need be.

2) I saw someone post something about getting a second book when you craft one of the tables. It made me feel stupid, because I've only ever gotten the materials from the NPC villages, thus never got the second book...

3) on the subject of information!  Lets just everyone put away your pitchforks and torches and flamethrowers. I think a good solution would be to simply have videos. After all updates, have someone make a video going over the basics, as well as the changes, in detail. Put it on the first post, and saw watch this in giant rainbow letters.
I'd even ve willing to do the first one. I've wanted not try my hand at a youtube video, although it would be my first, and it would be in a couple of days, cause I'm on vacation right now.

cheers, m19
Posted Image

Lonelyawakening

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

this mod used to work with armor status hub and show the correct remaining durability but after the latest update it dosent, is there any way to fix this or is it a bug?

Dodge34
    Dodge34

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Minecraft: Dodge34

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostLonelyawakening, on 04 July 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

this mod used to work with armor status hub and show the correct remaining durability but after the latest update it dosent, is there any way to fix this or is it a bug?

The durability wasn't correct so he had to make it work, now you should see the real durability of the tool and not a percentage or estimation like it was doing before.
Posted Image

Lonelyawakening

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostDodge34, on 04 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

The durability wasn't correct so he had to make it work, now you should see the real durability of the tool and not a percentage or estimation like it was doing before.
it was correct, and now its horribly horribly off my tool can break and it will say i still have 1500, like i said it worked intill this latest version

Eleongo
    Eleongo

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

View Postgokogt386, on 04 July 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Just because some people don't seem to read what's in the books, I'm going to copy what "Mighty Smelting" says, word for word, about making tool casts.

"Blank casts are made by pouring aluminum brass or gold into an empty casting table. These can be turned into ingot casts in the Stencil Table.

Other part casts must be created by pouring metal [alumi brass or gold] around existing parts, like a pickaxe head, or on the wooden  pattern." The info comes exactly after the page on alloys.
Allow me to explain the last part with screenshots as well:
1) You get non-metal tool parts using non-metal materials and wood pattern from part builder (Eq: Stone rod):
Spoiler:

2) You place the tool part onto casting table:
Spoiler:

3) Make sure you have aluminium brass liquid in the smeltery and pour it around the tool part:
Spoiler:

4) Wait for seconds for the cast to be hardened and that's it, now you got your cast!
Spoiler:

If this is very useful to people who don't like to read and instead love to refer to screenshots, be sure to add it to first post Posted Image

Kraal
    Kraal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

This conversation has since left the realm of Tinkers discussion.  Please let the argument die, everything that needs to be said here in this thread has been said, and more.  If you must continue, please use PMs.

View PostPsion, on 04 July 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Let me post a picture that Diyo gave me when I asked how to get liquids back into the smeltery:
Spoiler:
On the top layer of your smeltery, place a drain with small side facing up.
Place a tank or either of the the seared glass one up and out from the drain.
Place a faucet on the tank to drain into the drain block you placed. (As though the tank were a drain, and the actual drain a casting table)
Viola!  Right click the faucet, watch smeltery fill up.

View Postbrokenxnote, on 04 July 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

I currently can't make anything come out of the Smeltery. Whether it be the casting table or the casting basin, the faucets just don't want to work. I've tried breaking and replacing blocks on the Smeltery. I even tried building a NEW smeltery, but nope. Nothing wants to come out of faucets for some reason. Anyone else having similar problems? They were working fine before, but then they stopped working after I switched to TC 1.4dev, so presumably the problem is in the dev build somewhere.
Thi is an issue that several people are having, but that I've yet been able to replicate.  I do not know what the problem is.  I can only offer vague suggestions that might just be rumor.
One or two users have said creating an alloy and draining the alloy has fixed the problem.
Someone once mentioned that too much seared glass instead of using the actual seared brick block for constructing the smeltery might be causing a problem.

Again, I have confirmed neither of these, since I can't yet replicate the problem.
We will have to wait till Diyo comes back from vacation to fix this.  For now, downgrade in dev versions or to the latest stable version until the problem is solved.

