• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Multiplayer on same console?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PoohBearr

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I've been playing Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition for about a week or two, and my friend and I want to play but we're not sure how to do it on the same console. I've looked on some sites and they say you need an HDTV, which I do, and they say to connect the other controller and hit start, which I don't know where to click start and nothing happens in-game or on the start menu. Can someone explain thoroughly how to play Multiplayer on the same console? A.K.A. Split-screen?

Register or log in to remove.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well, you need an HDTV, and your Xbox 360 must be connected to that HDTV with either an HDMI Cable or a Component Cable (Red, Green, Blue, White, Red). Also, make sure to check your Xbox 360's display settings to make sure it's outputting in 720p or higher. Just because it's plugged into an HDTV doesn't mean it's displaying in HD. Sometimes, it won't switch over automatically.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

PoohBearr

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

It's all hooked up and it's on 720p. What do I have to do to set up the split screen though?

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

You should just be able to start a world, plug in the second controller, and hit start. Then the second player should be able to sign in and go.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."