The Arcadia Show's Sky Den Teaser
Somewhere in the vastness of another universe, there is a realm of endless sky. And every so often, by powers not fully understood, individuals are torn from their world and thrown here, into the infinite sky.
You have just found yourself transported to the sky realm. Abandon hope of getting home, for if you want to survive, you will have to make your home here. Farm resources, avoid lethal drops, expand your world by hand, try to make your way in this strange place, and most importantly, find the other stranded souls who call the mysterious Sky Den their home. If you want to thrive in this hostile world, you will certainly need their help!
CaptainSparklez recently began LPing this map. Welcome to all who've been brought by his videos!
OverviewSky Den is a new beast of Sky Survival maps. It features NPCs, quests, and plenty of challenges to help bolster the traditional Sky Survival experience. It's a low-pressure but high-risk map that encourages free building, and has been carefully balanced to provide an expansive and emergent experience to any player. Unlike many Sky Survival maps, Sky Den has been designed to allow every material and item in the game to be renewable. You can build an infinite world and craft whatever you like, without having to worry about running out of diamonds, or not having enough iron.
The map features a progression of resources that is structured using NPCs, Quests, and Challenges. Utilize the tools at your disposal and work with the world's strange and colorful inhabitants until at last the secrets of the Sky Den are at your complete control!
Sky Den is a mod-assisted map! It comes packed with the necessary mods to allow you to progress. It cannot be played vanilla!
All mod authors have their mods linked and credited in the topic, pack, and tags. This is not a mod pack - it is a specific map reliant on specific mods and not intended to be used for other purposes.
Sky Den LP by CaptainSparklez
Blake the Hyena's COMPLETE Sky Den LP
- A traditional Sky Survival experience: Start from humble beginnings on a tiny island in the sky, and from there build up and out, until an entire world completely of your own design has grown and flourished around you. No caves, no tunnels and mines, just open sky and your own creativity in a fight for survival and success.
- A cast of interactive characters: Over half a dozen NPCs have made their home in this realm. Find their home, the Sky Den, and find them! They'll offer challenges, trades, and items to help you progress. Each character is custom-designed with their own skin, dialog trees, inventories, and more.
- A Quest system that encourages and deepens the Sky Survival experience, rather than distracting from it. Challenges are built in to the map, rather than just being a list in this topic. Instructions are included with books and quests, in-game, and a carefully-structured system of rewards will help you progress through tiers.
- Balanced and renewable resources are available. Unlike many Sky Survival maps, Sky Den has been designed to ensure that every single block in the game can be farmed. There's nothing you'll be without, or face the risk of running out forever (barring just tossing all your stuff off the edge, of course).
- A precisely-constructed sky realm: Several islands are scattered near the start. Make your way to them and discover what they have to offer, and find the eponymous Sky Den itself!
Getting Started and Map RulesRules are rules! Cheating and breaking the map is possible, but you're only runining it for yourself. Here are the basic guidelines:
- Version 1.1 for Minecraft 1.4.6 and 1.4.7 - Includes Cosmic Patch
- Cosmic Patch 1.1 for players using Sky Den 1.01.
The Cosmic Patch is recommended, but not necessary, for people on Sky Den 1.01. It will fix a bug with one of the NPCs (Hennepin) and will rebalance trades to make certain resources easier or quicker to get.
You can install the Cosmic Patch even if you've already started playing this map. However, part of this patch will reset anything you have built in a certain area right around the Sky Den. The part of the patch that does this is optional. It affects a very small area (the Sky Den itself, and an area between the Sky Den and the "halfway" stone block that leads to the starter island).
Your quest progress will not be reset.
- Version 1.01 for Minecraft 1.4.6 and 1.4.7
Known Bugs and Fixes
Want to support Sky Den? Put this in your signature!