• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7,1.6] Taler's Transparent Texture Pack (Over 100 Bajillion Downloads!)

transparent seethrough hack xray ore mining helper 1.5 snapshot 1.7

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

_Taler_
    _Taler_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

Mikko_blu Didn't like this post the first time I posted it and he deleted it. Here is a modified version of what I replied earlier that should not offend him.

May aswell dig this back up.
For echonite:

Opening, selecting an area, and pressing delete. Yes, takes so much effort.
Times that by however many blocks you want to make transparent, Opening and closing things and doing it all over again is simple, yes, but becomes boring after some time. So once again, I can see people appreciating that its been done already.

1.5 has the unstitching program integrated in it, so it can automatically convert any existing x-ray packs.
I can't find it at a quick glance but if it does exist then I am glad mojang integrated a lovely simple tool like that into minecraft. It is not included in minecraft.

And here you have just shown how much of a child you are by pointing out typos as a point of argument.
I don't think someone who made the insult that I was "De-evolving humanity" should be throwing around sentences like that. Personally it sounded childish (and mispelt) to me.

I am actually dyslexic, so a few typos is actually an accomplishment.
Oh you'll love this website then <Link removed due to mod>
Refresh the page a few times for more.

So again, my statement stands. You have poorly reinvented the wheel, and contributed nothing to the community at large.
When people click the Adfly link it makes me feel good

The other one:

The word "comply" doesn't mean whatever you think it does, kid.
The use of that word in that sentence may be a little awkward, but it does actually make sense.

And yes, it IS other people's problem as well - if even the admin uses X-ray for his own personal gain, the  it would serve as a horrible example for the server's players.
Haha, come on look at what your going on about -.- its completely legitimate to use on your own servers, whether your playing by yourself or with others, in adventure or creative mode. In fact its even more helpful in creative. Would you like to see the /give command removed to? That seems to be along the lines of what you were saying.

TMI is TooManyItems, a mod that lets you spawn items as much as you want.
Seeing as you didn't disagree with what I said, I'll assume we agree on that point. Spawning items into your game is totally different to using a TS pack to find geographical features.

If then, delete all the centers of blocks you want, but keep it to yourself instead of posting it on the internet, creating an adfly link for it, then being so stupidly self-important and obnoxious for no reason.
Why, are you trying to sensor me? Who says you should decide what goes on the internet? I don't think you can get any more "stupidly self-important". I'd also like you to explain how I am either "obnoxious", "self-important" or "stupid". I did not start being offensive to you, so I'd appreciate if you did me the same favor.

Ad X-Rayers like you are still a major problem in practically all servers.
Ok.

Ah, good for you! Props for being a stalker.
I'm unsure of how clicking on your minecraft forum profile is classified as "stalking".

And double thanks for plugging my channel as well - I needed some subscribers.
That's ok, this isn't really about gain for me as I see it is for you, I was just making sure the complaints go to someone who gives a damn. I am not motivated by how many "subscribers" I have, as it seems you are, all I care about is proving to people like you that its nor your job or concern to interfere with how others play the game.

Also, you might be interested to know that X-Ray machines are used widely, even by popular YouTubers such as Docm77 and Ethoslab.
Great, TS texture packs are widely used too, highfive!

They're used for locating unlit caves
Hey cool that sounds like what a TS pack does.

not to walk over, dig straight down, and mine all the gold and diamonds you want without encountering lava or monsters.
We didn't take it down to specifics, there are many different uses for a TS texture pack. If someone wants to do that though its definitely not your business.

Why, thank you so much for posting all those channels!
I'm sure they could use more subscribers, and you've done the work for them. How nice!
Also, isn't it bannable to post private information of other people without their consent?
Once again I am not motivated by profit/number of subscribers nor am I trying to compete with anyone.
If the definition is "private" then yes probably. Seeing as I only posted information I was able to find openly online I don't think I'm going to see a ban anytime soon. (Edit from after the original post was removed: Except for "flaming", I may get the kick for that)
And to evercharmer, the only one that seems to have a brain here, I agree with everything you said. If this dies and someone types into google "1.5 transparent pack" it'll be there for them to quickly use and never look at again. If you don't like this just move on. Plenty of other threads around here to read.

View Postabbuw, on 29 January 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

This has been overdone, alot.

--Later Edit 18/03/13--
Mikko get yo' ass out my topic and quit modifying my posts Posted Image

Edited by _Taler_, 17 March 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Register or log in to remove.

