Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * - 13 votes

13w03a Ready for Testing

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Sacheverell

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

It's time for this week's Snapshot, and we are edging ever closer to the highly anticipated Redstone Update! So, what lies in store for this week's test client?

Changelog
  • Made Zombies & Skeletons stronger, scaled to difficulty
  • Added a new Dropper block
  • Added a Minecart with Hopper item
  • Added some new chat options (In multiplayer menu)
  • At least 19 bugs squished

Snapshot Client: Download
Snapshot Server: Download

Don't forget, if you come across any bugs, be sure to report them at the official Minecraft bug tracker, so they can be ironed out before release! Also, if you are a texture pack artist, don't forget that blocks and items will no longer load their artwork from one big sheet of sprites. Instead, they’ll have individual files for each image they’re using. The benefit from this is that it will be easier for Mojang to support custom blocks and items in the future. It will also allow Mojang to mix and match block artwork resolutions, and make sure that you get graphics for blocks that your current texture pack isn't updated for.

Register or log in to remove.

psionic_bgd

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Link is broken :(

Sambaru
    Sambaru

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

This looks awesome, updating now!
The dropper looks so happy!
Posted Image

camo221
    camo221

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: camo221

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Nice! cant wait to try it out! :)

x_clucky
    x_clucky

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 200 posts
  • Minecraft: x_clucky

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yay! More blocks and bug fixes!
Enjoy raiding and pvp in highly customizable and well organized groups, but hate the setup of Factions? Then check out my upcoming server containing multiple custom plugins: http://www.RisingColonies.com/

PonyDude186
  • Minecraft: PonyDude186

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Zombies and skeletons stronger? Yes, I like when they make minecraft more challenging!

The smoothest texture pack there is.       Posted Image

Biiim
    Biiim

404: Member Not Found

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Only here, or the Dropper acts like a dispenser but throws infinite items ? (I put a diamond, activate him with redstone, the diamond drop and the original still in the Dropper)
"Love as a principle and order as the basis; progress as the goal"

MinecraftShamrock
  • Minecraft: MCShamrock

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Wow!
I really love watching what becomes to minecraft!
The map making options will be so awesome!!!

"Everyone, who never made a mistake has never tried something new."

Quote, Albert Einstein

Sambaru
    Sambaru

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostBiiim, on 17 January 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Only here, or the Dropper acts like a dispenser but throws infinite items ? (I put a diamond, activate him with redstone, the diamond drop and the original still in the Dropper)
Redownload, that's a bug that was ninja-fixed.
Posted Image

MinecraftShamrock
  • Minecraft: MCShamrock

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

You have to update the file!
Dinnerbone has updated it!

"Everyone, who never made a mistake has never tried something new."

Quote, Albert Einstein

insomniac_lemon
  • Minecraft: insomniac_lemon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

So, seeing as at the time I'm writing this, the wiki has not been updated (surprising as they usually are by now), is the dropper pretty much the same thing as a dispenser that doesn't shoot projectiles?

If there are no other differences, that seems kind of useless IMO, and the name is misleading. When I first read "dropper" I imagined a block just like the hopper, only it dropped items below it instead of holding them and waiting for an inventory. Seems like that would be more useful.

Then, they could've added the same functionality (once again, assuming that is the only difference) to the dropper, by making it so a very weak signal (like 1-3) will not shoot projectiles (arrows, potions, ect.) or similar things, but instead just shoot out the item. That also would add more incentive to analog signals. Add a repeater that when powered puts out a specific signal instead of a full signal, and the system is that much more useful.

Posted Image

djharry
    djharry

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Minecraft: djharry

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Looks epic

PterodactylNoises
  • Minecraft: PterodactylNoise

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

The skelly difficulty was actually suggested by Vechs, you we have to thank him for that.
Follow my Youtube-Channel at http://www.youtube.c...erodactylNoises

alexcarlson
  • Minecraft: alexcarlson

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

What's with the happy dispenser?

The_Fool76
    The_Fool76

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3040 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postinsomniac_lemon, on 17 January 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

So, seeing as at the time I'm writing this, the wiki has not been updated (surprising as they usually are by now), is the dropper pretty much the same thing as a dispenser that doesn't shoot projectiles?

If there are no other differences, that seems kind of useless IMO, and the name is misleading. When I first read "dropper" I imagined a block just like the hopper, only it dropped items below it instead of holding them and waiting for an inventory. Seems like that would be more useful.

Then, they could've added the same functionality (once again, assuming that is the only difference) to the dropper, by making it so a very weak signal (like 1-3) will not shoot projectiles (arrows, potions, ect.) or similar things, but instead just shoot out the item. That also would add more incentive to analog signals. Add a repeater that when powered puts out a specific signal instead of a full signal, and the system is that much more useful.
Dinnerbone suggests putting a chest in front of the dropper on twitter. ;)
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.
Posted Image

hero122
    hero122

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Hero122

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I can't wait to check this one out :D Also, someone jump on the wiki page?
Welp.

Random_Guy_32

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

View Postinsomniac_lemon, on 17 January 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

It can put items directly into any containers placed in front of it, so I guess its ability to dispense projectiles without shooting them is just a positive side effect.

nitrocrafter
  • Minecraft: nitrocrafterMF

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Mr. dispencer approves!
Posted Image

Benjamin5349
  • Minecraft: Benjamin5349

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostRandom_Guy_32, on 17 January 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

It can put items directly into any containers placed in front of it, so I guess its ability to dispense projectiles without shooting them is just a positive side effect.
So you're saying a redstone signal will simply deposit a single item, as opposed to hoppers constantly streaming?
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

GrandChaos9000
  • Minecraft: GrandChaos9000

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Really, really, really awesome few items and blocks, but I'm not sure about more features. :D

Posted Image