Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Placing items?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1

Evilwillhunting

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Does anyone know if we'll be able to place items on surfaces, like cakes?

For instance, placing a sword or ingot on a table?

On one hand I realize this is counter to the Minecraft reality (items are not blocks, and blocks are usually not items), but on the other hand, it sure would make for some nifty decorations.

It would be nice to have suits of armor and weaponry on display in my armory, instead of it being just another room with chests.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

iCountBlocks

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostEvilwillhunting, on 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

It would be nice to have suits of armor and weaponry on display in my armory, instead of it being just another room with chests.
One of my favorite PC mods was Armor Stand :P. It gave an armor stand that could use Steve, a Zombie, or nothing, to hold up a suit of armor. That's it! Lol, such a good simple mod.

We can place Cakes on PC, then again they're large enough like a block. I'd like to see this implemented though.
Also, the Shelf mod was awesome. Same thing as Armor Stand, just gave a shelf to display items.

#3

LostDose
    LostDose

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 917 posts
  • Location: Cheltenham - U.K.
  • Minecraft: LostDose
  • Xbox:English Ender

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I hope they bring that in, it did come into the later version on P.C. Minecraft than 4J have said they will update too and there were some nice mod examples. So really it will be down to whether 4J decide they want to add that in. On the upside they seem great at listening to the community, so drum up some support and tweet them is probably your best bet Posted Image

If you would like a video recorded I might be able to help out feel free to message me on xbox :)

#4

roy_g
    roy_g

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yeah i think thats a cool idea. Flashing off armor would be awesome =]
Posted Image

#5

big_deano

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

The anvil update gave PC a "picture frame" that allowed things to be shown inside it I think, so hopefully we will get that.

#6

Neckernack
  • Location: Eating fish on my boat

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostiCountBlocks, on 18 January 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

One of my favorite PC mods was Armor Stand Posted Image. It gave an armor stand that could use Steve, a Zombie, or nothing, to hold up a suit of armor. That's it! Lol, such a good simple mod.

We can place Cakes on PC, then again they're large enough like a block. I'd like to see this implemented though.
Also, the Shelf mod was awesome. Same thing as Armor Stand, just gave a shelf to display items.
Haven't we been able to place cakes all along on XBOX?  I swear I decorated one of my kitchens in cakes back on one of my first worlds.

#7

UpUp_Away95
  • Location: Somewhere in my mine (or mind)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostNeckernack, on 18 January 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Haven't we been able to place cakes all along on XBOX?  I swear I decorated one of my kitchens in cakes back on one of my first worlds.
Yes, we can place cakes.  There was even one placed in 4J's custom village in the 1.8.2 tutorial.  It was near the well as I recall.  If you have hunger, you can also eat off a placed cake (up to 6 times).  As you take each slice a bit of the cake disappears.  It's actually pretty cool.

#8

Neckernack
  • Location: Eating fish on my boat

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostUpUp_Away95, on 18 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yes, we can place cakes.  There was even one placed in 4J's custom village in the 1.8.2 tutorial.  It was near the well as I recall.  If you have hunger, you can also eat off a placed cake (up to 6 times).  As you take each slice a bit of the cake disappears.  It's actually pretty cool.
Thanks,  after reading icountclocks post saying he wishes placing cakes was inplemented I started to think I was losing my mind.  I could have sworn I placed them before.  You are right too,  it was fun taking a slice and watching the cake start disappearing.  I am going to have to start doing that again.  :)

#9

LostDose
    LostDose

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 917 posts
  • Location: Cheltenham - U.K.
  • Minecraft: LostDose
  • Xbox:English Ender

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

He is saying whether you could place items on-top of other blocks in a similar fashion to how you place cakes currently.

If you would like a video recorded I might be able to help out feel free to message me on xbox :)

#10

Urban_Blackbear

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

I live for the day I can actually place a clock on the wall.

#11

iCountBlocks

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostNeckernack, on 18 January 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Thanks,  after reading icountclocks post saying he wishes placing cakes was inplemented
Misunderstanding, good sir.
I wished what the OP was talking about would be implemented, using the word "this" as directed to the thread. I don't make cakes, so I wouldn't know if you can or not on Xbox. Too much resources, especially the bucket it takes...

#12

LostDose
    LostDose

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 917 posts
  • Location: Cheltenham - U.K.
  • Minecraft: LostDose
  • Xbox:English Ender

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostiCountBlocks, on 18 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Misunderstanding, good sir.
I wished what the OP was talking about would be implemented, using the word "this" as directed to the thread. I don't make cakes, so I wouldn't know if you can or not on Xbox. Too much resources, especially the bucket it takes...

You get to keep the buckets now :)

If you would like a video recorded I might be able to help out feel free to message me on xbox :)

#13

iCountBlocks

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostLostDose, on 18 January 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

You get to keep the buckets now Posted Image
:o NO WAY. Cakes may have purpose for me in survival now! Thank you :)

#14

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostUrban_Blackbear, on 18 January 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

I live for the day I can actually place a clock on the wall.

Here's hoping we get item frames, aye? Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#15

LostDose
    LostDose

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 917 posts
  • Location: Cheltenham - U.K.
  • Minecraft: LostDose
  • Xbox:English Ender

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostiCountBlocks, on 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Posted Image NO WAY. Cakes may have purpose for me in survival now! Thank you Posted Image

No worries, everybody needs more cake :)

If you would like a video recorded I might be able to help out feel free to message me on xbox :)