Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Location: I wonder how many letters I can fit in here. Wow, that's
  • Minecraft: One_Huge_Negro
  • Xbox:ApatheticFart

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I used the search bar, and couldn't find any suggestions like this one.

Spoiler:

Tell me any changes/complaints you have with this suggestion in the comments.

There are more stars in the Milky Way Galaxy than atoms in the universe---Neil Degrasse Tyson

Posted Image
I wanted to be one of the cool kids.

Register or log in to remove.

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4845 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

The whole "better armor causes slower movement" thing has been suggested a lot before, but I think the gold thing is new. I am not such a big fan of the slower movement thing (only if it only applies to iron and diamond, and only if the slowness isn't much (-0.5 blocks per second in terms of walking speed) but I like the gold thing. Half-support.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

The change in speed wouldn't be much, just enough so that people without armor would be able to run faster than people in armor.

There are more stars in the Milky Way Galaxy than atoms in the universe---Neil Degrasse Tyson

Posted Image

theBlobLord
  • Minecraft: tehBlobLord

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Chain should be on par with leather for speed, you left it out of your list :P

I agree with this, but nothing too drastic; it should be noticeable, but not game-changing, just enough that when you have no armour you have a chance to escape from more advanced players.

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PosttheBlobLord, on 16 January 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Chain should be on par with leather for speed, you left it out of your list Posted Image

I agree with this, but nothing too drastic; it should be noticeable, but not game-changing, just enough that when you have no armour you have a chance to escape from more advanced players.

Thanks for noticing. Added it.

Posted Image

ivybridge
  • Minecraft: ivy_bridge

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hmmm. Interesting.

1) Gold is heavier than Diamond.
2) Heck, Pure Gold is heavier than lead.
3) At most the speed "Punishment" Should be -.5 MPS on the Heaviest armor (Like someone above mentioned).
4) Since Gold tends to have "Magical" powers in Minecraft, Heck yes to the second suggestion. (You might consider creating a separate thread for this.)

Posted Image

Click the Egg. Or It Will Seek Revenge!

UnitedSquadron

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

As long as the speed change isn't drastic, I support this. I do think that leather should not be affected by speed, as it would be the lightest of armor, but the enchantability should be lowered to balance it all out.
Posted Image

ivybridge
  • Minecraft: ivy_bridge

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Another idea. If this is implemented: There could also be a new armor enchantment "Feather weight" It would only be Lv. I, and would eliminate the speed "Punishment."

Posted Image

Click the Egg. Or It Will Seek Revenge!

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postivybridge, on 16 January 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Hmmm. Interesting.

1) Gold is heavier than Diamond. It is, but I made it the heaviest to balance it out
3) At most the speed "Punishment" Should be -.5 MPS on the Heaviest armor (Like someone above mentioned). That sounds good
4) Since Gold tends to have "Magical" powers in Minecraft, Heck yes to the second suggestion. (You might consider creating a separate thread for this.)

View Postivybridge, on 16 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Another idea. If this is implemented: There could also be a new armor enchantment "Feather weight" It would only be Lv. I, and would eliminate the speed "Punishment."
That sounds like a good idea.

Posted Image

pinballboy7
  • Location: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
  • Minecraft: pinballboy7

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Support, this would discourage spawnkilling.

View Postivybridge, on 16 January 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Hmmm. Interesting.

1) Gold is heavier than Diamond.
3) At most the speed "Punishment" Should be -.5 MPS on the Heaviest armor (Like someone above mentioned).
Gold ought to be second heaviest IMO.

View Postivybridge, on 16 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Maybe it should only halve the punishment, or people will just buy/repeatedly try for feather weight on diamond armor and then would go back to spawnkilling server noobs.
Posted Image

View PostHMANCRAFTER, on 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no...

EpicEnderMiner

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Actually, this has been suggested, multiple times. However, I do support this idea.

Here is a list of movement hinderance that should be implemented, from 'lightest' armor to 'heaviest'.

