Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6-1.5.1+]MyTown / aPerf - server protection and performance mods

1.5.1+ protection server performance anti-grief mod-support

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

mrzpicklez

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

is there a way that you can add an outpost type option so that if i have a mining age set up in mystcraft people can protect their quarrys... if it is already in there can you tell me what node to use to set that option please.

Register or log in to remove.

alphaest
  • Minecraft: alphaest

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

View Postmrzpicklez, on 31 January 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

is there a way that you can add an outpost type option so that if i have a mining age set up in mystcraft people can protect their quarrys... if it is already in there can you tell me what node to use to set that option please.

Plots you claim don't have to be next to eachother in MyTown. Go claim where you want

--------------------------

PermissionsEx 1.4.7.1
ModifyWorld2 1.4.7.1
MyTown 1.4.7.2

updated.

The new MyTown and ModifyWorld2 require the updated PEX.

Example pex script after the update - http://pastebin.com/UdDuXHKy

groups:
  default:
	prefix: $f
	options:
	  rank-ladder: Donor
	  build: true
	  permission-denied-mytown.cmd.perm: $4These perm nodes are system-only
	  permission-denied-mytown.cmd.plot: $4Donor 3 $f[$4<3$f] $4rank command
	  permission-denied-mytown.cmd.spawn.own: $4Donor 3 $f[$4<3$f] $4rank command
	  permission-denied-mytown.cmd.spawn.other: $4Donor 4 $f[$5<3$f] $4rank command
	  permission-denied-modifyworld.enter.25: $4Requires Donor 2 $f[$6<3$f] $4rank to enter
	default: true
	permissions:
	- -mytown.chat.(allowcaps|allowcolors|focus.help)
	- -mytown.cmd.(plot|spawn.*)
	- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact).(1517|939:1)
	- -modifyworld.enter.25
	- -mytown.cmd.perm.(set|force).*.(closeclaim|creepoff|mobsoff|yon|yfrom|yto)
	- -modifyworld.damage.take.outofworld
	- modifyworld.*
	- mytown.cmd(|.*)
	- mytown.ecmd.*
	- mytown.chat.*
	worlds:
	  '1':
		permissions:
		- modifyworld.damage.take.outofworld
  Admin:
	prefix: $f[$4Admin$f]
	inheritance:
	permissions:
	- '*'
	worlds:
	  '1':
		permissions:
		- modifyworld.damage.take.outofworld
  Fakeadmin:
	prefix: $f[$4Admin$f]
	inheritance:
	permissions:
	- permissions.manage.(command|membership.Admin)
	- mytown.adm.cmd.wrk
  Donor1:
	suffix: ' $f[$e<3$f]'
	options:
	inheritance:
	permissions:
	- mytown.mayor.blocks.2
	- mytown.resident.blocksmulti.4
  Donor2:
	suffix: ' $f[$6<3$f]'
	options:
	inheritance:
	- Donor1
	permissions:
	- modifyworld.enter.25
	- mytown.chat.(allowcaps|focus.help)
	- mytown.mayor.blocks.4
  Donor3:
	suffix: ' $f[$4<3$f]'
	options:
	inheritance:
	- Donor2
	permissions:
	- modifyworld.enter.25
	- mytown.cmd.plot
	- mytown.cmd.spawn.own
	- mytown.mayor.blocks.8
	- mytown.resident.blocksmulti.8
	- mytown.chat.allowcolors

Posted Image

SergeantKoopa

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Postalphaest, on 31 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

are you holding some odd items in hand which have righ click features?

I'm not. Tried every which way, with items, without items. No matter what I attempt to use be it doors, and other things it simply tells me that I can't build in that area, even though Access is turned on. Even if the person is part of my town, unless I set things to Build, even citizens can't use my items. I want to blame a bad permission/configuration set, but I get the impression there's nothing in those that would control that sort of thing.

phasedenergy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

OK, thanks for the help, I do realise this is new, and I don`t think it sucks, I was just wondering....lol everytime I asked a staff on the server about the commands they just say "go google it"......not entirely helpful lol, although we did get the generic list, you provided here, posted on our forums, they are fairly basic without any real indepth assisstance......I have worked out some of the perms issues, so no problems there.

