• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7][SSP+SMP] Doggy Talents - A day dogs would not drown! - Now updated, new AI, beds and more!

dog wolf doggy talents drown hot

• Please log in to reply
668 replies to this topic

ProPercivalalb
  • Minecraft: percivalalb

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

List of some included features...
  • 15 unique talents you can give your dog
  • Dog leveling system
  • Play fetch with your dog
  • Care for your dog with beds, food bowls etc
  • Upgraded AI from the wolf
  • New hunger system, don't worry about your dog dying unnecessary
  • Much more, check out the mod yourself!
Downloads

Adfoc.us (To download the mod click on link then wait 7 seconds and click the skip button in the top right)
Doggy Talents v1.6.0a - Minecraft 1.7 (Released on 10th of Feb) - Please back up your worlds before trying this out, I will not be held responsible for any damage done. Please report back on bugs.

Old Downloads
Doggy Talents v1.5.1a - Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4
Doggy Talents v1.5.0a - Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4
Doggy Talents v1.4.0a - Minecraft 1.6.2
Doggy Talents v1.3.0a - Minecraft 1.5.1/1.5.2
Doggy Talents v1.1.0a - Minecraft 1.4.7
Doggy Talents v1.0.0a - Minecraft 1.4.7

For the changelog please see this page.

Do you like this mod? Be sure to click this Posted Image beautiful icon at the bottom to support me and this Posted Image at the top to follow the post!

Open Source

The source code of 'Doggy Talents' is publicly available on Github to allow modders to learn from my code or even for people to contribute to the code of the mod. You can find the git at
https://github.com/P...lb/DoggyTalents. Note this does not give you instant permissions for adding this mod to public mod packs, please sent me a request via PM and I will consider.

If you can't code but have ideas or suggestions no how to improve the mode then please leave a message on this post or PM me with your ideas.

Installation

*This installation instructions are for 1.6 and higher due to the way forge is now installed*

Client
  • Make sure you have the new Minecraft launcher and have run 1.7 at least once.
  • Then download a version of forge from this link.
  • Once you have the jar file of minecraft forge's website open it up.
  • Select the 'Install client' option and click ok.
  • Minecraft forge is now installed!
  • Now open up the launcher and in the profile selector select 'Forge', login and run Forge 1.7.2. (May take a while)
  • Close Minecraft once it is open and find you Minecraft installation directory (PC : %appadata%/.minecraft, MAC : minecraft folder)
  • In the .minecraft folder will now be a mods folder, in that mods folder create a folder named'1.7.2' or whatever version of minecraft you are running.
  • Download DoggyTalents mod from the link above and drag n' drop it in the '1.7.2' folder.
  • Run minecraft through the new launcher and enjoy!
Documentation

You first task would be to create a training treat and feed it to one of your tamed wolfs. In doing so your wolf has now become a dog: a much more playful and useful friend to have at your side. If you are unsure whether you now have a dog or think I am misleading you Posted Image right click your dog with a plain old vanilla stick. BAMM there you have it, the gui where you can edit details, give talents, change your dogs name etc. It looks like this...

Posted Image

You can increase the level of a talent to level 5 but as you go up the level costs more points. Thought usually if you get a talent to level 5 your dog will get an extra special ability's. As you it gets more expensive as the level gets higher, so to level up from 1 to 2 it costs 1 point, from level 3 to 4 it costs 3 points.Now how do you get these points? Well there are 4 tiers of treats, they are...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Training Treat (Can take the dog up to level 20)!
Super Treat (Can take the dog to level 40)!
Master Treat (Can take the dog to level 60) !
Dire Treat which adds to the dire level. And once the dog reaches dire level 30 he is an ultimate dog!

Every time you level your dog up he gets 1 more point to spend on skills, your dog starts off with 15 skill points which is enough to get 1 skill to level 5 (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 =  15).

