Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Ores drop Mores 2 v0.11.1 - now features even less ore drops ;-)

1.6.4 forge

  • Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#21

dragomegak
  • Minecraft: dragomegak

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostRinnsal, on 12 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

this would only be possible if the mods would only use Metadata values up to 14 cause i would need to use number 15 to mark it as placed by the player (to prevent multiple drops on these). Also, most of these mods are closed-source, which means i could only "guess" if I do the stuff the way they do (i would have to reimplement all of those Ores the same way the mods do it) Dropping Raw variants of these Ores is highly problematic as there are Lots of Mods that implement these ores also give ways to process them further (i.e. IC2, GregTech, Thermal Expansion, Cogs of the Machines, Universal Electricity) which would not be possible with another dust variant.

Thank you for your effort and time. I forgot those concepts lol ;)

Register or log in to remove.

#22

Grandirus
  • Location: Volta Redonda - RJ (Brazil)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Man, I'm having some troble when trying to play multiplayer (Single with open lan and server lan).
In Single Open Lan, when my char is with a pick in hand, my partner can get ores to drop more. If I change to another thing, it stop drop more.
In Server Multiplayer, it doesn't work, even if forge is instaled on server with ODM2 in the MODS folder.

There are another usefull mod that doesn't work on server. Timber MOD.

Thanks for your atention.
Posted Image

#23

Dreadent_the_Doom
  • Location: Minecraft,on my computer,USA(Obviously)
  • Minecraft: Dreadent
  • Xbox:ChaosRanger

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

You can try adding copper and silver for simple ores, because they only have tool uses. no dusts.

#24

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostDreadent_the_Doom, on 16 February 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

You can try adding copper and silver for simple ores, because they only have tool uses. no dusts.

Ever heard of Gregtech or Thermal Expansion or Industrial Craft? They utilize Copper and Silver dusts...
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/

#25

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostGrandirus, on 16 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Man, I'm having some troble when trying to play multiplayer (Single with open lan and server lan).
In Single Open Lan, when my char is with a pick in hand, my partner can get ores to drop more. If I change to another thing, it stop drop more.
In Server Multiplayer, it doesn't work, even if forge is instaled on server with ODM2 in the MODS folder.

There are another usefull mod that doesn't work on server. Timber MOD.

Thanks for your atention.

Just tried it and it works. Make sure that your partner is not in Creative Mode and you run both the same Mod Versions. Couldn't help you without knowing which mods you use (your friend of course has to have the same ones) or the Forge version.
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/

#26

dragomegak
  • Minecraft: dragomegak

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Is there a way to add to the config rinnsal the percentage for the drop for each ore?

#27

Dreadent_the_Doom
  • Location: Minecraft,on my computer,USA(Obviously)
  • Minecraft: Dreadent
  • Xbox:ChaosRanger

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostRinnsal, on 17 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Ever heard of Gregtech or Thermal Expansion or Industrial Craft? They utilize Copper and Silver dusts...
What I meant was you could add raw ores for the mods that use silver and copper for just tools.

#28

kittycubical
  • Location: out huggin creepers.
  • Minecraft: KittyCubical

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Very well done. I'm glad you stuck with my original textures :) keep up the good work.
Posted Image

#29

Grandirus
  • Location: Volta Redonda - RJ (Brazil)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostRinnsal, on 17 February 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Just tried it and it works. Make sure that your partner is not in Creative Mode and you run both the same Mod Versions. Couldn't help you without knowing which mods you use (your friend of course has to have the same ones) or the Forge version.

Yes, we are running the same version of Minecraft and MODs.
I have installed the server with FML (last version), with all MODs inside MOD's folder, and it doesn't work. Still get only one ore.
We wanna play server lan mode with this mod. \o/
Posted Image

#30

Laukintonmods

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I really like this mod because is realistic but make the mine more easy.. so, you can make a harder version (separate to the normal)

My idea is like terraria does.. instead of getting 3 or 4 raw iron ore.. can you get raw iron nuggets.. so you need 3 cooked iron nuggets to craft a iron bar. The same with coal (drop 3 or 4 raw coal nuggets, needed 3 raw coal nuggets to make a coal), gold (drop 3 or 4 raw gold nuggets, needed 4 cooked nuggets to get a gold bar), diamond (drop 4 or 5 rarely 6, needed 5 to get a diamond) and the emerald too.
not neccesary for redstone or lapizlasuli.
Let me see what you think about this Posted Image

