Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwertygiy

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostmDiyo, on 18 February 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

The Smeltery is starting to look really good...
<snip>

Ohhhhhh, the pain of needing patience... I'm waiting on this just as eagerly as I was waiting on the MystCraft and Ars Magica updates a few days ago.
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

Register or log in to remove.

elemenster

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostmDiyo, on 16 February 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

elemenster: Each level of reinforced has a 10% chance to not use durability.

scottyaa275: I have half a manual written. It should double as a crafting guide and an explanation of what things do.

_i_n_h: Eventually, yes. Thaumium is a tier 2 metal.

Mr_person1234321: It's a bug. There's supposed to be a texture, but it's absolutely useless until the next update.

elemenster: 4 layers on a sprite + 3 modifiers was as good as I could get the renderer going before it started to lag. Perhaps in 1.5 I can do fancier things.
thanks and so its technical limitations gotcha

View PostmDiyo, on 17 February 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

Marvl101: Possibility, but not likely to happen until tier 3 crafters materialize.

AnonTheMouse: Harken Scythe support isn't a bad idea. Redpower gems will be usable as modifiers. Sickles, well... Mattocks tear through plans, and scythes would have the same ability.

Horses, probably not. Oxen will be the strong animal to ride and put stuff on. Drills and other types of machine tools will be a thing, but not like IC2 does it...
more like steves carts?

1.4.6 and 1.4.7 are compatible with each other. I do not support Technic in any way though, so you're on your own.

Posted Image
SHINY!

Caiman Crocigator

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

1.4.6 and 1.4.7 are compatible with each other. I do not support Technic in any way though, so you're on your own.

Posted Image
I absolutely LOVE it! This is completely amazing! One thing I might ask, is what ore are you melting down in there? and Another thing, is the thing to the left the tier 2 table, and will it actually show the picture of the tool you are modifying? If so one thing to note is you took out diamond tools, why is there one on the table? I also noticed that you can actually see the lava level from the outside, you tank is about half empty. I love everything about it!
Posted Image

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Qwertygiy: When I start nearing the end of projects like this I get impatient. I can't even play the game when things are this close.

elemenster: I'm not sure what steve's carts has to do with anything.

Caiman Crocigator: That's Aluminum Brass. What you can't see is there's copper and bronze below it too. There's two buckets worth of lava in that tank. I have a few other tanks for storing liquids around somewhere...

The table on the left is the Casting Table. It's the tier 2 Part Builder. Combined with metal patterns, you'll be able to pour metal in it and have them be any shape you like. Ingots, tool parts, metal plates, perhaps others. The diamond sword in the table is just a test; it's actually showing the tool inside.

The tier 2 Tool Station will be made from metals. I do like making multiple metal tables, mhm.
Posted Image

AnonTheMouse

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

This is getting pretty exciting. I'm in the process of getting a new world set up, and you have me wondering if I should hold off for a little while.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

SpitefulFox
  • Minecraft: SpitefulFox

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm so excited for the next update.  FTB should add this mod to their pack.

Darthrafael
  • Minecraft: DarthRafael

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostSpitefulFox, on 19 February 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

I'm so excited for the next update.  FTB should add this mod to their pack.

They can't, not without mDiyo's permission.

Forget what I said. Didn't fully read the License part.

Posted Image

AnonTheMouse

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostDarthrafael, on 19 February 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

They can't, not without mDiyo's permission.

You mean this permission?

View PostmDiyo, on 24 January 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

License
This mod is covered under the Creative Commons 3.0 license. Modpacks are encouraged, feel free to do anything you like with it. I only ask that you enjoy it!

Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

Darthrafael
  • Minecraft: DarthRafael

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostAnonTheMouse, on 19 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

You mean this permission?
Oh lol, didn't see that there.

Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I've posted a link and short description of it on their Central Mod Permissions thread, alongside several other free-to-use publicly-licensed mods, like InfiCraft, MineFactory Reloaded 2, and Xeno's Reliquary. Maybe they'll take notice :)

Also, this may be a bit of a strange request, but I have an inter-compatibility feature idea.

Would it be possible to remove all other crafting recipes from vanilla tools (and basic simple mod-added tools like bronze from IC2 or steel from Railcraft) and then add a convert-to-vanilla crafting recipe feature?

For example, instead of being able to craft a wood-handled wood-binding stone-headed pickaxe in the tool station, and also being able to craft three cobblestone above two sticks to get a normal stone pickaxe, it should only be possible to make the stone pickaxe by putting the wood-handled wood-binding stone-headed pickaxe in the crafting table.

You might wonder, "why in the world would you want to do that? It'll make your tools break, and you can't add modifiers!" Well, to take an example from one of those mods I mentioned above, MFR2 machine recipes often require golden tools to craft. And being able to just make normal tools the "easy" way seems a little cheaty. I know there's no actual golden tools yet, but something could probably be worked out.
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

Blockmaster139

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostQwertygiy, on 19 February 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I've posted a link and short description of it on their Central Mod Permissions thread, alongside several other free-to-use publicly-licensed mods, like InfiCraft, MineFactory Reloaded 2, and Xeno's Reliquary. Maybe they'll take notice Posted Image

Also, this may be a bit of a strange request, but I have an inter-compatibility feature idea.

Would it be possible to remove all other crafting recipes from vanilla tools (and basic simple mod-added tools like bronze from IC2 or steel from Railcraft) and then add a convert-to-vanilla crafting recipe feature?