The Talents

There are currently 18 different talents you can give to your dog they are...
  • BlackPelt: Improves critical hit rate, which increases damage by 50%.
  • GuardDog: Increases the chance that your dog will completely block a physical attack.
  • HunterDog: Every level grants a 10% chance to make anything your dog kills drop its loot twice. Level 5 grants an extra 10%, bringing it up to a 60% chance.
  • HellHound: Lets your dog set things on fire with its attacks. The higher the level, the longer the fire lasts. Level 5 grants your dog immunity to all fire damage.
  • PackPuppy: Each level gives your dog 3 inventory slots in its PackPuppy GUI. To open the GUI right click on your dog with a plank in hand! At level 5, your dog will also automatically pick up any nearby items if it has space in its inventory.
  • PillowPaw: Every level lets your dog fall 3 more blocks before it starts taking damage. Mastering this skill makes your dog completely immune to fall damage, and also capable of floating/gliding when it jumps.
  • ShepherdDogs: Put some wheat in your hand, and any trained ShepherdDogs will immediately rustle up some nearby livestock and carry them for you, making it easier to transport livestock long distances. This is quite tiring though, and costs a lot of nourishment (the cost is reduced with higher levels in the skill). To have your dog drop the animal, simply right-click on the dog.
  • CreeperSweeper: A dog with this skill can smell creepers in the area, and if your dog isn't sitting, it will growl to warn you. The range at which your dog can detect creepers increases by 6 blocks per level, and mastering this skill will make your dog capable of attacking creepers. Your dog will reset the creeper's detonation timer with each attack.
  • DoggyDash: Increases your dog's movement speed while chasing a target. Every level grants a 12% increase, and mastering it grants an additional 15% increase.
  • FisherDog: Whenever your dog enters the water, it may catch a fish, which it will give to you when it shakes itself dry. The chance of catching a fish increases with level, and any points in HellHound may cause the fish to be pre-cooked. Mastering this skill lets your dog breathe underwater.
  • HappyEater: Increases the NP your dog gets from food items by 10% per level. In addition, level 3 lets your dog eat rotten flesh, and level 5 lets your dog eat fish.
  • BedFinder: While a dog with this skill is on your head, it will look in the direction of your home. To get the dog on you head right click on him with a bone in hand. The range at which it can do this is equal to 200 blocks per level, but becomes infinite at level 5.
  • PestFighter: Inflicts 1 point of damage on all nearby silverfish at random. Increasing the skill level increases the range by 3 blocks, and mastering the skill doubles the damage.
  • PoisonFang: Your dog's attacks will poison their target, and the poison's duration increases with level. At level 3 your dog becomes immune to poison, and mastering this skill allows you to cleanse yourself of all potion effects, including poison, by right-clicking on your dog with a spider eye, at the cost of 30 NP.
  • QuickHealer: Improves the rate at which your dog heals without needing to rest. Max this out and your dog will be able to heal 50% faster by sitting.
  • RescueDog: If you're at critical health and a dog with this skill is following you, it will attempt to heal you half a heart per level in this skill, at the cost of 100 NP. Mastering this skill reduces the cost to 80 NP.
  • PuppyEyes: This skill will cause your dog to warm the heart of any villager, prompting the villager to give you presents! Higher levels in the skill increase the quality of the random gifts. This can only be done once every two Minecraft days. Mastering the skill allows you to do this once every Single Minecraft day.
  • Wolf Mount: This allows you to ride your dog at speed around the land. To mount your dog jump and right click on the dog with nothing in your hand. Beware NP points drain faster while riding your dog.
Credits

Thanks to all the people who contributed to the old version of the mod and of course the original creator RaustBlackDragon.

Old Post
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

ProPercivalalb

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Changed Post a bit

nukularpower

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

While I am super excited to use this mod again, I'm not sure posting it without Raust's permission is legal or ethical, for that matter, especially not when you are putting it behind an adfly.  I was just typing a post about something similar, go figure >.>

Anyways, assuming it's all ok and knowing the people that tend to post here, you should probably mention to put the mod zip into the mods directory.. your install instructions only tell you how to install Forge Posted Image

Posted Image

ProPercivalalb

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

View Postnukularpower, on 17 January 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

While I am super excited to use this mod again, I'm not sure posting it without Raust's permission is legal or ethical, for that matter.  I was just typing a post about something similar, go figure >.>

RaustBlackDragon has not been on for a few weeks and he said he would just this and i just want to get the mod back on the road.

gizzy14gazza
  • Minecraft: gizzy14gazza

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

How do you get the treats? Crafting recipe? Also what does each trick do? BlackPelt, HellHound, GuardDog, HunterDog, CreeperSweeper. Some of them are obvious, but what is BlackPelt and HellHound? And what does HunterDog actually hunt?