#31

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostLaukintonmods, on 24 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

I really like this mod because is realistic but make the mine more easy.. so, you can make a harder version (separate to the normal)

My idea is like terraria does.. instead of getting 3 or 4 raw iron ore.. can you get raw iron nuggets.. so you need 3 cooked iron nuggets to craft a iron bar. The same with coal (drop 3 or 4 raw coal nuggets, needed 3 raw coal nuggets to make a coal), gold (drop 3 or 4 raw gold nuggets, needed 4 cooked nuggets to get a gold bar), diamond (drop 4 or 5 rarely 6, needed 5 to get a diamond) and the emerald too.
not neccesary for redstone or lapizlasuli.
Let me see what you think about this Posted Image

wouldnt that counteract the whole "you get more drops" stuff back to vanilla? ;)
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/

#32

Laukintonmods

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostRinnsal, on 25 February 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

wouldnt that counteract the whole "you get more drops" stuff back to vanilla? Posted Image

If I want the "ores drop mores", I could enchant a pickaxe with loot ._____.



My point is the ore drop mores.. yeaaa great is very realistic.. but if you find 6 or 7 cubes of coal, with these you now get 64 of coal.. so you don't needed explore.. only find a little bit and you never need to get back to the mine..

A hard version would counteract the easy thing of "ores drop mores" " ;) "

#33

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Yes, but if you don't want more ores to drop just dont use the mod :-). Also, you could set the Droprates back to Vanilla Settings too.
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/

#34

acgriggs
    acgriggs

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Location: In my minecraft world.
  • Minecraft: AdamGriggs

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Is this mod supposed to stack with the fortune enchantment? I seem to be getting more raw ore with an unenchanted pick than with my Fortune III pick

If not, I feel like it should.
Posted Image

#35

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postacgriggs, on 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Is this mod supposed to stack with the fortune enchantment? I seem to be getting more raw ore with an unenchanted pick than with my Fortune III pick

If not, I feel like it should.

Its using the default Bonus drops which are around 1-3 additional drops. this could look like its dropping less sometimes if you were unlucky before (only 1 item to drop) and get only 1 bonus drop from fortune for example.
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/

#36

itsyourboyejp

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

is it possible for you to add in copper/tin/etc. into this, too?
like, the redpower2/industrialcraft2/buildcraft3 minerals?

#37

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

View Postitsyourboyejp, on 28 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

is it possible for you to add in copper/tin/etc. into this, too?
like, the redpower2/industrialcraft2/buildcraft3 minerals?

this would be possible but also counteract every single ore implementation thats not using the standard ore implementation (i.e. XP Drops, additional "other" materials, custom Drop Implementations, Gathering restrictments etc.)
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/

#38

itsyourboyejp

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostRinnsal, on 01 March 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

this would be possible but also counteract every single ore implementation thats not using the standard ore implementation (i.e. XP Drops, additional "other" materials, custom Drop Implementations, Gathering restrictments etc.)

How about having the option added into the config? Default would be disabled, and you can enable certain types of ores/mod ores in the config file.

#39

Laukintonmods

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostLaukintonmods, on 25 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

If I want the "ores drop mores", I could enchant a pickaxe with loot ._____.



My point is the ore drop mores.. yeaaa great is very realistic.. but if you find 6 or 7 cubes of coal, with these you now get 64 of coal.. so you don't needed explore.. only find a little bit and you never need to get back to the mine..

A hard version would counteract the easy thing of "ores drop mores" " Posted Image "

I don't saying that, I said its more better if you make a "hard versions" wich is the same without use this mod but add more realism..
thats only I want..

#40

Rinnsal
    Rinnsal

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Minecraft: bstramke

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostLaukintonmods, on 02 March 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

I don't saying that, I said its more better if you make a "hard versions" wich is the same without use this mod but add more realism..
thats only I want..

Edit the config file to match your needs.
Check out my Mod, NetherStuffs! Its goal is to enrich the Nether to more use than "Giant Lava source". It's located here:
http://www.minecraft...dd-soul-energy/