• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to play Minecraft PE with PC(or Mac?)+Android/Iphone.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Left4Cake008
  • Minecraft: Left4Cake2

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

If an admin/mod could help me out and change the title to
HOW TO PLAY Multiplayer MINECRAFT PE WITH PC(OR MAC?)+ANDROID/IPHONE.

that would be awsome.

After a bit of playing around with BlueStacks, I have successfully connected to a server hosted on my Android Tablet with BlueStacks on my PC.

Android/Iphone end.
Just host a game the way you normally would. Just be connected to the same network and host it befor you get to step 15 of Part 2 on the PC/Mac instructions.

PC (or Mac?) end.
Part 1: Playing Minecraft Pocket Edition on PC (and Mac?).
1: Install Bluestaks
2: Enable the Google Play Store:
3: Download Minecraft Pocket Edition from the play store.
4:If you get a brown screen when you launch it 1st:hit home and open Minecraft aging, then if it dose not work restart bluestack and then try launching it (as well as hitting home and re-launching it)

Part 2: Joining Multiplayer Games.
1: Download Pocket Tool from the play store
2: Launch Pocket Tool
3: Open: Tool Kit
4: Open: Change server IP
5: Type in an IP. (either your phone/tablets local IP or an online servers external ip)
6: Select: Patch My IP!
7: Back to Tool Kit Menu
8: Patch Mod
9: Long press the #.#.#.#.mod file with the IP you want.
10: Select "Patch, of course!"
11: Then press menu button on the bottom of the screen.
12: Select Apply Changes
13: Pocket tool app uninstall and reinstall Minecraft
14: You will need to restart bluestacks as for some reason a freshly installed Minecraft dose not work with out restarting.
15: Launch Minecraft and then if your server is running you should see it in Join Multiplayer.
16: Play!

Please give me feed back on if my instructions are clear.

Register or log in to remove.

_ChrisMCMine_
  • Minecraft: ChrisMCMine

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Nice instruction but anyway for Pc we already have http://shoghicp.gith...m/PocketMine-MP

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Left4Cake008

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Sure, for server hosting, I deflty perfer that.

View Post_ChrisMCMine_, on 16 January 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Nice instruction but anyway for Pc we already have http://shoghicp.gith...m/PocketMine-MP

For hosting a server, that is way better, however that wont let you play cross platform between PC/Mac and Android/I-Phone.

CaptainJR

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

kewl
Minecraft PE Modder (sort of)
If I helped you, please press the up arrow button thingy in the bottom right hand corner of this post. Thanks.

Bunkaz94
    Bunkaz94

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Or you can download the pc and mac version, don't you think?

<_<
Sorry about my english, my native language is spanish!
Spoiler:

500 Internal Server Error
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostLeft4Cake008, on 16 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

1: Install Bluestacks
My first reaction was "OMG Bluestacks support NDK applications now!!!11!"

Now, if only this worked on Linux...

Left4Cake008

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostBunkaz94, on 17 January 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

If both people who want to play have one.

View Post500 Internal Server Error, on 17 January 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

My first reaction was "OMG Bluestacks support NDK applications now!!!11!"

Now, if only this worked on Linux...

I only thing with bluestacks is the way it handles IPs. Somethings like nesoids netplay works, but ftp over lan dose not.

CaptainJR

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ok I'm actually going to try this out now...
Minecraft PE Modder (sort of)
If I helped you, please press the up arrow button thingy in the bottom right hand corner of this post. Thanks.

ATribeCalledGao

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Poop my graphics drivers aren't good enough -.-
I can't run it :(

I AM NOBODY

Posted Image

eugeen
    eugeen

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Minecraft: eugeen

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I do not own a android device and i dont have a help option got a guide on that as i got apple devices only Posted Image

EDIT: Fixed the help option problem got playstore and mcpe and all :)
~͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜  ~͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜

SHiftER2O
    SHiftER2O

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostBunkaz94, on 17 January 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Posted Image
Well, well, If it isn't Mr. I feel so superior to other people just because they have opinions or ideas that are new but doubtful to the forum community. You better open up and stop acting like a head honcho
:D
Posted Image

eugeen
    eugeen

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Minecraft: eugeen

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Any way to bind keyboard keys to screen touches to actually be able to play it? :P
~͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜  ~͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜

loganbrooks25

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hi, thanks for this tutuorial, but when I try join a multiplayer game my tablet is hosting, (minecraft runs perfectly on my PC Windows 7), it shows it ( I have to put the IP for my tablet there etc etc, have done with that program) but so Iclick on the game, and it says it cant join after a while, what am I doing wrong, it doesnt load, just tries to connect to server, please help, also the TAblet is host, when I host on PC, it doesnt show on tablet/phone, or do I need to run that other program on my tablet? Please help? thanks!

loganbrooks25

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostLeft4Cake008, on 16 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

If an admin/mod could help me out and change the title to
HOW TO PLAY Multiplayer MINECRAFT PE WITH PC(OR MAC?)+ANDROID/IPHONE.

that would be awsome.

