Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Dimensional Doors v2.2.2

• Please log in to reply
3623 replies to this topic

stevenrs11

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

POPULAR

Sometimes, the laws that govern reality do not always hold firm. With the right tools they can be bent, twisted, and even torn. Push aside reality itself and enter the space between spaces with...

Posted Image

Limbo is the accumulated remains of a thousand dead worlds, timeless and infinite. Yet it is not a lifeless realm, because something old sleeps here, something that watches and waits. Think twice before you break the ancient walls within the dungeons, because whatever built them did so for a very, very good reason. There are eyes in the dark, and you are not supposed to be here.

Dimensional Doors is a mod about manipulating dimensions and exploration. You can use its doors to connect and travel between any two locations instantly, even across dimensions, or to create your own pocket dimensions, isolated from the rest of the world. There are also doorways to seemingly endless dungeons, waiting for anyone to happen upon them.

Downloads
Recommended for MC 1.6.4: Dimensional Doors 2.2.3-326

The latest development version for MC 1.6.4 is available at Technic Jenkins. Be sure to back up your world as there is a risk that latest builds may not be intended for normal use. You have been warned!

If you've enjoyed this mod, please consider donating to the SenseiKiwi and myself. A lot of time goes into building dungeons and producing updates.

Posted Image

Older Downloads
Spoiler:

Dungeons
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

Modpacks
Spoiler:

Contact Us
Spoiler:

Banner
Spoiler:

Thanks
Spoiler:

License
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Thyrllann
  • Minecraft: Thyrllann

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Cheers for this - the mod looks amazing and I can't wait to try it out :D
Angels are bright, though the brightest fell. Though all things foul would wear the brows of grace; Still grace must look so.
And by the way; Who is John Galt?

Shaadaris
  • Location: Not anywhere, nowhere, or everywhere. Just "Where".
  • Minecraft: ShadeNova42

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Congrats on the release! I must say for a mod that, at first glance seems to add very little, it's quickly become one of my favorites! Now I just need that elusive Mystcraft compatibility, and for the Fabric of Reality to get some Thaumcraft Aspects, then I'll be adding this to my main Modded MultiMC Instance!

stevenrs11

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostShaadaris, on 17 January 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Congrats on the release! I must say for a mod that, at first glance seems to add very little, it's quickly become one of my favorites! Now I just need that elusive Mystcraft compatibility, and for the Fabric of Reality to get some Thaumcraft Aspects, then I'll be adding this to my main Modded MultiMC Instance!

Oh, its not elusive anymore. Its compatible with Mystcraft, and most other mods I could find. I actually made the config drop-in compatible with the FTB packs.

Posted Image

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

This seems to be having an issues with x3n0's reliquary Whenever I try to craft the wooden warp door, I get a void tear from his mod. I tried it with both the enderpearl and unstable fabric
Posted Image

stevenrs11

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

That sounds like an ID conflict, just go into the config file(either one) and change the ID of the tear/WWD to something that doesn't overlap.

Posted Image

omegaprime02
  • Minecraft: Omegaprime02

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

If it's Mystcraft Compatible, I'll be using it, and nice job with this, it looks really cool, can't wait to see what some people make.

As a note, just remember that Minecraft Forge allows you to create a mcmod.info file for in game reminders as to what the mod does

Shaadaris
  • Location: Not anywhere, nowhere, or everywhere. Just "Where".
  • Minecraft: ShadeNova42

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

View Poststevenrs11, on 17 January 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Oh, its not elusive anymore. Its compatible with Mystcraft, and most other mods I could find. I actually made the config drop-in compatible with the FTB packs.
Oh, really? Great! A thought just occured to me, it would be amazing if Mystcraft Dimensions were kept as they are, but Dimensions from this mod were actually in between, like Dimension 5.8 or 4.2 etc. Doubtfull something like that is feasable, much less at all possible, but whatever.

mrcakes
    mrcakes

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

would the doors happen to require a certain biome to work? i'm using the biomes o' plenty mod and the iron door takes me to the same small black room every time. and the wooden one just doesn't work at all.

crazed_seal

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

View Postmrcakes, on 17 January 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

would the doors happen to require a certain biome to work? i'm using the biomes o' plenty mod and the iron door takes me to the same small black room every time. and the wooden one just doesn't work at all.

No, the dimensions will always be black rooms, able to be filled with whatever you desire.
All shall tremble before the spider horde!
[Spider] [Spider] [Spider] [Spider] [Spider]
Cute at Day. Dangerous at Night.

Raizanoro
  • Minecraft: Raizanoro

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

I posted this on the other thread before, it mayhaps have been overlooked, but is there a way to prevent Rifts from spawning naturally? I really love the mod, but the Rift spawnings just bombard me with lag, and also spawn and mess up all my DivineRPG Dimensions. >_<
If you're bored enough, you can watch some of my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.c...no?feature=mhee
I'm boring, so don't get yer hopes up! You can also suggest videos for me if you want, and I will quite possibly do them.

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

View Poststevenrs11, on 17 January 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

That sounds like an ID conflict, just go into the config file(either one) and change the ID of the tear/WWD to something that doesn't overlap.
You were absolutely right, I just chopped a number off the id and I was good to go :3

View PostRaizanoro, on 17 January 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

I posted this on the other thread before, it mayhaps have been overlooked, but is there a way to prevent Rifts from spawning naturally? I really love the mod, but the Rift spawnings just bombard me with lag, and also spawn and mess up all my DivineRPG Dimensions. >_<

It's in the config file now
Posted Image

stevenrs11

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

I thought I mentioned it, but after your post I added two options to the config file that either prevent them from spawning or prevent them from spreading.

Posted Image

mrcakes
    mrcakes

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

View Postcrazed_seal, on 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

No, the dimensions will always be black rooms, able to be filled with whatever you desire.

thanks, i just figured out how this whole mod works xD

omegaprime02

I would like to second this, I only use a couple of doors for now, but I might start to build mazes later, maybe a modification of the rift closer as a block that functions automatically

stevenrs11

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

View Postmrcakes, on 17 January 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

Thats actually a different small black room every time. And wooden doors only work if placed inside a pocket dimension.

[ninjad...]

And so you know, that redstone/piston device is a method to lock a dim- its physically impossible to ever enter that pocket through that door.

Posted Image

omegaprime02

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Quick question, is there a size limit to the room? Or is it the same as normal minecraft?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

The Templars

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

very nice

Posted Image

Raizanoro
  • Minecraft: Raizanoro

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Poststevenrs11, on 17 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

I thought I mentioned it, but after your post I added two options to the config file that either prevent them from spawning or prevent them from spreading.

I didn't see it, so I apologize for the double post. XD And thanks a ton for option!!!
If you're bored enough, you can watch some of my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.c...no?feature=mhee
I'm boring, so don't get yer hopes up! You can also suggest videos for me if you want, and I will quite possibly do them.

thecraftinguru
  • Minecraft: Thecraftingguru

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Wow just wow so how do you make the dimensions link to ages, just with the rift signiture? I also assume that you can link into the dimensions with linkbooks, Also are there any repecusions to building a house in one of these dimensions, and do the wooden doors lead you to pregenerated dimension only, and can a door not place in the nether lead you there without use of rifts? I know lots of questions, but nice mod.