View Postkdawg696, on 04 July 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

The Thaumium trait: If one part of a tool is Thaumium, then the tool will have an extra modifier.
If the tool only requires two parts to make, and the whole tool is made of thaumium, then it will have two extra modifiers.
If the tool requires three or more parts to make and it has three or more thaumium parts, it will have two extra modifiers.

View Postmercury19, on 04 July 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

So I've got a few things to say.

1) in regards to my earlier question about balkons weapons. I honestly have it seen all of the tools in this mod, but as I understand it l, there are no tools that LOOK like balkons. I have no problem with functionality. My thing is all about appearances and variety. Sure it's cool o have a cleaver, but what if you wanted a full iron halberd, because you like halberd a? I'm just wondering, feel free to assassinate me with a dead lava fish if need be.

2) I saw someone post something about getting a second book when you craft one of the tables. It made me feel stupid, because I've only ever gotten the materials from the NPC villages, thus never got the second book...

3) on the subject of information!  Lets just everyone put away your pitchforks and torches and flamethrowers. I think a good solution would be to simply have videos. After all updates, have someone make a video going over the basics, as well as the changes, in detail. Put it on the first post, and saw watch this in giant rainbow letters.
I'd even ve willing to do the first one. I've wanted not try my hand at a youtube video, although it would be my first, and it would be in a couple of days, cause I'm on vacation right now.

cheers, m19
1) There is an API available for Tinkers.  I don't know what exactly it lets you add to Tinkers, but if you know java or have a friend who's willing to make a mod for you, then you can try adding more weapons yourself as an addon.
2) Hmm.  I never really thought about people not making stuff because of village looting.  Perhaps we can get Diyo to add something in the first book about crafting an item to get the next book, and again in the second book to get the third.
3) Diyo's response will probably be something along the lines of "If you want to make videos and post them for an update, then go ahead.  I won't do it."
That said, if someone actual decides to make videos, then I would suggest waiting for stable versions.

View PostLonelyawakening, on 04 July 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

it was correct, and now its horribly horribly off my tool can break and it will say i still have 1500, like i said it worked intill this latest version
From a quick look, the mod has an option to display percentage of durability left.  Do you have the option enabled, perchance? I noticed you said it will still say 1500, so I don't think it's likely, but still something to be checked.
Are you using an updated version of Armor Status Hud?
If none of these solve your problem, and you absolutely must see remaining durability, then I suggest moving to Durability 101 while you search around for the problem.  It does not do as much as armor status hud does, but it's showing durability correctly for me.  When I have a bit more time (admittedly, probably not for a couple days or so) I will see if there's anything I can find out for you.

TooFatToFunction

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

Is it possible to automatically feed the Smeltery Controller? I tried piping in ore from a chest, and that works great until the Smeltery Controller gets full, once its full the ore starts coming out of the pipe and ending up on the ground :(

Kraal
    Kraal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostTooFatToFunction, on 05 July 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

Is it possible to automatically feed the Smeltery Controller? I tried piping in ore from a chest, and that works great until the Smeltery Controller gets full, once its full the ore starts coming out of the pipe and ending up on the ground Posted Image
I'm not big on automation or redstone, but have you tried the vanilla hopper?
If you take a look at the pictures on the first post, it has one about automation, though I admit it's just a picture and not much info.  You just need to place all the important blocks on the top layer.
I don't know how to use the hopper, I've never delved into redstone/automation much.  So I can't offer much more than this, good luck.

Anyone else have tips for Function?

TooFatToFunction

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostKraal, on 05 July 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

I'm not big on automation or redstone, but have you tried the vanilla hopper?
If you take a look at the pictures on the first post, it has one about automation, though I admit it's just a picture and not much info.  You just need to place all the important blocks on the top layer.
I don't know how to use the hopper, I've never delved into redstone/automation much.  So I can't offer much more than this, good luck.

Anyone else have tips for Function?

Putting a hopper on top would kind of work, but it limits the Smeltery to be only 1 block high :(