_Taler_
    _Taler_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Small update:
- No fire on player's HUD when in lava
- Still lava and water now transparent
- Removed Vignette
- Compass Sun
- No rain or snow
- Removed tall grass and vines

AlbaNader1976

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Pretty helpful, a lot nicer now that the lava is removed, Thanks!

_R2D2_
    _R2D2_

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • Minecraft: R2PlaysDE

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I hate these Xray packs and mods. Don't know why they are allowed on the forums since they count as hacks.

_Taler_
    _Taler_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

View Post_R2D2_, on 16 March 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I hate these Xray packs and mods. Don't know why they are allowed on the forums since they count as hacks.
Thanks for your input.

They are allowed because they are useful, and there are many other programs that allow you to find ore in a minecraft world that are not classified as hacks.

_R2D2_
    _R2D2_

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • Minecraft: R2PlaysDE

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Post_Taler_, on 17 March 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Thanks for your input.

They are allowed because they are useful, and there are many other programs that allow you to find ore in a minecraft world that are not classified as hacks.
They ruin the gameplay experience and make the lifes of admins harder.

_Taler_
    _Taler_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

View Post_R2D2_, on 17 March 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

They ruin the gameplay experience and make the lifes of admins harder.
As my previous response was not deemed appropriate..

I'm sure it can be a slight inconvenience on the odd occasion. But, like I said, its very useful when I lose stuff and its a nice thing to have for spying out terrain features for map building etc etc. :)

BattleStar00Prime

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

%99.9 of the players use these stuff to ruin your day, not for checking problems inside your redstone machine. And right now, you are supporting those people. Your "Helpful for people!" sentence is invalid.

Oh, but don't tell me: " USE THIS IN SSP YOU IDIOT!!", because if I ever wanted to, I would just get TooManyItems. But that will not stop people from using it on servers. Also don't tell me: "BUT YOU CAN USE IT TO FIND STRUCTURES!!!!". Why do I even search for those structures? Loot of course! Why would I not just use TMI for that? Also, "USE IT TO FIND YOUR HOME THEN!!!!!!!!" is also invalid, I could just get a waypoint mod.

No effort, no purpose, no originality, nothing. If there was a way to rate these things, then my rating is a 1/10, because I can't rate it worse.
Explosions

pokemonface12
  • Minecraft: pokemonface12

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wow. 398576th X-ray texturepack already. Time flies.

EDIT:I rate it worse! -693432/2
Posted Image sunflower!
Hatch your own dragon!new breeds added.I ADVERTISE TOO MUCH I KNOW I KNOW!!

BattleStar00Prime

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Postpokemonface12, on 21 March 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

EDIT:I rate it worse! -693432/2

You imbecile, you just broke the space rating continuum.
Explosions

_Taler_
    _Taler_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

ptthhhh  here we go again:

%99.9 of the players use these stuff to ruin your day, not for checking problems inside your redstone machine. And right now, you are supporting those people. Your "Helpful for people!" sentence is invalid.

Your logic is flawed. No matter what the percentage of people use this for good or bad, I've still helped them. Therefore, if I ever said it was "Helpful for people!" I would be correct.

Going by your (what I'm sure is) well sourced statistic,  99% of people used this with bad intentions, so according to some simple mathematics and my download tracker, I have so far helped 10 people that are using it for good. That's assuming your correct. Good enough for me.

Oh, but don't tell me: " USE THIS IN SSP YOU IDIOT!!",(*snip*)blahblahblahblah(*snip*) use TMI for that? Also, "USE IT TO FIND YOUR HOME THEN!!!!!!!!" is also invalid, I could just get a waypoint mod.
Sure, you could get a waypoint mod. Sure, you could get TMI. Sure, you could get a transparent pack.

Point is, you can do whatever you like. Let me give you another comparison... There's a minecraft server, right? You go to the Minecraft site, download, and run it. Boom, done. But still we find ourselves with many alternatives, C-language re-writes, skinned down versions, Bukkit, Java re-writes, and I'm sure there is others. Why do they exist? How people choose to play the game is up to them... If you don't like this way of playing it? Be on your merry way and TMI in as many items as you want. But for those who want it, this is here. Why are alternatives bad?

No effort, no purpose, no originality, nothing. If there was a way to rate these things, then my rating is a 1/10, because I can't rate it worse.
Here is a coal for your contribution, feel free to use it for whatever purpose you like:
Posted Image

Cool I bet they were 1.5 compatible too.