-Leather
-Chain
-Iron
-Diamond
-Gold

My current avatar is: Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance novels.

Posted Image

epicdude66adam

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

No! please no! I would really rather this not implemented unless this is a tiny decreaase in speed. Or it is a option in menu or server option  Besides, just take off the armor and then catch up and murder him, or take speed points! it just is a anoyance. sorry, but no.

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostEpicEnderMiner, on 16 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Actually, this has been suggested, multiple times. However, I do support this idea.

Here is a list of movement hinderance that should be implemented, from 'lightest' armor to 'heaviest'.

-Leather
-Chain
-Iron
-Diamond
-Gold
The reason I put gold armor before diamond was because it's basically useless.

View Postepicdude66adam, on 16 January 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

No! please no! I would really rather this not implemented unless this is a tiny decreaase in speed. Or it is a option in menu or server option  Besides, just take off the armor and then catch up and murder him, or take speed potions! it just is a anoyance. sorry, but no.
You could take off the armor, but you would have to put it back on once you caught up to them. You could also take speed potions, but that would just give them more of a use. This isn't supposed to render anybody with diamond armor paralyzed, it's supposed to give people without armor a chance against diamond armor hulks.

Posted Image

BACONFTWHAHA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Maybe it could slow down the person wearing the armor, as well as making their hunger bar decrease faster.
FACT: This is a bad signature.

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostBACONFTWHAHA, on 16 January 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Maybe it could slow down the person wearing the armor, as well as making their hunger bar decrease faster.
The suggestion already says that, and I think that being slowed down would be enough.

Posted Image

Minxe
    Minxe

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Minecraft: minxed

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Support. I think this is an awesome idea.  I would really enjoy being able to escape from people with armor.  (Not that I can't already, but I've never needed to)  I also like the idea with the gold.  It's really quite brilliant.  Double support.
I hope you read my post in a British accent.  Check out my fanfiction story:  Banner courtesy of Immortus
Posted Image

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostMinxe, on 16 January 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Support. I think this is an awesome idea.  I would really enjoy being able to escape from people with armor.  (Not that I can't already, but I've never needed to)  I also like the idea with the gold.  It's really quite brilliant.  Double support.
Thanks for the support!

Posted Image

MLroflmao9
  • Minecraft: MLroflmao9

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

We don't want minecraft to become too realistic, if minecraft kept adding these ideas minecraft would not be minecraft anymore.

Minxe
    Minxe

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Minecraft: minxed

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostMLroflmao9, on 17 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

We don't want minecraft to become too realistic, if minecraft kept adding these ideas minecraft would not be minecraft anymore.
That is true.  However, people also like to have PvP be fair, don't they?  So what about those people who like to PvP, but only if its fair?  Does that mean the other person can't use their diamond armor/sword?  Or does it mean that the person who doesn't have it has to go get some armor/weapons?  Or, does it mean that the person with the diamond armor/weapons feels more superior so they sneak up on un-armed/un-armored/un-prepared people who are completely unsuspecting and kill them?  Well, whatever the case, none of them are good, so how about they move slightly slower while wearing armor?  Yup.  I still support the idea.
I hope you read my post in a British accent.  Check out my fanfiction story:  Banner courtesy of Immortus
Posted Image

Lawnmower
    Lawnmower

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostMinxe, on 17 January 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

That is true.  However, people also like to have PvP be fair, don't they?  So what about those people who like to PvP, but only if its fair?  Does that mean the other person can't use their diamond armor/sword?  Or does it mean that the person who doesn't have it has to go get some armor/weapons?  Or, does it mean that the person with the diamond armor/weapons feels more superior so they sneak up on un-armed/un-armored/un-prepared people who are completely unsuspecting and kill them?  Well, whatever the case, none of them are good, so how about they move slightly slower while wearing armor?  Yup.  I still support the idea.
This is exactly what I meant with this. It basically keeps people with diamond armor from being a complete god.

View PostMLroflmao9, on 17 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

This isn't exactly game changing, and realism isn't always a bad thing.

Posted Image