For example, instead of being able to craft a wood-handled wood-binding stone-headed pickaxe in the tool station, and also being able to craft three cobblestone above two sticks to get a normal stone pickaxe, it should only be possible to make the stone pickaxe by putting the wood-handled wood-binding stone-headed pickaxe in the crafting table.

You might wonder, "why in the world would you want to do that? It'll make your tools break, and you can't add modifiers!" Well, to take an example from one of those mods I mentioned above, MFR2 machine recipes often require golden tools to craft. And being able to just make normal tools the "easy" way seems a little cheaty. I know there's no actual golden tools yet, but something could probably be worked out.

The thing is pickaxes crafted this way would be cheaty because they use less material. For example. an iron pickaxe crafted like this would use 1 iron ingot for the head and 1 wooden plank for binding and rod. Even if you use iron for the binding, that still only takes 1.5 iron ingots

Anyway, could we have mystic ores support please :)
nothing to see here, move along now

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

ETA for the next update is 2 days to infinity. Probably closer to 2 days, but my family likes to muck things up so it could take a week. :D

AnonTheMouse: I may tweak the worldgen a bit between now and release, but nothing dramatic.

Qwertygiy: I've thought about it, considered it, tried such things. There are two problems with this. First, I do not have gold or diamond tools. I will never have diamond tools, so you'll never be able to get one. Second, there will be many people who say "Y I NO MAKE WOOD PICKAXE".

I feel the same way. If Minecraft was my game, I would replace the normal tool crafting with this.

Blockmaster139: I thought mystic ores died with 1.7.3?
Posted Image

Blockmaster139

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostmDiyo, on 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

ETA for the next update is 2 days to infinity. Probably closer to 2 days, family notwithstanding.

AnonTheMouse: I may tweak the worldgen a bit between now and release, but nothing dramatic.

Qwertygiy: I've thought about it, considered it, tried such things. There are two problems with this. First, I do not have gold or diamond tools. I will never have diamond tools, so you'll never be able to get one. Second, there will be many people who say "Y I NO MAKE WOOD PICKAXE".

I feel the same way. If Minecraft was my game, I would replace the normal tool crafting with this.

Blockmaster139: I thought mystic ores died with 1.7.3?

There's a fan update by oitsjustjose, and it's better than ever. These tools should definitely be at least tier 2 though : http://www.minecraft...uinsstones-v12/
nothing to see here, move along now

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

This mod is new to me, im not playing with it yet but it looks good. I think metallurgy 2 base metal (maybe precious too) support will tempt me into using it. I have asked the Metallurgy 2 guys about copper bronze and steel chainmail, its something ive wanted to see for a while and I think would be easy to do ? Ive also asked JadeKnightBlazer about copper bronze and steel chainmail, he has a nice mod that makes chains, chainmail and chain elevators. Hes busy on another mod of his so he wont be doing it anytime soon.

zerofox21898
  • Minecraft: zerofox21898

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostmDiyo, on 12 February 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

BluntSword: Aluminum is well and truly useless. Cobalt and Ardite should have smelting recipes at least. Both of them need the smeltery to be used to full effect.

Darthrafael: Odd, I thought I fixed that.

zerofox21898: Not at all. Free enchantments on top of modifiers would get so overpowered I wouldn't know where to begin. Most enchantments will have equivalent modifiers in the future, and you'll be able to add some via enchanted books.
I like you

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostmDiyo, on 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

As to the first problem, I was thinking iron-headed tool with diamond modifier would work. Obviously there's no gold modifier yet, and I don't know what the status for that will ever be, but just my opinion.

I totally understand the n00b problem, though. That's the problem with changing anything in vanilla.

Oh well. Maybe I'll go GregTechy on it once the mod is more complete and work on an add-on mod that does that :) It'd probably make furnaces harder to obtain, too, because of frying pans and the Smeltery stuff.

WHICH REMINDS ME... perhaps we can have molten/stained glass? ;) I know that every other mod does it, but still.

Marvl101
    Marvl101

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Minecraft: Marvl101

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

greg tech metal compatability would be cool

would you need to cool down the new metal tools?

cause that would be an awesome feature to add

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Qwertygiy: I would like molten glass. Melting it down into a liquid would make a clearer variety, something more pure. Dying it is going to be a bit more involved. you'll need a vat for shaping blocks, liquid dye, aqueducts for moving liquids around... well, let's say I hate how buildcraft pipes float in midair.

Marvl101: Yes, you'll have to cool them off. Leaving them in the table will cool slowly, or you can throw them in a cauldron for instant shaped metal part.
Posted Image

Taigore
    Taigore

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Good work on the smeltery, its definitely a cool structure, but does that mean that to do even iron/bronze/copper tools, that right now can be made at a part builder, we'll have to cast the parts with the smeltery now?
Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostmDiyo, on 19 February 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Qwertygiy: I would like molten glass. Melting it down into a liquid would make a clearer variety, something more pure. Dying it is going to be a bit more involved. you'll need a vat for shaping blocks, liquid dye, aqueducts for moving liquids around... well, let's say I hate how buildcraft pipes float in midair.

So, basically, you'll be implementing half of Thermal Expansion :P Well, I never really use it anyway.

Vat for shaping blocks... does that mean we might have stained glass panes, too? Or Storm Windows perhaps, made around a wood or metal frame for blast resistance? :D