After a bit of playing around with BlueStacks, I have successfully connected to a server hosted on my Android Tablet with BlueStacks on my PC.

Android/Iphone end.
Just host a game the way you normally would. Just be connected to the same network and host it befor you get to step 15 of Part 2 on the PC/Mac instructions.

PC (or Mac?) end.
Part 1: Playing Minecraft Pocket Edition on PC (and Mac?).
1: Install Bluestaks
2: Enable the Google Play Store:
3: Download Minecraft Pocket Edition from the play store.
4:If you get a brown screen when you launch it 1st:hit home and open Minecraft aging, then if it dose not work restart bluestack and then try launching it (as well as hitting home and re-launching it)

Part 2: Joining Multiplayer Games.
1: Download Pocket Tool from the play store
2: Launch Pocket Tool
3: Open: Tool Kit
4: Open: Change server IP
5: Type in an IP. (either your phone/tablets local IP or an online servers external ip)
6: Select: Patch My IP!
7: Back to Tool Kit Menu
8: Patch Mod
9: Long press the #.#.#.#.mod file with the IP you want.
10: Select "Patch, of course!"
11: Then press menu button on the bottom of the screen.
12: Select Apply Changes
13: Pocket tool app uninstall and reinstall Minecraft
14: You will need to restart bluestacks as for some reason a freshly installed Minecraft dose not work with out restarting.
15: Launch Minecraft and then if your server is running you should see it in Join Multiplayer.
16: Play!

Please give me feed back on if my instructions are clear.
Please help me! :)

Left4Cake008

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postloganbrooks25, on 21 January 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

Hi, thanks for this tutuorial, but when I try join a multiplayer game my tablet is hosting, (minecraft runs perfectly on my PC Windows 7), it shows it ( I have to put the IP for my tablet there etc etc, have done with that program) but so Iclick on the game, and it says it cant join after a while, what am I doing wrong, it doesnt load, just tries to connect to server, please help, also the TAblet is host, when I host on PC, it doesnt show on tablet/phone, or do I need to run that other program on my tablet? Please help? thanks!

Not sure. What error message do you get?

I don't have enough info to give you a direct anwser but if it helps I can toss in a few possible solutions

Check you firewall setting, Make sure you IP is correct. Also I have never tested playing with both players being set to the same name, (I don't know if that would even cause an issue but worth checking.), Also make sure they both have the same version of Minecraft installed, as well as cheak to make sure your PC can even play Minecraft PE in single player.

and don't excpect to be able to host with your PC, the reason that it can't host is the same reason it take so many hoops to get it to play multiplayer to begin with.

Also as for the people asking about keyboard input
Well I tried using game keyboard on the app maket, (if I recall its $5) but for one it requires root (I rooted my tablet but havn't tried rooting bluestakes yet), but even then it seems to not be reponing to my key presses. Other games seem to work just fine with it, Its just minecraft I can't get to responed to it, if anyone else figures it out I would love to know. (may be I could just be doing something wrong.

Shad0_
    Shad0_

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

So, I could record my gameplay using Fraps and Bluestacks? Interesting...

View Postloganbrooks25, on 21 January 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Dat quote

Please help me! :)

Please don't quote the first post -.-"
Also know as- Shadowiki, Shadov, Shadoviki, Shad0_, Shadovik4, and Unlifer. Find me and say "Hi!" or ­ off.

Munkhey
    Munkhey

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Please follow the link for adding keyboard support for Bluestacks.
http://www.minecraft...for-bluestacks/

robotroadkill

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

Is there an update to this process? I had a problem at step 13: there was no option within pocket tool to uninstall or install MC:PE.  Now, when I retry the process, It says the APK file is invalid when I "apply changes".

InfernoBlaze79

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

This was great. Thanks dude. But when you're installing minecraft again using pockettool it wouldn't let me so I had to do it from the play store. Is there something I did wrong?

moxolander

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Awesome info, I was able to to do everything listed BUT when my son enters his world in his tablet, I can't see him on my computer in order to join his world. I've checked & double checked my computer's IP and everything is fine. We have wifi so his tablet has an IP & computer has another one, and both getting wifi from same router, so not sure what to do, please help when possible, thank you.