Just thinking it would be nice not to HAVE to assign all town plots to the town mayor for friends commands, the inheritance thing helps as well..thanks.

Looking forward to your work on this...all the suggestions promise an awesome mod.

Ayeso
    Ayeso

Carpenter

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Alpha,

Any idea why this Aperf command doesnt work?

"/aperf entity spawn add map 0 all group monster ClearAbove-30"

alphaest

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostAyeso, on 31 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Alpha,

Any idea why this Aperf command doesnt work?

"/aperf entity spawn add map 0 all group monster ClearAbove-30"

outdated. new entity spawns, look in changelog.

/ap e s a clear g:monster count:30
should be the command, look in /ap e s types for the options
Posted Image

Ayeso
    Ayeso

Carpenter

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Postalphaest, on 31 January 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

outdated. new entity spawns, look in changelog.

/ap e s a clear g:monster count:30
should be the command, look in /ap e s types for the options

Oooh thanks a ton! I missed that.

alphaest

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View Postphasedenergy, on 31 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

OK, thanks for the help, I do realise this is new, and I don`t think it sucks, I was just wondering....lol everytime I asked a staff on the server about the commands they just say "go google it"......not entirely helpful lol, although we did get the generic list, you provided here, posted on our forums, they are fairly basic without any real indepth assisstance......I have worked out some of the perms issues, so no problems there.

Just thinking it would be nice not to HAVE to assign all town plots to the town mayor for friends commands, the inheritance thing helps as well..thanks.

Looking forward to your work on this...all the suggestions promise an awesome mod.

I made the assignplot command area based just for you. /t assignplot mynameisthis rect 2 (takes a radius 2 blocks area - 5x5)

I think it would be a bad idea to give access to other member plots in a town when the mayor has ppl in his friends list.

View PostAyeso, on 31 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Oooh thanks a ton! I missed that.

And if you want to mod a existing command use /ap e (s)pawn (s)et <index> <key> <value> like /ap e s s 1 count 32
Posted Image

phasedenergy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thank you, I remembered one thing, I mentioned the rect<n>...the reason I mentioned it: when typed as rect or rectangle or even circle with a number (ex: /t claim rect 5) the response was "unknown argument rect"

And when inputting numbers...say /t claim 5...again "unknown argument   5"...it had Me wondering what I was doing wrong.

makermod1
    makermod1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

woah!!
I think I could live off of the example script, question though, how would you add a automatic guest for new players who cant destroy plots or do anything?
I know there is a command to stop them from breaking and using blocks but I really have no clue as to how its written including the guest group itself....  
Thanks
and I would assume to add commands it would be
permissions:
- -mytown.chat.(allowcaps|allowcolors|focus.help)
- -mytown.cmd.(plot|spawn.*)
- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact).(1517|939:1)
- -modifyworld.enter.25
- -mytown.cmd.perm.(set|force).*.(closeclaim|creepoff|mobsoff|yon|yfrom|yto)
- modifyworld.*
- mytown.cmd(|.*)
- mytown.ecmd.*
- mytown.chat.*
- necessities.home.*
I dont know much about permissions because I have always used forge....
I also think Necessities Only works with the ( I think he stopped do to Forge Essentials and this one) McPermissions.. but anyways you get the idea..
Necessities does not have pex support just yet
Posted Image

SergeantKoopa

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

After more testing with the update I wiped the configs and permissions and set everything back up according to the example PEX file above. I have built a new town. I set nation to Access and I set out to Access as well. I've done everything I can think of be it setting up town, plot, or what have you, and no matter what anything that requires right-click interaction, except for chests, absolutely will not work. My players can't even interact with villagers. They only get the "can't build in this area" error.

tonnic
    tonnic

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Anyone know why when a user tries to join the server, they get an error that says "sorry you do not have enough permissions".   This is the default no permissions error from Modifyworld2.

skalleno
    skalleno

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

View Posttonnic, on 01 February 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Anyone know why when a user tries to join the server, they get an error that says "sorry you do not have enough permissions".   This is the default no permissions error from Modifyworld2.
I think you have to give the permission. modifyworld.*

alphaest

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

New version of MyTown is up with lots of chat features.

