9303 replies to this topic

dameon226

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

think you could add armor

Register or log in to remove.

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

dameon220: You and many other people have asked about armor, he is working on it. The topic lists what he is working on. Check the Dev Outline spoiler
Posted Image

bushbaby1234

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

https://www.dropbox....7s77/MUQv6tGR6q

when i harvest oreberry bushes i get "ghost berries" left behind and i pick up the items relogging fixes the ghosts.
its its on a server.
i couldnt get the pictures to work for me so heres my dropbox link for them

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

welcome back, mDiyo. I'm glad you had a good time.
Posted Image

TheLegendaryFoxFire
  • Minecraft: TheFoxFire

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Welcome back. Hope you had a great time.

VexxMyst
  • Minecraft: VexxMyst

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

I completely understand.

Well, to go into my aforementioned detail, you would start by going into a tool station and creating a tsuka, the handle of a Japanese weapon and the center of these weapons, by taking a rod and wood planks and/or wool to decorate it. The following recipes will be put in a list to save room-

Katana- The equivalent of a longsword, this would be created with a wide guard, tsuka, and sword blade. The secondary function could be a charged rush that harms any mobs/players in the way for a large amount of damage (I was thinking perhaps twice the base damage.) swords with the 'Electric' modification should deal more damage with the dash attack.

Wakizashi- Similar to the Katana, but with lower damage, and the recipe replaces the sword blade with that of a knife's.

Tanto- Counterpart to the knife, made with a tsuka and a knife blade. The secondary could be to block.

Fu Tao- Also known as hook swords, these would be equal to rapiers, and perhaps better for dual wielding when it's either implemented in this or vanilla. These swords are made with a tsuka, crossbar, and curved blade (new component?) I was thinking the secondary would be performed with another fu tao in the hotbar, which would be to connect the two for an extended swing. (I understand how hard this would be with modelling, but it's the only logical secondary I can think of, and you may see from a better point of view.)

Miao Dao- Comparable to the broadsword, this sword is made with a sword blade, handguard, and tsuka. It's right-click would be to swing sideways to hit multiple enemies, if this is possible.

Naginata- A polearm, crafted with A tsuka, rod, and curved blade, it would have a longer reach, and the secondary would be a stabbing motion.

Are there any things that need more explaining?

fantasyheaven

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostmDiyo, on 24 January 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

- Disabled inventory tabs
- Reworked how repairs happen
- More modifiers reduces the efficiency of repairs
- Each repair degrades the tool a little, requiring more materials to repair

careful, greg's "balance" virus is getting into you

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

fantasyheaven: Tedium is not difficulty.

VexxMyst: You focused on how to make the tools, not how they would be different from what's already in the mod. Anything added needs to be sufficiently different from the existing content to matter.

I have plans for a Katana and a Naginata already. Care to argue for the rest?

Posted Image

CyanideX
    CyanideX

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

A katana sounds awesome.

I've been watching this mod for a while now and the advancements are incredible. Really looking forward to updating my server.

Posted Image

sondrex
    sondrex

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Minecraft: sondrex76

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

if anybpdy want Tconstruct mobs to spawn install one of this mods: http://www.minecraft...upport-updated/ (mob spawn controlls)
http://www.minecraft...awn-controls-2/ (mob spawn controll 2) boath are updated to 1.5.2 but version 2 is better in many ways but are more a beta.
i am sondrex but you can call me sondrex76 if somebody know a forum admin can you tell me i realy want to talk with them about why i got banned for no reason at all.

MattThePadawan

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

Has this been confirmed to work on 1.5.2? Just wanna check before i bother downloading it and adding it to my bunch of mods.

Posted Image

With the Better Than Wolves mod!

CyanideX
    CyanideX

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostMattThePadawan, on 13 May 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

Has this been confirmed to work on 1.5.2? Just wanna check before i bother downloading it and adding it to my bunch of mods.

You can always try it out... if it doesn't work, just remove it. :P

Posted Image

MinerMiah

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hey there mDiyo, I just want to start off by thanking you, this mod has become one I simply cant play without, huge fan=). I've spent nearly every waking hour over the last week putting together a 128x texture pack for your mod. It was just going to be for myself but the project became so huge because of all the work you've done that I decided to release it. I just wanted to let you know since it's your mod=). I hope you like it. The pack is done in Sphax fasion, it is also in the new 1.5+ texture format. If you have any suggestions or simply hate it I would love to know.

Heres a link to the texture pack if you would like to take a look and again thank you for making minecraft sooooo much better for me.

http://bdcraft.net/f...nker-constructs

Damien_Darkside

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Quite frankly I wouldn't mind a modifier that allows for trees to be cut down from where you chop it, or take the Thaumcraft route and have a modifier that chopped trees from the top down.

