Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Super flat end?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1

Mega_Munchy_145
  • Location: In Eq, or in The End forever >:D
  • Minecraft: Mega Munchy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Since the nether has a exclusive super flat feature then in TU8 or 9 will the end come with a exclusive super flat feature too? Because the end hasn't been added to 1.0.1 then make the end come with it as well. Anyone what that to happen?
Posted Image
Want it,Need it (Hold me) The tripiest Mlp:Fim PMV ever known in History.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Anbu
    Anbu

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2739 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Want* But I wouldn't mind a super flat end. Would make it easier to defeat the dragon.

#3

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

    Ghast Hunter

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

That would kinda defeat the purpose. You can't build in the end, well, you can, but the endermen/dragon will take it away almost instantly.
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

#4

Mega_Munchy_145
  • Location: In Eq, or in The End forever >:D
  • Minecraft: Mega Munchy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 18 January 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

That would kinda defeat the purpose. You can't build in the end, well, you can, but the endermen/dragon will take it away almost instantly.
So your fine with it or not? The end will have those pillars if someone tweets 4j about this (including the super flat end idea)
Posted Image
Want it,Need it (Hold me) The tripiest Mlp:Fim PMV ever known in History.

#5

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

How do you get in the end when Strongholds don't generate in Superflats?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#6

zachzard
  • Location: In your closet
  • Minecraft: getZublade
  • Xbox:Zangetsu125

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostBloodyPhoenix, on 18 January 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

How do you get in the end when Strongholds don't generate in Superflats?

How do you get in the nether if obsidian doesn't generate in superflats? You can simply use creative. Besides, survival in superflat worlds is pretty hard because there are no resources. Most people use creative in superflat worlds anyway.

nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh


#7

iCountBlocks

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

View Postzachzard, on 18 January 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

survival in superflat worlds is pretty hard because there are no resources. Most people use creative in superflat worlds anyway.
Yeah, the only resources are dirt, and resources from villages. I'd love to see someone actually play 100% survival in a superflat, lol!

Isn't the end already somewhat flat? Just not superflat?

#8

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

View Postzachzard, on 18 January 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

How do you get in the nether if obsidian doesn't generate in superflats? You can simply use creative.

Since when did user-created End Portals work? Posted Image


View PostiCountBlocks, on 18 January 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

I'd love to see someone actually play 100% survival in a superflat.

I've tried it before.
It's ridiculously boring....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#9

Biscuit0912
  • Location: Seventeen Hundred and One, Anno Domini
  • Minecraft: biscuit0912

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

they have worked since you use TMI or NEI!

Posted Image

Want my attention? QUOTE ME


#10

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

    Ghast Hunter

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostBloodyPhoenix, on 18 January 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Since when did user-created End Portals work? Posted Image




I've tried it before.
It's ridiculously boring....
Always, but it has to be 4x4. The portal itself has to be 3x3, but the frames need to be 4x4.
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

#11

crushdrinker
  • Location: Everywhere yet Nowhere

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I personally do not care whether we get the superflat in the end or not. I probably wouldn't use it but somepeople might

#12

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 18 January 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Always, but it has to be 4x4. The portal itself has to be 3x3, but the frames need to be 4x4.

I tried the 5x5 with thee corners missing, and it worked, which is odd, because it didn't before.
The problem is that the portal stayed after the frame was destroyed. Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#13

Tamorr
    Tamorr

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

superflat end?!?!? O_o

I would dread the though of walking in and falling to my death, even if the platform was created. There is no bottom in the end, so I don't even know how that would work. That would make it more challenging that it is worth, since all that would be left standing is the pillers and the platform...O_o

How would you even go about defeating the dragon that destroys your progress every time? The end is pretty much a sky block, nothing like the nether or the overworld where there is a floor that things generate on. Everything would be in the air at varying heights, pillars mainly. One thing is for sure, you would have less enderman to worry about, since less ground to cover per say.

The only way I could see this even possible would be if the dragon can not destroy the endstone that resides there. Otherwise you would have to mine a lot of obsidian to even build towards those towers. That would take about as long as it take to dig the entire superflat overworld to bedrock + mining time of obsidian. However since there is no renewable source of lava on a superflat far as I know, that would make it almost impossible to use obsidian, possibly a cobblestone generater, but the dragon destroys those blocks without blinking...O_o

It would be very amusing to see someone try though...lol

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--


#14

Mega_Munchy_145
  • Location: In Eq, or in The End forever >:D
  • Minecraft: Mega Munchy

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostTamorr, on 18 January 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

superflat end?!?!? O_o

I would dread the though of walking in and falling to my death, even if the platform was created. There is no bottom in the end, so I don't even know how that would work. That would make it more challenging that it is worth, since all that would be left standing is the pillers and the platform...O_o

How would you even go about defeating the dragon that destroys your progress every time? The end is pretty much a sky block, nothing like the nether or the overworld where there is a floor that things generate on. Everything would be in the air at varying heights, pillars mainly. One thing is for sure, you would have less enderman to worry about, since less ground to cover per say.