^ Ignore that, found original post. Awesome btw!

Edited by gizzy14gazza, 17 January 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Metsomba
  • Minecraft: MrJambo

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Haha.. Gizzy review time? :D I could try this and make video myself
Mod Showcases & Mini Games -->

Black_Eye

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

AWESOME, I waited for this mod to return, since 1.2.5 :(
I guess it's all okay to him, give him the Credits and it'll be fine, maybe work together on the mod, when he's back online!

How much time do you need, to update the abilities? :)
I'll download it for sure, when it's done ;)

If you want me to try the mod out etc., tell me :P
But I prefer playing with finished things xD
Stop the Grief and Start the Love <3

Ripken01
    Ripken01

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I can't download it! Alternate download please!!!

Jhary
    Jhary

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Minecraft: Jhary

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Works fine ! i am really looking foward to the next content patch. Nice work !

Posted Image

nukularpower

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

So after Raust posted in the other thread saying this was ok, I decided to give it a shot.  Here are my initial thoughts:

-Seems to have most of the functionality of the original.  The dogs are still reskinnable by overwriting the .png files in the mod zip, and stuff like throwing bones work.  Neat

-The config file does not generate (or at least I can't find it if it does), so it's impossible to turn hunger off

-The arrow key "shouts" don't seem to work

-You can no longer change the dog's skin from the stick-UI

-One of the missing skills is HappyEater, which is the most important one imo, especially considering, as I mentioned, that there is no way to turn hunger off atm

-Seems to work well on my server.   However, it would be ideal if there was an external texture file/directory, as otherwise I would have to redistribute the mod to my clients to have them see the same dog skins that I am using.

So, all in all, pretty good.  Thanks for the update.

Posted Image

MinecraftStunter
  • Minecraft: BigYellowSnow

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I'm looking forward to use this mod in it's later updates. :)

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Yay!!!  A new journey of Doggy Talents starts today!!!

Hope to see some new abilities for the dogs that were in 1.2.5 added soon

But, great job on the updatePosted Image
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

Marioh10
  • Minecraft: Guilmon1337

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Must...  Ride...  Wolf...  Add that one next PLEASE!

I need help growing my newly adopted dragon.  If you have spare time, please, click on him.  I want this egg/hatchling to grow very strong! Posted Image  Thanks in advance.

zigadooz
    zigadooz

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Minecraft: Zigadooz

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Is this the full version of the original, just updated to 1.4.7? Some of the post make it seem like it's not :/

Shiny!-> Posted Image

I was gonna make a cool signature pic...But then I got bored and discovered Dragon Cave.

RawrTara
    RawrTara

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • Minecraft: Super_Tara

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Oh yay! I've been waiting for this. <3

The dogs don't die still, right?

I really wish you'd put the original mod's thread link in your post, as that has recipes and such in it.

My posts will always have typos and that fact will always drive me crazy.

rrusciguy
    rrusciguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 911 posts
  • Minecraft: rrusciguy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I remember seeing Dire use the origional in his 1.2.5 LP, look forward to a full featured update :)
"my build. I push the buttons" -DW
He's a mad man with a box
Posted Image

elemenster

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View Postzigadooz, on 18 January 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Is this the full version of the original, just updated to 1.4.7? Some of the post make it seem like it's not :/
about 25% ish all those + marks are extra skills and some are kinda big parts wolfmount and pack puppy are great for nomad runs
wolfmount pillowpaw and happy eater/packpuppy are great for your main riding dog

bestiaryharry
  • Minecraft: bestiaryharry

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Can i make a mod spotlight pleaseeee, this is amazing!

gizzy14gazza
  • Minecraft: gizzy14gazza

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Super Harvey! I choose you! Enjoy the mod showcase, would be great to be featured :D

Metsomba
  • Minecraft: MrJambo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Video should be up soon :)
Mod Showcases & Mini Games -->