mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2010 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Choose the way your tomorrow wants to be.

Just think about it. How do you want tomorrow to go? Think about it hard enough and it just might happen.
Suggestions should be directed to the suggestion thread.

Tinkers' Construct is a mod about putting tools together in a wide variety of ways, then modifying them until they turn into something else. The tools never disappear and can be named and changed to your heart's desire. Once you make them, they're yours forever. Any world generation included in the mod is more efficient, but not required to progress.

Tinkers' Construct is a tech companion to Natura. The mods play well separately, but work best together.

Like the mod and have a few coins to spare? Donating keeps adf.ly off of the download links and goes towards hosting or development of the mod.

Posted Image

Alternatively you could become a patron for myself or progwml6 and keep things flowing smoothly.

1.6.X Downloads
Stable version, recommended for servers.
TConstruct - 1.5.5.1
Mechworks - Moved
TConstruct API - 6.2.0

1.7.2 Downloads
Alpha versions, likely full of bugs. Use at your own risk!
Mantle - 0.2.6
TConstruct - 1.6.0a12

Older versions
Spoiler:

Addons
Iguana Tweaks for Tinkers' Construct
Extra TiC - Metallurgy support
Tinkers' Steelworks
TiC Tooltips
AOBD
Ex Aliquo - Ex Nihilo
Thaumic Integration - Thaumcraft 4

Texture Pack Additions
Sphax BDCraft
Soartex

1.7 Dev Changelog
Spoiler:
1.6 Dev Changelog
Spoiler:

Changelog
Spoiler:

For talking about the mod, modding in general, or other things, you can find me on irc.esper.net, #TinkersConstruct

Let's Plays:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

To get started you need a few tables and a place to put your patterns.
Posted Image

Be sure to put the pattern chest by the part builder, as you can access them together.
Posted Image

You build, modify, and repair tools like so.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1.2 brings a new multi-block structure for turning metals into liquids.
Posted Image
Posted Image
It can be automated with redstone and hoppers.
Posted Image

The mod also brings a few mobs to the game, like this fellow here.
Posted Image

Armor has started, but is very unfinished and would need to be done by the community. Here's your hints:
Posted Image
Posted Image

And that's all there is to it! There's a lot of depth in the system, and most things are documented in-game. Anything that isn't is left for you to explore.

FAQ
Q: My tool places torches/blocks on right-click, is this a bug?
A: This is intentional. And useful.

Q: I'm playing with Aether 2 or Galacticraft and I can't see the armor tab, help!
A: Press "O"

Q: What other mods does this support?
A: Anything with copper and bronze ingots can be turned into tools. XyCraft aluminum and TConstruct aluminum are equivalent, and IC2 has an electric modifier. Metallurgy is supported through an addon - check the downloads section.

There is specific compatibility built in for Minefactory Reloaded, Waila, Forge Multipart, and a few others.

Q: What mods are incompatible with this?
A: MultiMine prevents the broad area on Tier 2 tools from working. GregTech may not work at all. OptiFine and any bukkit envrionment (MCPC+, BukkitForge) aren't supported either.

Q: I have a bug with 1.5.2. Can you fix it?
A: Report 1.5.2 bugs here.

Q: I can't update because of other mods/modpacks!
A: This is a personal choice that we will not cater to. If you're going to use a modpack, you accept all responsibility for updating mods yourself, like you normally would. Likewise, not updating because other mods haven't updated does not mean we have to support you.

It's unfair to ask us to fix bugs that have already been fixed in later versions of Minecraft.

Q: I gave myself some tools from /give or NEI and it crashes!
A: You have given yourself a default tool with no data. The tool really needs the data. Pull one out of the creative menu or put the parts together normally.

Installation and Troubleshooting
First, make sure you've downloaded and installed Minecraft Forge. (alternate) TConstruct goes in the mods folder inside .minecraft or your server's mods folder.

If you're still having problems: run this Error Test and post the results on this thread.

License
This mod is covered under the Creative Commons 3.0 license. Modpacks are encouraged, feel free to do anything you like with it. I only ask that you enjoy it!

Signature
Posted Image
Paste this code in your signature:
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-tconstruct/][img]http://i.imgur.com/6AqQCQ2.png[/img][/url]

Source code can be found on github under a Public Domain license.

