• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to Advertise your Minecraft Server. A guide towards success!

advertising basics minecraft server help advertise minecraft server advertising pmc mcf players

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

EzzentialTime12
  • Minecraft: EzzentialTime12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Post out of commission. Will be redone soon!

Register or log in to remove.

Euthorix
    Euthorix

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts
  • Minecraft: Euthorix

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

A quick few suggestion -

Advertise before the server is released. A good amount of people like playing the server as it comes out, makes it way more fun.

Have a voting plugin, should you choose to have voting, and register it to a bunch of top lists. It always helps a bit. :)

Perhaps having a website makes things look more professional, showing potential players that you mean business and you won't be another server that's down in a month.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, nice thread. :)

Posted Image

Join this wonderful server today!

EzzentialTime12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostEuthorix, on 21 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

A quick few suggestion -

Advertise before the server is released. A good amount of people like playing the server as it comes out, makes it way more fun.

Have a voting plugin, should you choose to have voting, and register it to a bunch of top lists. It always helps a bit. Posted Image

Perhaps having a website makes things look more professional, showing potential players that you mean business and you won't be another server that's down in a month.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, nice thread. Posted Image
I will add that. Thanks for the suggestion. I just like helping people out.

AdduxP
    AdduxP

Dial M for Murder

• Retired Staff
  • 5472 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Nice post you got there! :D

Just one thing: you might want to provide a bit more detail on what to include in a server topic. A list plus short descriptions would be fine. Here are a few suggestions:
  - Server Name
  - Short description
  - IP address (Duh)
  - Website
  - Screenshots
  - Server rules
  - List of all the server/website staff

I’m pretty sure I’m overlooking quite a few things, but those are the basics. Other than that, nice post!

- Entei

Posted Image

I also used to have links to my Twitter and Steam profiles here but Black Ice is much more important c:

EzzentialTime12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Added: 'Posting Ahead of Time' and 'Recommended Server Plugins' to the list!

View PostAdduxP, on 21 January 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Nice post you got there! Posted Image

Just one thing: you might want to provide a bit more detail on what to include in a server topic. A list plus short descriptions would be fine. Here are a few suggestions:
  - Server Name
  - Short description
  - IP address (Duh)
  - Website
  - Screenshots
  - Server rules
  - List of all the server/website staff

I’m pretty sure I’m overlooking quite a few things, but those are the basics. Other than that, nice post!

- Entei
Thanks for the help, and details!

EzzentialTime12

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Added the Recommendations section to the post. Please recommend what should be added, and I shall do it! :)

collguy555

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Thanks. I learnt not to advertise directly the hard way :( I got infracted multiple times :(
Posted Image

EzzentialTime12

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, you have to be careful when you advertise.

mohawkguy360
  • Minecraft: mohawkguy360

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thanks for the thread. I have been having some trouble starting off my Minecraft server, and this was really helpful for me. I am definitely going to take in your advice to learn how to better advertise my server.
Posted Image

ChinaWhite991
  • Minecraft: chinawhite991

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Here is a good article full of useful tips for anyone looking to advertise their Minecraft server: http://www.info-junkie.com/mcadd
Posted Image
http://www.vanillacrack.com (minecraft server, game tutorials) info-junkie.com

Therehere3

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Go ahead and advertise your minecraft server at www.Minecraft-serverlist.weebly.com
HungerGame, Infected, Spleef:  198.8.95.128

EzzentialTime12

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostTherehere3, on 10 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Go ahead and advertise your minecraft server at www.Minecraft-serverlist.weebly.com
Never trust websites that don't actually have a published domain...

I know this post has gotten old, but I will continue the post and make it better off suggestions.

EzzentialTime12

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Added the section "What websites to trust and untrust. Also, what are they for?" to the list. Accepting more recommendations.

Aronuserparty98
  • Minecraft: aronuserparty98

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

What a server should be sure to offer is also a special aspect. There are far too many Hunger games servers, Factions servers and so on. Instead, recommend people to focus on what they could do to stand out from the rest. A custom plugin, a custom map, a special type of gameplay, a fun plugin that allows something unusual/special. Well, basically something special.

EzzentialTime12

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostAronuserparty98, on 01 June 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

What a server should be sure to offer is also a special aspect. There are far too many Hunger games servers, Factions servers and so on. Instead, recommend people to focus on what they could do to stand out from the rest. A custom plugin, a custom map, a special type of gameplay, a fun plugin that allows something unusual/special. Well, basically something special.
Correct. Make variety of servers and game types. Having the same one will not benefit you whatsoever.

kocayd03
    kocayd03

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

I did every thing but i only got 25-30 new players and they all got off and with in 1 hour

EzzentialTime12

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postkocayd03, on 17 June 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I did every thing but i only got 25-30 new players and they all got off and with in 1 hour
The reason to that could vary. First off, why did they leave? That's your question. Find a solution to that problem and find a better solution, a better way of it.

cxboy
    cxboy

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 430 posts
  • Minecraft: cxboy

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

My server just wont grow... Can you check out my mcf post to see what's the problem? My website is in my post, and the url of my post in in my banner (I made that myself, nice huh? :D)

The server is currently down for server maintenance, it will be back up soon...

I am also trying to make a plugin as well as offering signature services to advertise my server, not sure if that's a good idea or not...
Receive 10%off for your Minecraft Servers from us using this coupon code @ checkout: NICKPH
Posted Image

EzzentialTime12

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postcxboy, on 18 June 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

My server just wont grow... Can you check out my mcf post to see what's the problem? My website is in my post, and the url of my post in in my banner (I made that myself, nice huh? :D)

The server is currently down for server maintenance, it will be back up soon...

I am also trying to make a plugin as well as offering signature services to advertise my server, not sure if that's a good idea or not...
That is a good signature, but I wouldn't post the owner (no disrespect) on your banner. It takes away the momentum and space. You could add details about your server in that corner ;)

Now coming to your post, everything seems legit. Provides excellent information about the server and a big greeting.

cxboy
    cxboy

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 430 posts
  • Minecraft: cxboy

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostEzzentialTime12, on 18 June 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

That is a good signature, but I wouldn't post the owner (no disrespect) on your banner. It takes away the momentum and space. You could add details about your server in that corner Posted Image

Now coming to your post, everything seems legit. Provides excellent information about the server and a big greeting.

Thanks for the quick feedback. My thread is just not doing as well as i thought of. It's not active if you know what I mean. How to make my thread more active? I have tried to ask my players to leave a feedback, but they didnt Posted Image

=======
edit... redesigned banner. removed 'owner'. Looks more simple :D
Receive 10%off for your Minecraft Servers from us using this coupon code @ checkout: NICKPH
Posted Image