I was using TreeCapacitor, but the mod's axes weren't supported, and I hate cutting large oak trees. This would put more emphasis on hatchets, rather than enhancing weapons.

Plus if you ARE going to do polearms, maybe an Axe Head + Dagger Blade + Pole = Halberd? Maybe have it as one of these "Tier two" thingies I have read once or twice in this thread.

Pretty much the sword blade has three uses while Axes in their own right only have one major use since I just craft hoes instead of that mat... whatever the shovel axe is.

MinerMiah

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostMattThePadawan, on 13 May 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

It works great on 1.5.2

Daraku_Dakara

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

First off, my friends and I have been loving this mod!  You have created an awesome addition to the game, giving an alternative to tech based tools and weapons.  On my server, even with IC2 and Modular Powersuits, we have been sticking with your tools.

A couple of suggestions / things people on my server wish were in the mod;

Ranged weapons.  (I know it is up as a priority and allready getting worked on, just thought I would put up ideas)

Bows:
Short Bow;  fast speed, able to put more arrows down range for medium dammage per arrow. (don't know what a special could be)
Long Bow;  Slow speed, but long range for high dammage.  Special, Over draw.  Much higher dammage but takes longer to draw.
CrossBow; (Maybe only made out of higher materials) Fast speed, high damage, but takes a long time to reload. (clip fed, clips expensive to make)  Special could be unloading several bolts at once.

As for Katana's, with how the sword works and is actually used, the special should be either a decapitation (guaraneed on normal mobs, on wither skellitons have it be 80% chance of getting a regular skull, 20% for wither skull to keep from being overpowered), Or hiting multiple mobs at once.

Oh, and I peronsally have no idea how it would work, but everyone wants shields. >_<

Also, Damien_Darkside;  You can add the axes from this mod to TreeCapitator's config really easy. Did so for my server.

MinerMiah

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostDamien_Darkside, on 13 May 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Quite frankly I wouldn't mind a modifier that allows for trees to be cut down from where you chop it, or take the Thaumcraft route and have a modifier that chopped trees from the top down.

I was using TreeCapacitor, but the mod's axes weren't supported, and I hate cutting large oak trees. This would put more emphasis on hatchets, rather than enhancing weapons.

Plus if you ARE going to do polearms, maybe an Axe Head + Dagger Blade + Pole = Halberd? Maybe have it as one of these "Tier two" thingies I have read once or twice in this thread.

Pretty much the sword blade has three uses while Axes in their own right only have one major use since I just craft hoes instead of that mat... whatever the shovel axe is.

Heya just wanted to throw this out there. I don't know if you know but the timber mod is similar to the TreeCapacitor, I believe. and I know in timbers config file you can add ids to modded axes so they will also chop the whole tree down. This may be a fix for you for the time being.

Zratrek
    Zratrek

Carpenter

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostmDiyo, on 10 May 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

I will be visiting family this weekend, starting now. No internet ftw?
danky: It's on my to-do list. That list is rather long...
Zratrek: Adding a config option for more ingots will completely defeat the point of higher tier tools later.
Taigore: A couple of those are nice. I'll add some bricks when I get back.

View PostZratrek, on 10 May 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

nah? it is really simple. u can make higher tier tools require more ingots too... ofc u can make it something like([cfg] 2xMoreIngotsNeeded?=true) what i mean by that, is that u can make only 2 choices, and no play with variables (sry for english)

View PostSilvasRuin, on 10 May 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

As long as it's a config option and doesn't muck with the compatibility of other mods, I don't see how there would be a problem. Well, besides the extra work of making sure everything worked both with it on and with it off... (I'm one of the people that would be interested in something of the sort depending on how it's done.)

aletissier

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Welcome back mDiyo :)

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for such a fun mod and thanks to Direwolf for introducing it to me!
To me, it doesn't feel too "moddy" just a big upgrade to vanilla.

Can't wait to see what's coming, especially for bows and armour - would be interesting to be able to tinker with arrows somehow (quartz and blaze powder = win!)

Posted Image

mrbysco
    mrbysco

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Minecraft: Habselaar

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

I have a little problem with the book. The recipe image is weird. but when i make it myself its fine. PICS
http://imgur.com/qeSV70t
http://imgur.com/4QnVM1f
http://imgur.com/aTrtRft
As you can see the image in the book is messed up but the items themself are just fine...
(i do have optifine dont know if that the problem + the newest forge)

Just want to let you see. :P i do already know the recipes but i just want to report a bug i have...