Current TConstruct creation team:
progwml6 - Devleoper, Compatibility
alexbegt - Developer, Updating
mDiyo - Project Leader, Maintainer

Credits
fuj1n - Landmines, former developer
Fudgy_Fetus - Cutlasses
NekoGloop - Thaumium Textures
Skyboy - New tool renderer
Zerokyuuni - Battlegear support
Vexatos - Translations
BluSunrize - Casting Channels
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Lapis finally made it into your mod :') Now all we need are Infigorillas
Posted Image

Zerokyuuni

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostFudgy Fetus, on 24 January 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Lapis finally made it into your mod :') Now all we need are Infigorillas

McGamer will be pleased

SuperSupermario24

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

This is awesome.

I'm still wondering about the Ardite, Cobalt, and Manyullyn, though :\
Posted Image
I am a being who can bend the very fabric of space and time to my liking. I'm usually a creeper but I can be anything.
Posted Image ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2010 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostSuperSupermario24, on 24 January 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

I'm still wondering about the Ardite, Cobalt, and Manyullyn, though :\
Even if I added the ores, there's no way to process them right now. You'd need the smeltery, casting table, hardened moulds, upgraded tool station... what you're seeing right now is tier 1. Tier 2 will come later.
Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwertygiy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I firmly believe this mod is as worthy of a place among the Great Tech Mods of Eternal Mechanisms as all the other greats that have earned a position in its glorious halls.

Keep up the epic work, mDiyo.

EDIT, May 14, 2013: W00t, congrats on 100 pages of posts! It's been a while since I got this post on the first page and TConstruct has come such a long way since then. And it's been an awesome road, with no speed limit, no end in sight and a whole lot of interesting scenery in the rearview and coming up ahead.
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

foreverblu
  • Minecraft: foreverblu

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Thats awesome.
Posted Image <-------Help this poor little hatchling and watch it grow! It needs you :) Just1 Click on the picture would help a lot~~!!! THX!

_insert_name_here_27

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Good idea putting T Construct here. Thanks for our advice on Mo Creatures BTW, but I already had it installed. Anyway, loving this mod,  best one ever. Are you going to make armour have slots, so you can put modifiers in them.[shaking with excitement].
Thanks
Posted Image

Dargon_Slayer

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Would you like me to make you a Mod Spotlight video?

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2010 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

A mod spotlight would be lovely. Go for it!
Posted Image

AlexanderDrake

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Just installed your mod and its absolutely lovely. I enjoy being able to customize my weapons and tools before enchanting and having something other than just plain swords as weapons.

_insert_name_here_27

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

mDiyo, could you please put a changelog here as you did with Inficraft, it would just come in handy.
Posted Image

Kimion
    Kimion

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Another amazing mod really love your work on Inficraft and i really love this mod thank you <3

Avskygod0
    Avskygod0

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Minecraft: Avskygod0

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I see this got a separate thread from Inficraft.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Marvl101
    Marvl101

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Minecraft: Marvl101

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Bug!

with the stencil maker if you put in it the blank stencil and click one of the buttons to change it. when you break it you get the blank stencil and the one you selected

Optical
    Optical

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Minecraft: Mine_Optical

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ooh, this sounds awesome. Was going to skip over due to my large amount of extra tools already from 100+ mods. But IC2 electric modifiers? This sold it for me.

One thing that'll be incredibly interesting to see, is tools with Thaumium bits in it. In my mind, it'd allow for the Thaumic enchantments. Posted Image
Or add a wand to a tool to add wand abilities Posted Image.

I assume there would be some restrictions in place/put in place at some point to prevent overpowered tools.

Edit: Argh, everytime I comment on a mod before downloading, I forget to download then! -.-
Cheers, Optical - Yami no Yami!
- Is it not better to be yourself, than to be reforged anew, wherein lies, hate, and guilt are contained, ready to erupt at any moment?

Blackoutmasked

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

would you like a spotlight / review of this magnificent mod ? i think this cab be an awesome mod :)

OldFafnir

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

this looks amazing! and only moments after it occured to me that this needs metallurgy support, I read you have it planned. just great! :D

Jhary
    Jhary

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Minecraft: Jhary

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I really like your mod. It brings some more depth into MC and it is really fun!

Posted Image

Herobrine273

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

am having trouble installing, This is the problem

Spoiler: