• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] [SMP] [Forge] Minechanics 0.18alpha (realistic fluids, fluid sensors, realistic plants (with genetics) and more)

with download mechanic water realistic lava pumps physics plants genetics renderer

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

wormzjl
    wormzjl

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Got the same problem here, tried to set maxTickBorder = 2000 but it did not help.

Register or log in to remove.

LolHens
    LolHens

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ok sorry! Found the bug! Trying to fix it. Here's the workaround: maxTickBorder = 2000 and environment = false.
Posted Image

wormzjl
    wormzjl

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostLolHens, on 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Ok sorry! Found the bug! Trying to fix it. Here's the workaround: maxTickBorder = 2000 and environment = false.
It's working inlands, but nothing is moving at the edge of the sea lol.

LolHens
    LolHens

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yeah! Something is producing ticklag in the code and the lagprevention turns the fancy water mechanics off, that it don't laggs out your whole world. Trying to fix it today.

Edit: did it! Go download V14. Works much much more smoothly.
Posted Image

th3falc0n

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

All issues should be fixed now.
Redstone Temple of Time 4Ever (videos are coming soon =D)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

yannymishchuk

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Sorry to bother you but the download is not working, it sends me to a page with options to download your old versions but I can't get version 0.14alpha.

Please Help
Posted Image

DanniL113
  • Minecraft: DanniL113

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postyannymishchuk, on 27 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

Sorry to bother you but the download is not working, it sends me to a page with options to download your old versions but I can't get version 0.14alpha.

Please Help

Same problem here.

LolHens
    LolHens

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

hm ok he forgot to upload it. Here is a temporary link to v14: ----
Edit: Link fixed!
Posted Image

th3falc0n

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Yes he is right I probably forgot to upload it yesterday (it was really late). Link works now.

wormzjl
    wormzjl

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

It's much better now but still behaving a bit strange……sometimes it's working and sometimes it's not.
Could you add an option to turn off water evaporating? Cause I fear that it's the source of lag in oceans.

th3falc0n

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Water evaporation can be turned off in options (see config spoiler in main post) but it doesn't caus the lag. Your water still has to flood caves and it pauses because it turn off the "flow" to prevent lags in other game mechanics. After the water has reached a stable state it will continue to flow. This takes a while in a new world but won't occur anymore after you played a littlebit. If the water wouldn't stop flowing it would just stop your whole game and you would have to wait about 5 minutes until your world is generated.

wormzjl
    wormzjl

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

umm, seems that it need some time before start working.

And 0.14 is no longer working on servers, tried both forge 499 and 515 but it didn't help
http://pastebin.com/6HcKscPG

th3falc0n

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for that report. We will try to fix it. :)

LolHens
    LolHens

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yeah i need the world object for particles, so that they know, in which world to spawn in. But it crashes the server.

Edit: Made a hotfix for servers. Check V15 in a few minutes
Posted Image

th3falc0n

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's online. Server crash is fixed now.

wormzjl
    wormzjl

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Works great now Posted Image
Tried to overflow a ravine under the sea and it ended up like this:
http://i928.photobuc...zpsd45a5b25.jpg
Seems that the current algorithm only allows water movement when there is a certain gradient?
Just keep up the good works guysPosted Image

th3falc0n

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for your praise.
The problem with the water mechanics is that it is still based on Minecraft water so that water can now flow further than 15 blocks per "stage".

LolHens
    LolHens

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

We were working on alternate fluid mechanics for testing, but we can add an option to enable them.
Then water will act like real water
Posted Image

DanniL113
  • Minecraft: DanniL113

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostLolHens, on 28 January 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

We were working on alternate fluid mechanics for testing, but we can add an option to enable them.
Then water will act like real water
That sounds like it will be great Posted Image I've also noticed weird unfilled parts of caves, i have some ideas, firstly if its possible are you eventually planning to make sponges store the water when you break then? I know normal sponges have wet form but that only is 10 water blocks, there is no middle storage points.
And ender sponges don't store water at all... Maybe you could make them store water like redpower battery boxes and thermal expansion tanks? So it just changes the damage value. I know for this you would need to give ender sponges a separate block id but i think it would be worth it.

Also maybe make ender sponges have a separate texture so you can tell the difference. Also a benefit of my first suggestion is that you can use the same thing that makes wet sponges darker to make sponges darker for how much water they have in them so it isnt a instant change and it would be kind of slow.

LolHens
    LolHens

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

it's already, like you're saying. Maybe not explained in the thread just yet. Ender sponges just suck and destroy the water.
sponges suck up to 15 blocks and get more wet, till they have reached the level, you can also get in creative.
then they will let any other water just through them and don't suck it up any more. You can pick them up and have 14 water blocks stored in your inventory!

What about, if ender sponges would glow green like the redpower lamps?
Posted Image