The only way I could see this even possible would be if the dragon can not destroy the endstone that resides there. Otherwise you would have to mine a lot of obsidian to even build towards those towers. That would take about as long as it take to dig the entire superflat overworld to bedrock + mining time of obsidian. However since there is no renewable source of lava on a superflat far as I know, that would make it almost impossible to use obsidian, possibly a cobblestone generater, but the dragon destroys those blocks without blinking...O_o

It would be very amusing to see someone try though...lol
The reason why we need a superflat end is because, 1: it won't be fair for the end to not have a exclusive superflat feature, 2: if you go through a end portal and the end is in mid-air then you'll be stranded in the void, 3: even though the ender dragon can eliminate any non-ender block u can just bring a supply and stay at a very far distance from it or let the beast glitch and not move. The end is unlimited like the over world and the nether on the xbox and best chance to survive all three worlds in superflat mode is 10/100 .
Posted Image
Want it,Need it (Hold me) The tripiest Mlp:Fim PMV ever known in History.

#15

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostTamorr, on 18 January 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I would dread the though of walking in and falling to my death, even if the platform was created. There is no bottom in the end, so I don't even know how that would work.

It would be very amusing to see someone try though...lol

I have the void in one of my TU1 worlds.
From what I see, you'd just stand on the Void, being very sad and confused.
They changed that later in an update so you wouldn't fall due to it crashing the host's Xbox.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#16

Tamorr
    Tamorr

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostMega_Munchy_145, on 19 January 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

The reason why we need a superflat end is because, 1: it won't be fair for the end to not have a exclusive superflat feature, 2: if you go through a end portal and the end is in mid-air then you'll be stranded in the void, 3: even though the ender dragon can eliminate any non-ender block u can just bring a supply and stay at a very far distance from it or let the beast glitch and not move. The end is unlimited like the over world and the nether on the xbox and best chance to survive all three worlds in superflat mode is 10/100 .

2. not necessarily, especially if the programmers account for the other two being such. However I don't think you would be stranded in the void so easily. since some of the terrain goes pretty far down on a regular basis. I don't see how the terrain in the overworld and nether are unlimited. More like less so in superflat. They may do something with it special, but who knows. Actually I think they can eliminate any block that is not obsidian...O_o At least that is what I thought, and how I thought is was on the pc edition when they put it in. Also whom is to say what will be of the end until they release it.

View PostBloodyPhoenix, on 19 January 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

I have the void in one of my TU1 worlds.
From what I see, you'd just stand on the Void, being very sad and confused.
They changed that later in an update so you wouldn't fall due to it crashing the host's Xbox.

Like I said above, who is to say that will be the case with the end. It may change only for the end, like it will still be a floor that you can stand on, but maybe only so long before you die on it. Kinda like being poisoned by a cave spider... There are a lot of possibilities with what they may or may not do with the end. If you don't die by falling down there then that would make the dragon easier than expected, as if it was not easy enough...>< Also who know what they are going to do with the dragon as well. Could have the same as the pc, might be tweaked a little to be different on the xbox. Either way we will just have to wait and see...:D

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--


#17

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostTamorr, on 19 January 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

Either way we will just have to wait and see...Posted Image

And while we're waiting, we can stare at all of the posts asking about it, which will slowly diminish the excitement of finally being able to fight a boss! Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#18

Mega_Munchy_145
  • Location: In Eq, or in The End forever >:D
  • Minecraft: Mega Munchy

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostBloodyPhoenix, on 19 January 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:



And while we're waiting, we can stare at all of the posts asking about it, which will slowly diminish the excitement of finally being able to fight a boss! Posted Image
Wait a minute,what are we waiting for?
Posted Image
Want it,Need it (Hold me) The tripiest Mlp:Fim PMV ever known in History.

#19

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostMega_Munchy_145, on 20 January 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Wait a minute,what are we waiting for?

TU9....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

#20

coolminecrafter1234

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

it should be superflat because it defeats the purpose of superflat. if the end isn't super flat then why would itbe called superflat