• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

If you could create a Fallout Vault experiment, what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

jackbro54321
  • Minecraft: jackbro123

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

For those who don't know, in Fallout several vaults where invented to keep people safe after the bombs fell. However, many of them were instead used for weird twisted experiments with the inmates. For instance, there was a vault in Fallout 3 full of nothing but clones of this guy called Gary.

If you could design a vault experiment what would you do?

I'd separate the vault in half, one half would contain 100 five year old boys, the other would contain 100 five year old girls. Both groups would have their memory completely erased (well, apart from language and other necessary stuff). Also each group would have robots who would take care of them and teach them about everything except sex-related stuff and would tell each group that they are the only gender e.g. tell the girls that only girls exist and tell the boys that only boys exist. The wall between the groups would remove itself in 15 years. Watch the result, optionally with popcorn.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Homem Pigman

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Slowly, over time in my vault, I will lower the oxygen count and raise the gravity. Not fast enough that anyone notices. They train in many forms of martial arts, constantly. That way, when the vault opens and my people get out in the earth oxygen with 1g gravity, they are like damn superheroes.

Posted Image

Kylexys
    Kylexys

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Minecraft: Kylexys
  • Xbox:WishedRain3759

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I would make the whole floor out of trapdoors and each night someone would be selected to fall through and would then be replaced by someone else for example: John goes to sleep computer selects John, John falls through, John is Replaced By David who is brainwashed into thinking He is John.
http://startonate.ap...HlhaG9vLmNvLnVr
Click so I can get access to beta of the universe project, I click back.

nodnarb
    nodnarb

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I would lead the Tunnel Snakes.

pompadour ftw.
Posted Image

FireHazard128

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I would get 12 people and name them after the Zodiac. Then, I will give them some cybernetic implants like a gun for an arm.

And then they will become my personal army, MWAHAHAHA!!
"If a whale tries to sell you a pumpkin, don't."

Fredfredbug4

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

A vault where the inhabitants have no knowledge the outside world even existed. Fake history books are created and false lessons are taught to children detailing that the vault has existed since the dawn of time and nothing else has ever existed before it. Nothing else ever will. As a result, people will not be allowed to leave the vault.

Original inhabitants have their minds cleared and implanted with false memories. Even the overseer won't know there is an outside world.

Basically it's a twist on Vault 101. Vault 101 knows that there is an outside world, but they can never leave. This vault doesn't know anything is out there at all. The Vault is all that ever was and ever will be.
Posted Image

sankto
    sankto

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

I'd replace their water source with a ludicrous amount of Nuka Cola, or more precisely a highly caffeinated beverage.

Players would probably curse my name when they open the vault and see their framerate drop as they have to swim in soda bottles.
"If you aren't ashamed of what you coded 6 months ago, you aren't progressing as much as you should."
- My Website : Altar-Apps, Applications, Libraries, APIs, Code snippets and the Heart of Sin roguelike game!

Dinh AaronMk
  • Minecraft: The_Taunter

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Two people. One 10mm pistol. One round.

Clock starts.

BodOwens
    BodOwens

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Make an AI based from a woman, and give it some Neurotoxin. After that preserve some people and let the AI release the Neurotoxin, killing much of the vaults inhabitants. Then make the AI perform some tests to the preserved people, mostly to test weapons or teleportation technology. Lastly, wait for one of the subjects to defeat the crazed AI, then let the subject go with some food, weapons, and basic necessities. Repeat.
Hey guys, I have an idea! let's be negative and a total ass towards the game developers! that will make them listen to us!
Note the sarcasm.

Mastvlag
    Mastvlag

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Minecraft: Quintijn

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostFredfredbug4, on 22 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

A vault where the inhabitants have no knowledge the outside world even existed. Fake history books are created and false lessons are taught to children detailing that the vault has existed since the dawn of time and nothing else has ever existed before it. Nothing else ever will. As a result, people will not be allowed to leave the vault.

Original inhabitants have their minds cleared and implanted with false memories. Even the overseer won't know there is an outside world.

Basically it's a twist on Vault 101. Vault 101 knows that there is an outside world, but they can never leave. This vault doesn't know anything is out there at all. The Vault is all that ever was and ever will be.

And then, after X years of peace, the great door of the universe opened..

-
I'd build the vault so it looks like a medieval village, then brainwash the inhabitants into thinking they're also from that time period. Then, after X years, the gates of the village open.
Posted Image
Glory to Arstotzka.

Fredfredbug4

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostMastvlag, on 23 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

And then, after X years of peace, the great door of the universe opened..

That's a pretty cool idea actually. If the experiment goes as planned the vault dwellers will believe that a new universe was born.
Posted Image