BattleStar00Prime

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Post_Taler_, on 22 March 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Here is a coal for your contribution, feel free to use it for whatever purpose you like:
Posted Image

*pokemonface speaks the truth and breaks the continuum.*

Cool I bet they were 1.5 compatible too.

Thanks, I was running out of torches.

Fun Fact: Every X-Ray or TS texture pack is GODDAMN compitable with all versions (In fact, every texture pack is. Blocks are only going to appear weird if the texture pack does not include a texture for them.). I have a X-Ray pack for 1.2.5 but it works on 1.5. Because stone, grass and dirt are the only things you want to see through in these packs. They are STILL invisible with outdated X-Ray packs anyway.

Your logic was invalid. Now it is %9001 percent more invalid. It is over 9000.

And by the time, I have seen more than 50 X-Ray mods for 1.5. %1337 percent more invalid then.
Explosions

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

As far as I can tell. This pack is allowed on the forums, and it IS a beneficial tool. To SOME people. Just because there's a texture pack on the forums where you have 2k posts, doesn't mean you can start a flamewar over its practicality. I think its one of the best x-ray packs I've seen on the forums.

Posted Image

Hardmuscle
  • Minecraft: Hardmuscle

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Good God people!!

This is not a "Mod" (Traditional Mod) or an XRAY Tool, this is nothing more than replacing the original 16x16 pixel images in the 'textures\blocks' folder with transparent 16x16 images using the same names.

This is how ALL TEXTURE PACKS ARE MADE!!

Except they don't usually use Transparent images....

(Prior versions of Minecraft used only 1 image that contained all of the blocks, as of 1.5 the images are separated into individual files, thus making the creation of texture packs a bit easier.)

I made a similar texture pack myself, though I use 'animation' for the oreBlocks to give them that flashy effect (frames) and I probably won't be releasing it to the public simply because my grandmother could make this texture pack and she doesn't even know what the internet is, that's how easy this is. Though for some folks, turning their computer on and off takes a degree in college apparently.

This pack was "made" and is "used" in the same fashion, as every other texture pack for this game.

Get over it... Posted Image
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

CopperCookie
  • Location: 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
  • Minecraft: CopperCookie

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

OMFG, people!!! What the frickballs? Just get over it! Ok, it's nothing original and poeple could use it as hax, but SO WHAT? Do you guys realize that you just keep this topic going by sending "It's unoriginal" and "I hate this" and "It's hacking" over and over again? Geez, STAHP!
This is how to make a cookie, add some wheat for dough. Take some chocolate, and some copper that is tough.
Then add some sugar, and you are almost done! But make sure to hide it from kids, or it will all be gone.
Now put it in the oven, make sure that it is warm. The cookie comes alive, but it doesn't mean no harm.
The dough becomes a figure, that is good and pure. But the only thing he wants to do, is simply to texture.

BattleStar00Prime

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

View Post_Taler_, on 23 March 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Before we continue with this, how likely am I to be right if I said you're probably 12 years old?

%0.

I am %100 sure I am 20.

I love math. And I think there is a %90 chance that you have nothing sensical to say anymore as it turns out it is turning into a "Who is younger?" fight.

Well, have fun griefing servers than. Later buddy.
Explosions

_Taler_
    _Taler_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hardmuscle thank you very much, a logical explanation of why these silly people should not get upset was probably in order there.. I agree with you fully. And CopperCookie. Atleast some people understand, sah much hate!

jpmrocks thankyou for the compliments. Pretty rare to come across here Posted Image

Kodehawa
    Kodehawa

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2018 posts
  • Minecraft: kodehawa

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

You use too many times the sarcasm? no?.

I'm viewing the post and you are very sensitive and pretty sarcastic in your replies. And If you can't understand that this pack are overmade and useless, and you can use any X-RAY or TMI for this things, you are a dumb. Sorry, but I say the true.
Playing osu right now~, Check new CE updated by Godshawk

Posted Image

BattleStar00Prime

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

My last post on this thread is: Enough. There were many X-Ray mods out here before "I would call it natively compatible with 1.5, and was the only one of its kind at the time I uploaded."

Which is, btw, is this texture pack.
Explosions

raskull
    raskull

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

As an active and fair server admin I consider this a useful tool in my belt for finding cheaters. I can find hidden rooms where people hide their xrayed items, odd looking mines with no torches that show people have xrayed etc.

This paired with a good rollback/block logging plugin has kept my server cheat free quite nicely, thanks.

[vanilla.raskulous.com : Survival Vanilla : Adults Only]  [mc.raskulous.com : Creative, Survival Economy : All Ages]
Posted Image