View PostSergeantKoopa, on 01 February 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

After more testing with the update I wiped the configs and permissions and set everything back up according to the example PEX file above. I have built a new town. I set nation to Access and I set out to Access as well. I've done everything I can think of be it setting up town, plot, or what have you, and no matter what anything that requires right-click interaction, except for chests, absolutely will not work. My players can't even interact with villagers. They only get the "can't build in this area" error.

Try with the new one

Edit:
MyTown and aPerf commands list updated.
Posted Image

HaoSs
    HaoSs

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Nice updates. really really nice.

quick question. how can i make a chanal where only op/or pex perm can talk in it. but seen by everyone ? or is there a option to add color to text in chat for every player ? sometimes its hard for me to get notice when the chat is used by 15 players. ever with the red prefix

And some requests/ideas i have:
1)The ability to make a public town with set plots. where a player can enter a plot and do a /t claim ( whit a plot limit set from config ), I hate to see 10 towns with 1 resident ( the mayor ). Now i give "/t new name" just to a pex mayor group set by me. and they need 3 members to get that group.But when i'm not online its a little hard for the players. and they get frustrated. I also give plots for solo players,in a public town set by a smurf name. using the /ta comamnds ( this also have to be done manually by me )

2)Another idea i have . ( And this one is little tricky to understand ) Make a option for the /t new command ( with the perm ( mytown.cmd.new.<number> ) lets sey the number is 2, you need 2 residents to make a town. and the command will be /t new TOWNMANE PLAYER1 PLAYER2 ( the player 1 and 2 will have to do a /t accept . then the town will be created, if 1 of the 2 players lave, they will have 1 day ( set from the config) to fill the spot before the town delete's itself

What do you think ?

alphaest

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostHaoSs, on 01 February 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Nice updates. really really nice.

quick question. how can i make a chanal where only op/or pex perm can talk in it. but seen by everyone ? or is there a option to add color to text in chat for every player ? sometimes its hard for me to get notice when the chat is used by 15 players. ever with the red prefix

From command manual:

/g /tr /h /tc /nc <msg>
Sends a message to the specific channel without focusing (switching) it.
For global channels there's a extra perm node - mytown.chat.allowcaps which is used to let people use capital letters in chat. Think what you will of why i have implemented this, but it has brought alot of peace to our server veteran players from the "average" "noob".
For all channels there's a perm node - mytown.chat.allowcolors - which enables color tag renaming from $<code> to ยง<code>. /g $2 Hi green $r, normal again, $l bold text.

Posted Image

HaoSs
    HaoSs

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

not really what i was looking for Posted Image. you need to manually write $2text to get colors every time, was hoping for something like set $4 in the suffix in pex and all the text you write from now one gets colored in red. in every chat

tonnic
    tonnic

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Is there a way that we can allow someone perm plot access to a certain level but not below or above in a plot?

I have a storehouse.

top floor has a public chest so people can deposit things. - do want access to outsiders
middle floor has sorting machines -- don't want access to outsiders
bottom floor has all barrels/chests - do want access to outsiders

How do I accomplish this?

alphaest

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Posttonnic, on 01 February 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Is there a way that we can allow someone perm plot access to a certain level but not below or above in a plot?

I have a storehouse.

top floor has a public chest so people can deposit things. - do want access to outsiders
middle floor has sorting machines -- don't want access to outsiders
bottom floor has all barrels/chests - do want access to outsiders

How do I accomplish this?

Give access to whole plot, have doors into middle floors from outside the plot where only you can open the door. Or use the thaumcraft door which only you can use.
But no, you can't layer using mytown unless you make 2 seperate towns and the one in the middle owns the plot and has yon-yfrom-yto perms set. Then the town plot next to it takes over teh rest of the area with its perms.
Posted Image

tonnic
    tonnic

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

View Postalphaest, on 01 February 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Give access to whole plot, have doors into middle floors from outside the plot where only you can open the door. Or use the thaumcraft door which only you can use.
But no, you can't layer using mytown unless you make 2 seperate towns and the one in the middle owns the plot and has yon-yfrom-yto perms set. Then the town plot next to it takes over teh rest of the area with its perms.

Thanks, that's what I thought, so I'm making a door from outside the plot and a tunnel.